Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bobbye Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Nov 18, 2005, 10:27 PM
    Five Crowns Of Scripture
    "FIVE CROWNS OF SCRIPTURE"

I referenced this subject in my previous post ("Partakers of Their Evil Deeds), thus I post the following.

Please share your comments re these crowns.
    ===========.
    THERE IS NO CROWN GIVEN FOR SALVATION! "...IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD!" (1) The believer's sins were judged at Calvary. (2) Also, the believer must judge himself in order to stand at the "Bema" or "Judgment Seat of Christ (place of rewards).

CROWN OR REWARDS:

(1) The Crown of Life/The Martyr's Crown:
    This Crown is mentioned twice in Scripture: James 1:12 and Revelation 2:10.
    (I) Given to those who "endureth temptation.
    (ii) Given to those who have been tested almost beyond human endurance ("The Martyr's Crown).

(2) The Crown of Glory: The Shepherd's Crown
    The Shepherd or Pastor's Crown, given by the Chief shepherd when He shall appear. I Peter 5:2-4

(3) The Crown of Rejoicing or "Soul Winner's Crown"
    Given to those who have turned many to righteousness. Those brought to Jesus by us will be our "Crown of Rejoicing" at His coming. I Thessalonians 2:19.

(4) The Crown of Righteousness
    This is the crown for those who "Love His appearing!" and will be given in "that day" -- "the day of His appearing!" II timothy 4:8

Those who "love His appearing" will be getting ready along the journey of life in order to qualify for this Crown. The Blood of Jesus saves, yet how we live in accordance with God's Holiness will determine if we receive this Crown.

(5) The Crown Incorruptible" or "Victor's Crown!"
    Why strive for a crown or trophy that is going to fade and tarnish with time? "Incorruptible" means there will be no devastation or tarnishing of this crown.

This is the "Victor's Crown" and is for those who "keep their body" -- who do not yield to their fleshly lusts; who do not permit themselves to be diverted from the Master's vineyard. I Corinthians 9:25-27 "And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we, an "incorruptible." .

And what will we do with these crowns/rewards/trophies in Heaven?

"... cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Revelation 4:10-11

Be blessed. I look forward to your comments.
    Bobbye
    Sage Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2005, 02:30 PM
    Nice post Bobbye
    Bobbye Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Nov 19, 2005, 06:30 PM
    Five Crowns of Scripture
    Thanks, Sage.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
    Bobbye
    Sage Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2005, 11:31 PM
    Happy thanksgiving to you as well. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with a scripture [ 10 Answers ]

I am pregnant and going to have a daughter. I haven't been a Christian for long, but I know in the Bible it talks about how women shouldn't cut their hair. Can someone help me find this scripture so I can explain to my husband why I do not wish to cut our daughters hair. ( he thinks its stupid.)

Temporary porcelain front crowns [ 4 Answers ]

I am a newbie here. I just had three front porcelain crowns put in a few days ago. I have no idea what temps should feel or look like. They look great but feel like I have buck teeth. Behind the teeth feels like I have a chuck of bread stuck there. When I speak some of the words I pronounce sound...

View more questions Search