Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    serenala's Avatar
    serenala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 12, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Tooth abcess
    I had a filling that fell out never went back to dentist the tooth decayed but now it has a swoollen gum lump inside is this abcessed? No drainage no pain
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,801, Reputation: 2674

    Jun 12, 2007, 10:44 AM
    If there is no pain in or around the tooth, say when you bite on it, or tap it, there should be pain if the tooth is impacted. I would suggest a visit to the dentist to have it extracted if the gum is swollen, then it means trouble. The decay probably started again after the filling fell out.
    marieg1978's Avatar
    marieg1978 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 12, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Hi there, I'm a dental nurse. It sounds like the gum around the tooth is inflamed, it doesn't sound like an acute abscess, but I would advice you to contact a dentist to have it check.
    Is the gum swollen on the side of the tooth or does it appear more inside the tooth were the filling use to be? My advice for the short term is rinse your mouth with corsodyl mouthwash, it available from most chemist. I hope this will help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom tooth [ 4 Answers ]

Why do my wisdom teeth smell?

Tooth.. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any activities that is not allowed if u just went ot the dentist to pull your teeth?

Tooth Abscess [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Ease Pain Of A Tooth Abscess,taking Painkillers And Antibiotics, But Still Hurts Like Hell.

Discolored tooth [ 6 Answers ]

I have a discolored tooth that my dentist says has been caused by nerve damage. Is it possible to reverse the discoloration? Also, I rinse my mouth with baking soda. Could that have caused the discoloration? Is there any danger in rinsing my mouth with baking soda?

View more questions Search