Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gerbil13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 12:16 PM
    Had sex with a girl but don't want to date her
    Went to a wedding the other night and this girl was all over me. After the wedding I took her back to her place and proceeded to spend the night. Just got out of a 7 year relationship and don't really want to see this new girl again but she is a friend of some of my friends and don't want to look like a complete douchebag. Anyone have any advice on how I should handle this situation? Thanks!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 12:17 PM

Did you and her exchange numbers?

Mar 1, 2010, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Did you and her exchange numbers?
    Yeah, can't use that excuse :(
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 12:26 PM

Perhaps she won't want to see you again either?

Maybe she understands it was only a one night stand.

Tell her the truth if she asks,it takes two too tango,so she can't lay all the blame on your door,should there be blame.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 12:40 PM

Herpes is forever...

Mar 1, 2010, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    perhaps she wont want to see you again either?

maybe she understands it was only a one night stand.

tell her the truth if she asks,it takes two too tango,so she can't lay all the blame on your door,should there be blame.
    Well she has already asked on of my friends to talk to me so it sounds like she does want to see me again. I will have a hard time telling her that its not going to go anywhere, this is why I typically try to stay away from this kind of stuff.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 12:46 PM

Well there goes that theory. Just be honest with her tell her you just got out of a 7 year relationship and you aren't ready to be in another relationship.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 1, 2010, 01:18 PM

How about being honest?

You actually blew it (and will have a harder time not looking like a douchebag because of it) when you weren't honest BEFORE you had sex with her.

Now your only choice is to be brutally honest with her.
    kendallashton Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 11:17 PM

Yep, we sure would hate for YOU to look bad!! Let her be the one to save face at your expense. That's what a real man would do. A douchebag on the other hand...

P.S. Just stay away from my daughter. (Yes, the beautiful, green-eyed, blond with the southern drawl.)
    Bonita-- Posts: 301, Reputation: 17

Mar 1, 2010, 11:26 PM
    Just be honest with her, but in a nice way. Tell her that you're sorry and you feel bad about it but you're not looking for a relationship because you just got out of a 7 year relationship, she should understand. After all if was only a one night stand so what can she really expect from you?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2010, 06:15 AM

Just something to keep in mind the next time you go after a booty call or hookup.

Check the stats on the percentage of people infected by Herpes... by HPV and AIDS in your agegroup... if that doesn't scare you consider the possibility you knock her up... yeah even if you use protection because it happens all too frequently.

Consider 18+ years of paying child support to a woman you met once... slept with once... and spend two decades paying for.

No I'm not a save it for marriage type... but I am a don't sleep with someone you won't consider marrying type.

Because like the bumper sticker says... "Sh*t happens".
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 11:51 AM

I doubt that she will care one way or the other.

She was all over you, not the other way around. She willingly did the one night stand, and somebody that loose, that would take a stranger home and have sex with him, is not exactly a good catch. She likely has a history of doing likewise with other men.

I think you're both douchbags. You for not being able to control yourself and have sex with a stranger, and her for not being able to control herself, and have sex with a stranger.

I'd quit while you're ahead, and not make anything 'moral' about this by way of ammends, or apologies.

Next time, control yourself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 11:59 AM

It was a one night stand, and leaving her alone is what you do, to not complicate things further. That also means keeping your mouth shut to your friends, even if she doesn't.

Mar 4, 2010, 12:32 PM

Ok, came clean. My friends kept telling me she wanted me to call her so I called but she didn't answer, good deal right? Well, she started texting me when we were going to go out again. So instead of texting her back with the bad news I called her and explained the situation to her. Feel like crap now, guess I deserve that. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 12:36 PM

You may feel like crap,but at least you were honest with her and did not feed her a c*ck and bull story,she may just see that.

Let it go now.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 12:50 PM

Never protect yourself at the expense of others, emotionally. Talking to her was probably the right thing to do since she wasn't letting it go.

Confessing to her makes you out to be a bad guy, but that lets her get mad and get over you, which is what you want and it's good for both of you, so that makes you out (secretly) to be a good guy.

Learn from this, sex is instinctively driven, you have no control over the desire, but you need to have complete control of your actions. This kind of activity could (and still can) go badly for you in so many ways, and you're only having to deal with the mildest of them here.

Consider yourself lucky, so far. Save sex for someone you're seriously considering hooking your wagon to forever, because that may be the result anyway.

;)
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 01:09 PM

To be honest we all do silly things when we get out of a relationship.

You were honest, she will get over it. It was one night. Just get yourself checked and don't get in this situation again.

Just my 2c.
    jfo Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2010, 10:14 AM

I agree with the others, I think being honest with her will help all parties move forward on what this was. Honesty is the best policy.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 10:37 AM

Here's an idea, don't sleep with random people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girl felx time to have sex look how long you make the rudeboi to sweat,girl flex [ 1 Answers ]

What's the name of the song that goes to this lyrics,girl flex time to have sex look how long you make the rude boy sweat girl flex

I don't know if my girl just don't want me or if its time that we need. [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I been dating this girl for 11 months now and I like her a lot and stuff. But every since we started dating she had have a flirting problem with other guys, especially over the phone. But she doesn't go out with them or anything like that, she says that she doesn't know when she flirts that it...

My mom don't want me to date but I have n were going to have sex [ 6 Answers ]

What's the best way to have sex will it hurt? N which way do people like it girls?? What's the best protection?

My date speaks outloud over sex his sex fantasies of three-way sex [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there, I have been dating this guy not for long time now. From the beginning while we were having sex he mentioned his sexual fantasies to me. He wanted to have another women joining us. I asked me why not him with two other women not me being involved. Anyhow, a few days ago he mentioned...

View more questions Search