Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhuckaby51 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 07:17 PM
    IAT P0113 CEL blinks briefly
    I have a 96 civic that was given to me. It was driven into the car shed and turned off. The next morning it would not start. Turns over but does not start. I checked the spark and none. A friend loaned me his OBDII tester and the DTC of P0113 IAT high out put came up. Oh and by the way the CEL comes on just like described in some of the other threads but at the 2 sec interval it blinks as if it is going to go off but comes right back on. I tried to clear the error code but it comes back on. My question is, can the P0113 error keep the engine from firing and starting. I haven't had the chance to test the IAT with my VOM but will tomorrow. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2008, 07:15 AM
    Perform tests in Sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post325940

Jun 4, 2008, 05:54 AM
    Finally got the CEL working according to description. Comes on 2 sec and then out. Fuel pump runs. 4.98 volts at MAP. Still no fire at plugs. Used test at distributor. Battery volts at both ICM and Coil. Still no spark at plugs. Going to autozone for new distributor. Will update .
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2008, 08:34 AM
    You may only need to replace the Ignition Control Module and/or coil, which many AutoZone stores can do for free. If you replace the distributor housing, my advice is to go with genuine Honda, since we have had many problems with all types of aftermarket distributors for Hondas on this site.

Jun 6, 2008, 04:39 AM
    I installed the distributor yesterday and she fired right up. I replaced the distributor because it was more economical to replace the whole thing than to buy the individual parts from autozone. The tips/instructions given on this site are extremely helpful. Thanks for all the help. Since the civic is running now there will probably be other issues I will need help with and now I know where to come.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer Desktop powers briefly and shuts [ 1 Answers ]

My desktop power power on briefly and shuts, I observed the fan on CPU turns on when I switch button on and then fan stops. I replaced the CPU ( Intel/Celeron)fan recently, after this problem started

Gmp100-4,5 blinks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , No blower shut down after call for heat is satisfied, main limit is closed. The furnace trouble code of 5 blinks says " false flame sensed " sticking gas valve. Any help is appreciated

Briefly explain how operating activities can be a net use of cash when the company is [ 1 Answers ]

Briefly explain how operating activities can be a net use of cash when the company is operating so profitably.

Blower Set to "Continuous Run" turns off Briefly when Compressor Cycles [ 4 Answers ]

We have two AC units/zones servicing our house... We have both systems set (at the thermostat) to continuously run the blowers even if the compressor has cycled off. The blower on one unit, however, cycles off briefly for about 2 seconds when the air conditioner compressor turns off, despite...

Furnace blows cold air briefly several times a day [ 6 Answers ]

Goodman GMP-075-3 gas furnace circa 1994 (induced draft, hot surface ignition, ca. 80% efficient, horizontally mounted in unheated attic, no A/C). Honeywell Magistat thermostat. The furnace worked fine for about 8 years, and still heats well and maintains the proper temperature. Starts with an...

View more questions Search