Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cajngirl_27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 05:10 AM
    A loveless marriage
    I am 7 years in my second marriage. I realized after the marriage that is was a mistake. I wasn't in love. Yes he is the father of my son and new daughter but I realized what I was trying to do. I was trying to be in a relationship with someone just because of the kids. I should have left it at what it was before I became pregnant with the 7 year old. He and I had decided to give it a try when our son was over a year. Before that it was never a relationship. We got pregnant on a one night stand type of situation. For the past 2 years I have been miserable. I have gained so much weight to the point of borderline diabetic, high blood pressure... and cholesterol. I haven't wanted to do anything to myself as far as making myself look good. I mean I put on make up and all that but it had been 2 years since I had gotten my hair cut and dyed, etc. The situation seems like it gets worse but it does.. For the past 5 years I have been drinking almost daily, so has he. For the past week I haven't been drinking and I have lost so much weight. My high school sweetheart and I made contact. Since the day before mother's day we have been talking.. as friends.. We have met and talked.. because I wanted him to know my situation.. my weight gain.. etc. Saturday.. we spent tonight together.. He being 40 now and myself 38.. We did not engage in sex. We just talked most of the night.. Then I finally got a couple hours of sleep while he was watching TV. Well he comes back to bed and we just talk for a couple of more hours. It was great to be able to talk to someone on an adult level with the same topics of interest. I just need help in all the situations mentioned above.. I am confused about staying in a marriage without love just for the children. I don't want to hurt my children. But I want to be happy!
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

May 18, 2009, 05:42 AM

It hurts your children more to watch you "function" in a lovless marriage, you may be civil to each other but children pick up on more than you think. I feel that you should do for you right now make yourself happy and in yurn you will feel better and your children will see that you are happy and be happy to. Get yourself out of that funk don't go on in this depressed state.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 08:01 AM

IF you are going to end your marriage do it the right way.

1. Tell your High School friend you will be back in touch in 6 months but a lot is going on at home right now and need to focus on that.

2. Get in best physical shape you can get in. (Get to weight your doctor recommends)

3. NO more drinking.

4. AFTER you have done the ABOVE...

5. Talk to an attorney. Consider counseling.

Then after 3 more months...

6. Talk to your husband about a separation if it is still what you want. Make it clear the child is most important and must not feel unloved or any separation violence or anxiety.

7. Then, when prepared then yes, Divorce. But make sure you have dealt with your feelings with a pro counselor.

8. Stay in good shape.

9. Focus on the future.

10. Make sure your child feels loved and has a role model to aspire to.

GOOD LUCK! DO this the right way or you will suffer more...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 18, 2009, 08:35 AM

I hope you go see a doctor, and stop drinking. You may be depressed, and that's something that can be dealt with.
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

May 18, 2009, 09:05 AM

I agree with Tal. You definitely sound depressed. You should get into see a therapist to help you with your depression. I also think you should get out of the marriage. It doesn't seem healthy at all, and like everyone has said, you children will pick up on the misery of a loveless marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loveless marriage [ 5 Answers ]

I am very attractive and have been married for almost 5 yrs. And my husband pulls away From me when I go to Makeout with him. And initiate sex. I want to be desired and have Some excitement in my marriage. And I just can't get it from him I have talked with him about this and he says he just...

Loveless marriage for 50 years! [ 2 Answers ]

I am miserable with a husband.a good provider and good father for 50 years.but I never loved him I realize now I never should have married him!I try to keep myself busy but keep looking backwards.I have no feelings for him.cannot even touch him! I made a big mistake so many years ago.if this...

A Patty Loveless Song [ 1 Answers ]

Patty Loveless released a song and in the chorus the word if it were'nt for you I'd never found you, are in it. Can you please help me find the title to this song. I believe it came out aroung 1990 to 1994, and I don't know the title to it. Thank you nucklehead.

Loveless heart [ 4 Answers ]

When will I ever get a boyfriend?

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

View more questions Search