Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boredstiff247 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 03:07 AM
    Not cut out for this life?
    All right so I'm a 16 year old kid with all the potential in the world. I can't sit up straight, I imbelish every word, Im very outlandish and I speak very formally. I am a musician, I play drums for a band and guitar and bass on free time. Im 6'0" and skinny as a pole, girls say Im cute but wont go near me becase i look intimidating (1/2 " plugs and such).

So my question is... Why am I so depressed? I have nothing to worry about but I still don't think my life is good at all. I am constantly bored and never happy.

If you can share any insight in which you hold I would tremendously appreciate it.

-Kyle
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 05:03 AM

Have you spoken to a parent or perhaps a guidance counselor/doctor about your depression? It is possible that its phisiological.

Let me ask you this: you can't sit up straight or you don't sit up straight? How can you speak formally if you embelish every word? Is the fact that girls shun you the reason you are depressed or the other way around?
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Feb 18, 2009, 09:38 AM

Dude, your 16, your allowed to be depressed just don't do anything stupid. But anyway, to answer your question, you may or may not be cut out for your lifestyle, only you can answer that but you may as well give it a go.
    Are you happy while playing with your band or doing what other hobbies you have? Don't let depression win, keep up all the talent.

Quotes timee

"Sometimes you have to die a little inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person."
    canadiancharbel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2012, 07:40 PM
    In my opinion one of the best cures for feeling down is being loved. You might be lonely. If it is psycological like said above than finding a girl that makes you happy may not solve everything, but its just a thought.

So there are these girls that say you are cute and are intimidated by you? Sounds like oppurtunity to me. Find one that you think is fun, and that you are attracted to. Since they are intimidated you, be the one that initiates conversation. Just be confident.

Figure out what's negative in your life. Write it down. Figure out what people places and things are bringing you down and try to cut them out. More importantly figure out what's positive in your life. Not what other people think are positive, but what you think are positive and make you feel happy. Focus on them. Just always think positively, even if your at rock bottom someday, look forward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

Getting my life together... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I had a child with a woman in my younger years things did not work out. I have been in my sons life ever since he was born. I moved out of state four years ago to get my life together and left him with her because she proved to be a responsible and loving mother. I moved on and have two kids...

Is this all there is to life? [ 3 Answers ]

Is this all there is to life? I'm taking Celexa, Wellbutrin, Adarax, and Trazadone for Borderline Personality Disorder. I've been taking the meds with therapy now for 2 months. Before that I use to drink with my friends or anywhere that I would go for enjoyment. Now I can't drink because of the...

My Life [ 13 Answers ]

What to do if you have a boyfriend that has a 11month old daughter and a baby on the way with two different females,but you wasn't with him before he had the baby with the other girls.We love each other very much,we been together going on 3months.

View more questions Search