Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimbowoody Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 04:27 PM
    Can you hook up a laundry sink to a washer hook-up?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 3, 2011, 05:28 PM

Hi Jim...

With some rearranging of the piping you sure can... ;)

Are you trying to install a sink in addition to keeping the washing machine drain/vent in place or is this sink going to completely replace the washer drain/vent? Let me know, OK?

Mark
    jimbowoody Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 02:40 PM
    Comment on massplumber2008's post
    Thanks. I do want to keep the washing machine, and don't think it's going to work without rearranging pipes, so think I won't do it after all.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 10:17 PM

You could always use the washer drain/vent for the laundry sink and just dump the washer hose in the sink.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hook up hot/cold and drain on floor above current washer hook up [ 1 Answers ]

Currently have washer and dryer in the basement. Would like to hook up washer and dryer immediately above these in my garage. The current drain system to the washer and dryer does not have a vent, do I need to add one. If I run the drain for the washer in the garage can it be connected to the...

Washer hook up [ 1 Answers ]

If you only wash on the cold cold water setting do you have to hook up the hot water hose? This is on a Kenmore 80 Series Thanks, Jeff Kinlaw

Gas washer/dryer kitchen sink hook up [ 2 Answers ]

So, I am thinking about installing a washer and dryer in my apartment. However the washer and dryer are from the early 90's and I wanted to know if this is even possible the dryer =gas and I am not sure if the washer is or if washers even come in gas... lol.. please help.. thanks, and if it is...

Hook up hot & cold lines and drain to garage utility sink next to clothes washer [ 1 Answers ]

I desire to hook up a utility sink nedst to the existing clothes washer in an enclosed garage area. The washer has existing hot and cold supply lines coming from the wall with a ¾” brass bibb. Can I, and if so, how, can I connect hot and cold lines to the utility sink. It has a standard type...

Sink and shower drain hook up [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a sink and shower right next to each other. The flooring is not yet in. The sink goes in one side of a T the shower the other side and the third side of the T goes to the main Drain. When I drain the sink it backs up into the shower. How do I stop this. There is a trap under the...

View more questions Search