Texas is too big.. So is California, Arizona, Florida, NY, and Washington. In California, one senator represents about 18 MILLION people. In Wyoming, one senator represents about 250,000 people. It ain't right, I tell you.

So, according to Article IV, section 3 of the US Constitution,
New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress,
I suggest we split California and Florida into THREE states, and Arizona, Washington and NY into TWO. I don't know WHAT to do with Texas. Giving it to the Mexicans comes to mind.. But, I digress..

As you can see, from a legal standpoint, it would be easy to do. That's how West Virginia got created, and in the states I mentioned, there's a logical political divide too. Northern California tends to be a bit more liberal than it's southern counterpart. Same with Washington, Arizona and New York. There may be other states that qualify too.

This way we'd ALL be better represented. Wouldn't we?