Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    motelsandiego Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 04:02 PM
    2 clogged bathroom sinks that sit back to back.
    Hi! My problem consists of two clogged bathroom sinks that sit back to back. The toilet and shower in each room are not clogged and have no problems. I snaked the vents from the roof of each room with 3/8" snake but this didn't clear the clog. I've removed and cleaned both p-traps from each sink and replaced them but still have a clog. I also attached a blow bag to a garden hose and inserted into each vent on the roof but still had no positive results.

What else can I do!

Thanks,
    Tim
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 07:08 PM
    A few things. 1st you can have a helper hold one lavatory plugged with rags while you use the plunger on the other, 2nd, you can pour clorox bleach in it and let it dissolve the clog. Do not breathe the fumes.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 05:05 AM
    Hey Tim... sounds like you cleared the vent stack good, now you need to go back under each sink, remove the traps and snake just into the drain a couple feet or so. YOU need to unclog the branch fitting of the vent stack now.

Do not snake into next room (listen/feel for that), and no need to run out more then a foot or two past the stack... you know that is cleared... ok?

So work it in that manner... snake in/out, back/forth, until the branch OFF The stack clears... Hope that makes sense.

Let us know what happens, Tim. And how are you doing on the 2 pumps and the holding tank? If need more info. let me know at the posting area for that question. Good luck... Mark

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 16, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Do not snake into next room (listen/feel for that), and no need to run out more then a foot or two past the stack... you know that is cleared... ok?
    Good morning Tim,
    Your lavatories and connected back toback through a drainage cross, (see image) Mark's concerned that you will go past the vent and come up in the other lavatory. My concern is that when you snaked from the roof vent that you didn'tput out enough cable to reach the base of the vent plus 15 feet more. If you haven't done that then the vent still needs to be snaked. Good luck, Tom
    cinlyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2011, 10:30 AM
    This is an easy fix folks. Check out How to Unclog a Dual Bathroom Sink Drain | eHow.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turning Water back on for bathroom sink [ 1 Answers ]

I had a clog in the pipes under my bathroom sink. I shut off the hot and cold water valves before removing the pipes (just in case someone accidentally turned the water on while working). I ended up replacing the pipes and got everything set up. I turned the water valves back on but, when I turn...

Main bathroom sink and tub reoccuring back ups [ 2 Answers ]

The main bathroom sink and tub drain really slow. I thought I corrected the problem a couple of months ago by taking the trap off my sink and using a small snake to unclog the pipes. It worked, or so I thought. Now I have the same problem. It is only these two drains. Do I try the snake again...

Bathroom sinks from 1 to 2 [ 2 Answers ]

We are in the process of remodeling our bathroom built in 1996 (florida). We have purchased a stand alone vanity with 2 sinks. There is a vertical opening from the top to bottom backside of the vanity in the center of each sink and a square opening at the bottom of each side, directly under each...

Back To Back Sinks [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a wall in my basement that will have a vanity sink on one side and a wet bar sink on the other. If I run a hot water line to the vanity sink it is on the cold side of the wet bar sink. I will have the same issue on the cold water side. My question is can I just run one pipe for hot...

View more questions Search