Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chicagows23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 06:50 AM
    Loving a married woman
    I am a female in love with a married woman. The last time we went out I wanted to end the relationship, but she said "everything is temporary and that she may knock on my door one day" Do I wait or move on? And do you think she loves me as much because she made that statement?:confused:
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 07:29 AM

It doesn't matter what she says. She's married so she's off limits.

Don't be the person who she cheats with.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 07:36 AM
    You have to do the right thing in this situation.
    You are the real one suffering, instead of finding a happy, healthy, monogamous relationship, you are left waiting and holding the bag as someone's mistress.
    So now you aren't dating or fulfilling any of your goals and she is getting the best of both worlds.
    A husband and family to show off and probably a sexual and emotional relationship with you, all of her needs are met, while you are ignoring your own needs.
    You shouldn't have started the affair or been involved since the beginning and now the consequence is the pain of doing the right thing, but better late then never.
    Stop paying for her happiness.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 09:44 AM

You broke it off with her and she said 'everything is temporary... '
    So you would consider sitting around waiting indefinitely for somebody that is married and
    YOU broke up with... for what?
    She is married... move on.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 10:04 AM

I have seen this first hand.
    One day you may be friends, but a couple... not likely.
    Married women with identity or marrital issues give themselves permission to sleep with another woman who they feel bonded with...
    In the end it helps neither them or you...
    Her marriage may not last forever but don't expect you to be the answer.
    Her life is not going to end up in a position to be
    In a committed lesbian relationship.

Jul 30, 2009, 05:42 AM
    Thanks to all. I already knew the answer.
    Just needed reaffirmation.
    ;)

Aug 10, 2009, 02:10 AM
    Im becoming confused-again!
    Threads merged for all the details.

If a woman doesn't say "leave me alone", does that indicate that she still wants me in her life?

Also I found her old high school yearbook on eBay, should I give it to her as a present?

Questions that may seem trivial, but are important to me.

I want her as my lifelong friend and that is the norm for me. I have lifelong friends one for 26 years and another 15 years. And this married woman 8 years.:)
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 02:24 AM

What HAS she said? And what kind of friendship are you hoping for?is it a platonic friendship with a married woman?

Aug 10, 2009, 02:44 AM
    She talks to me, laughs at my jokes and she says she is not mad at me. I work with her in the same department.

And yes a platonic friendship is what I want above all else.

But, there are those moments when she seems she doesn't want to acknowledge me and I feel as if she would rather I would disappear
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 03:02 AM

Ask her if she wants a friendship.

Aug 10, 2009, 03:11 AM
    Should I give her the yearbook I found on eBay?
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 03:22 AM

Again. Ask her first.
    Loi13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 04:05 AM

Part of the problem here is a lack of specifics. What are these moments when she doesn't seem to want to acknowledge you? What specifically does she do?
    I wouldn't suggest asking her unless you have known her to be honest in the past.
    Also, is it possible that she's worried that you are coming on to her, a married woman and is trying to let you down? If you believe this is the case, you could try telling her of your true intentions (only a platonic friendship). Maybe mentioning that a friend raised the possibility.
    As a last resort, you can try, "disappearing" for a while and see if she tries to contact you. Just don't send emails, phone her, or hang out in places where you see her.
    Before you do this though, please post more information about the situation.

Aug 10, 2009, 05:16 AM
    So u want the specifics. There is no rhyme or reason to the time and or situation when she ignores me. So I can't really give u specifics. U would think there would be a pattern.

But she is very spontaneous. Also I know she is on Cymbalta. And when I asked why she wouldn't tell me, just that she was getting bad headaches.

Back to my main question if someone wanted you to leave them alone why wouldn't they say so?

And I have given her space. She is the one that initiates the contact. And then she seems to withdraw at times.

Just can't make sense of it all.:confused:
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 05:32 AM

Your ex lovers that have broken up, so leave her alone, and don't give her anything. Your trying to force something on someone, who doesn't want it.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 05:39 AM

Giving her her year book is just a feeble attempt at trying to see her again.
    She is married so her ryhme and reason is that you are seconds that she may bother with when she doesn't have her life going on.
    Why do you want to be seconds to a married woman?
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 05:44 AM

Threads merged I gather.so latest thread was a bit confusing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married woman dating a married man [ 4 Answers ]

I am 30yr old married woman dating a married man of 36yrs old. We both love our spouses but yearn for each other every now and then. He has a kid and I have none yet. Is is right to be feeling this man about another man, especially one that is married? I can't help my feelings, they're...

Married woman in love with a married man ! [ 31 Answers ]

Please I need a reply for my problem , but plzzzzzzzz don't type an answer that is talking about ethics, morality & consequences of infedility.. I just need to know does he really love me & how to win him back.. We were work colleagues since 2002 I was single & he was married couple of months when...

Involved with a married woman [ 78 Answers ]

Hi, I had been single for the past two years after a very bad relationship until I met a woman 10 years older then me and married, we just clicked, it was obvious we both liked each other straight away. She was upfront about being married from the start, I'd never normally get involved with...

I am 20 and married, and loving it! [ 10 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and I am married. I love being married and I think it is the best decision I have ever made. My husband and I met when we were 12 years old and were great friends since then. We started dating at 17, got engaged on our 6 month anniversary, and got married about a year and a half...

View more questions Search