Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ray Alone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2005, 12:00 AM
    Approaching
    :o Since long time back I decided to make a girl frind, but still (after 6 years)
    I couldn't do that.
    I started to read books to find what my problem is to solve, I found it, but not able to fix... that is funny, isn't it?
    My problem is that I'm not good on talking and when I want to start to talk to a girl, my mind goes blank and nothing to say...
    Or nothing comes to my mind, except a question and I get the answer fast, and conversation ends...
    Now I need help to get over this problem!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2005, 10:34 AM
    Talking to girls
    Hi,
    It's not uncommon to not know what to say around girls. Most of us had to learn, by experience.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.pickupguide.com/layguide/

It has some good suggestions on what to say and how to act around girls.
    I do wish you the best of luck, and when you start developing a little more confidence with saying things, it will come natural to you!
    Happy New Year.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 30, 2005, 12:27 AM
    Freddy, I thought the "how to lay guide" was funny and helpful, welcome back. Ray Alone, don't be nervous when you are approaching women. Try going to some social events that are centered around an interest. You should also practice talking with any women, not just the ones to whom you are attracted to. This will make you more confidence. Also hang out with people who will help bring you out of your shell, like your female friends or coworkers. When you approach a woman the most important thing is to be yourself and not put too much pressure on yourself. Because women can detect when a guy is being superficial or trying too hard. Be confident when you talk to women, a man who feels secure with his own self makes the woman he's with feel secure. She'll be able to be relaxed and that will make it easier for you to get to know her for herself. Somewhere among all the women you talk to and get to know will be the one who is right for you.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2005, 08:20 AM
    "Finding a girlfriend" is not a science that you can read about in a textbook. Of course, publishers and authors want to sell books and while there may be some helpful literature out there, finding a girlfriend is something that "just happens", as irrational as it may sound. There may be some helpful literature for improving one's social skills in general and it sounds like you may need to work on this. This will help you in far more avenues than just the pursuit of romance, such as with finding a job and advancing in your career and maintaining casual friendships, which is an important stepping stone in your ultimate goal of finding romance. What you DON'T wan't to do is build your life around the focus of finding a girlfriend. Pursue an education, a career, hobbies and CASUAL friendships of both genders. Read liturature on improving your social skills, not on finding a girlfriend. Do all these things and the pursuit of romance will work its way in to your life on its own.
    Ray Alone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 09:46 PM
    Thank you fredg
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    It's not uncommon to not know what to say around girls. Most of us had to learn, by experience.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.pickupguide.com/layguide/

It has some good suggestions on what to say and how to act around girls.
    I do wish you the best of luck, and when you start developing a little more confidence with saying things, it will come natural to you!
    Happy New Year.
    Thank u fredg, I will try to do these suggestion.
    I let u know the results.
    Best wishes
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2006, 02:33 AM
    Confidence!That's the whole secret to talking to girls!The only way I know how to get it is with practice,yep be yourself and talk to all of them not just the one you want to make time with.Old ones, young ones, smart ones, dumb ones,Just start by saying hello how you doing today and go from their,Make eye contact and just be a friendly dude, but don't blurt out your whole history though, save a few things for later!It may be awkward at first but keep going even if some of them tell you to get the h****l out of my face!All women are not friendly but so what,there are so many out there you just move on!Keep it light, friendly, and confident! Women love confident secure well adjusted good smellin men,its our job to give them what they want!:cool:
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Couple other great sites:

www.askmen.com - read every dating article. Great practical info.

www.sosuave.com - lots of useful info in dealing with the gals

YEP, confidence is king.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search