Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james101 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2013, 11:18 PM
    How long should I wait to tell a girl I think she's cute after I have met her?
    I was with my friends I usually hang out with sometimes and this girl was there that I haven't met before and she seems really nice and I find her cute. But I just met her a week ago though and I feel it would be to soon. How long should I wait to tell her what I think of her? We have talked a few times since.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 11:26 PM
    So you think she's cute? I don't know of any protocol that forbids you from telling her as soon the thought pops into your head. I also don't know of any rule that says you have to wait a certain amount of time before expressing how you feel.

What am I missing? Is there now a rule book on what you can say and when?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 12:39 AM
    You just tell her,

Sep 5, 2013, 02:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    So you think she's cute? I don't know of any protocol that forbids you from telling her as soon the thought pops into your head. I also don't know of any rule that says you have to wait a certain amount of time before expressing how you feel.

What am I missing? Is there now a rule book on what you can say and when?
    Don't have to be sarcastic... jeeze.. just wasn't sure if it was a bad idea to say it so early since I just met her...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2013, 05:21 AM
    How old are you and where do you want this telling her she is cute to lead to? Its one thing telling a girl she is cute but if it is a 13 year olds pick up line then maybe you should wait until you notice if she seems to like you sort of the same way.

Sep 5, 2013, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    How old are you and where do you want this telling her she is cute to lead to? Its one thing telling a girl she is cute but if it is a 13 year olds pick up line then maybe you should wait until you notice if she seems to like you sort of the same way.
    I'm 18 and she's 16 and I don't know maybe to show that I'm confident in hopes maybe she will notice how confident I am and maybe see if in time with that she might start to like me
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2013, 05:03 PM
    Can't hurt to try.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 05:04 PM
    All that experience you have had and all of a sudden your not sure about your next move? There are no timetables or rules. You go with the flow. Are you still in high school? If you aren't leave her alone.

Sep 5, 2013, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    All that experience you have had and all of a sudden your not sure about your next move? There are no timetables or rules. You go with the flow. Are you still in high school? If you aren't leave her alone.
    What does me being in high school or not have to do with anything? And what do you mean all my experience I've had..
    Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 09:03 PM
    I have followed your other posts. As an adult you should know better than messing with a minor. Are you getting my drift or not?

Sep 5, 2013, 11:06 PM
    I have followed your other posts. As an adult you should know better than messing with a minor. Are you getting my drift or not?
    What the heck she's not a minor... its legal I'm only older then her by 2 years I don't know where your getting your stuff from... and my other questions have nothing to do with stuff like this...
    Expert

Sep 6, 2013, 07:34 AM
    In the US, she is indeed a minor and subject to the rules of her parents and you are indeed an adult. And your past dalliances with females is very relevant to what you are seeking from this female you just met. Quite evident you want in her pants despite the innocence of your question.

So unless you are subject to different laws than I am familiar with, or your intentions have changed toward females, the question of you being still in high school or not is important. If indeed you are very experienced with females, and you certainly are, I hope you don't mind if I question both your intent, and status to better answer your question.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2013, 07:50 AM
    It depends what State you are in. 16 year old can go out with 20 year olds in SOME states, but they still have to abide by parental rule of the 16 year olds parents.

Sep 6, 2013, 12:23 PM
    In the US, she is indeed a minor and subject to the rules of her parents and you are indeed an adult. And your past dalliances with females is very relevant to what you are seeking from this female you just met. Quite evident you want in her pants despite the innocence of your question.

So unless you are subject to different laws than I am familiar with, or your intentions have changed toward females, the question of you being still in high school or not is important. If indeed you are very experienced with females, and you certainly are, I hope you don't mind if I question both your intent, and status to better answer your question.
    Your being an... and here in canada the law is if your 5 years older... im only 2 years older that's not much at all and I just turned 18 and I'm a respectful person and.. im not a jerk who just wants to get in her pants thank you very much and don't automatically assume I have lots of experience just cause I'm 18...
    Expert

Sep 6, 2013, 01:11 PM
    This isn't your first girlfriend, or better the first female you have been attracted to,

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...-762423-3.html

That was what 3 weeks ago? That's what makes the question of if you are in school still important because likely she is, and has to have parental consent to date you or you will pay consequences dating her. Consensual sex is a whole different LAW, and even if there is no sex, her parents can still hold you accountable for seeing you period.

I have already answered your original question, there are no rules or timetables for expressing if she is cute or not, nor can anyone predict her reaction, but an 18 year old adult male better be careful with females still living with parents who are responsible for them. None of us wants to give you advice that gets either of you in trouble.

I know you aren't THAT experienced, but no need to be defensive about a simple question as to whether you are a senior in high school or a graduate. You may not see the importance of such a small difference, but most other adults do. It's important that YOU consider it to.

Sep 6, 2013, 01:23 PM
    This isn't your first gf, or better the first female you have been attracted to,

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...-762423-3.html

That was what 3 weeks ago? That's what makes the question of if you are in school still important because likely she is, and has to have parental consent to date you or you will pay consequences dating her. Consensual sex is a whole different LAW, and even if there is no sex, her parents can still hold you accountable for seeing you period.

I have already answered your original question, there are no rules or timetables for expressing if she is cute or not, nor can anyone predict her reaction, but an 18 year old adult male better be careful with females still living with parents who are responsible for them. None of us wants to give you advice that gets either of you in trouble.

I know you aren't THAT experienced, but no need to be defensive about a simple question as to whether you are a senior in high school or a graduate. You may not see the importance of such a small difference, but most other adults do. It's important that YOU consider it to.
    well I wouldn't be getting in trouble.. like I said I'm not much older then her and if it comes to us possibly dating and her parents want to meet me then so be it ill meet them...
    Anonymous8 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2013, 05:21 AM
    From my stand point, find out what she's like, hobbies, intrests, sports. Just dn't go up and say, "Hey I saw you a couple days ago, and I think you're cute." Of course you wouldn't say it like that, but from last week ago experience, I would say you shouldn't just tell her you think she's attractive. Maybe hang out with her friends and see what they're like, then you'll know what she is like. Now, I might not know what I'm saying since I'm a little younger than you, but I I have learned not to live in the moment with this kind of stuff.
    Aace82nd Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2013, 03:30 PM
    talaniman you are being a over reactive jerk
    Expert

Sep 10, 2013, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aace82nd View Post
    talaniman you are being a over reactive jerk
    Don't be so impatient my snot nosed young friend I will get to your question in due time. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I kissed a girl and she's my best friend. [ 9 Answers ]

I'm a girl as well and I went over her house last night for a sleepover and I asked her if she ever kissed a girl and she said yeah and then she said have you and I said no. I don’t mind trying it though and I started laughing and she did too. Then she said do you want to try it. And I said I don’t...

Is this girl a tease or she's confused?? [ 3 Answers ]

OK.. here it goes.. my long time gilrfriend dumped me few months back... I did no contact rule for 1.5 months.. after that I pretended that all my feelings were gone and I don't love her.. I just wanted to be friends.. I behaved very normally with her like I'm just a normal frd without showing any...

How long should a girl wait to have sex with a guy? [ 7 Answers ]

How long should a girl wait to have sexual intercourse with a guy? Will he view her any different?

Cute looks for long, straight, hair. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys. I have long, straight, straw-berry blonde colored hair. I was woundering, if anybody had some ideas on something for my hair. I don't want to cut It, and I don't like my hair up. (mainly becouse of my ears, and how It feels.) My hair Is some what not easy to fool with. It also often...

View more questions Search