Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mstwisted1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Adding ram
    I have an HP pavilion 6835 that currently has the 128mg ram that it came with. I would like to add more RAM. I know how to install the memory stick, but because the space I have to work within the tower is so small I can't see or feel if the card is in right. I don't want to keep opening it up and trying different cards. I have a 256mb stick with the proper amount of pins. Do I need to add another 128mb stick or can I use the one that's in there and add the 256... OR can I take out the 128mb stick and replace it with the 256mb stick I have?

My goal is to open the sucker one more time and add a new stick and be done with it. My hands are all cur up and I'm now so annoyed that I'm throwing things around the room and swearing which is scaring both the cat and the boyfriend. :mad:

Update:

Ommmmm... all I had to do was calm down and breathe. I removed the 128mb stick and replaced it with the 256mb stick. I couldn't see or feel it I had it lined up, so I listed to hear it click into place. Nobody got hurt.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Machines that old usually need paired memory sticks. Meaning both sticks have to be the same size.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding mothers last name [ 2 Answers ]

My son has his fathers last name, but being that we never married, and are no longer together, how do I go about adding my last name also?

Adding name to title [ 1 Answers ]

Can you let me know how a name can be added on an existing mortgage

Adding last name [ 2 Answers ]

Can my wife add my last name to the end of her child's last name, he has his father's last name,just wondering if mine can go after biological father's last name?

Adding a Name [ 1 Answers ]

How much will it cost to add my name to my partners existing mortgage?

Adding a bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to add a bathroom on the second floor in any space? We have some attic space on top of our garage which is close to a bedroom on the second floor. Will it be possible to add a bathroom in that space, so the room will have an attached bathroom? If not the room also has a big walk in...

View more questions Search