Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    WolfHybrid23's Avatar
    WolfHybrid23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 20, 2017, 03:24 PM
    I need help changing keyboard shortcuts for volume adjustment
    Hello, and thanks in advance. I'm using a Windows 10 HP desktop all in 1, but the keyboard that came with it ended up becoming shot, I had to get a new keyboard and I was wandering if it was possible to change the volume control keyboard shortcuts from "fn + [Arrow Up / Arrow Down]" to "Windows + [Arrow Up / Arrow Down], because my new keyboard doesn't have the FN key, the reason I'm asking this is because I'm getting tired of having to completely exit apps that don't allow windowed mode just to adjust the volume.
    Appzalien's Avatar
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57
    Senior Member

    Jan 22, 2017, 02:45 PM
    You might have to go through HP to get what you want. Many manufacturers hardware is proprietary to their PC and even if you got a keyboard with a function key there is no guarantee it will be recognized by the HP volume control signal sent from the board. Here is some information for you to consider: How to Choose Whether Your Function Keys are F1-F12 Keys or Special Keys

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need program for regular keyboard hotkeys to control volume [ 3 Answers ]

Already have a program for mouse control of volume, but want One that uses keys only. Running Windows XP pro, SP3.

How to make keyboard shortcuts [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I just want to put, itunes on a keyboard shortcut like f10 or sometin. How can I do that?? o.O

Differential calc when the volume radius and height is changing [ 4 Answers ]

If water was leaking from an inverted conical tank at a rate of 10 000 cm³/min and at the same time water form another source is entering the tank at a constant rate Q. The tank is 6m high and the diameter at the top is 4m (r=2m=200cm). If the water level is rising at a rate of 20cm/min when the...

Changing a keyboard shortcut [ 3 Answers ]

Some how I set the caps lock key to open the start menu. I don't know how this happened but I need to undo it. I know there's a way to map keys but forgot how to do it.

Computer Keyboard Shortcuts [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know where I can print a list of the shortcuts for the number keyboard, eg: alt+64 gives you @ and alt+63 gives you a? Is there somewhere that I can print out all of the short cuts, as I am currently working with a French keyboard, and need to know where all of these...

View more questions Search