Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Where are we now?
    OK,

I want to pose a question for discussion. We all know about the US Led Coalition that invaded Iraq to oust Saddam Hussein. Rightly or wrongly the reasons given by Bush and his lap dogs (i.e. Blair, Howard et al.) were that the people of Iraq would be better off without an evil leader such as Hussein in power and that the people deserved democracy (which now many many years later we are still struggling to achieve, and probably never will).

I know the US and the rest of the world only has finite military resources, but how on earth can our political leaders justify a war on Iraq but not on these men!

Robert Mugabe Zimbabwe: The World's Worst Dictators--2007 | PARADE Magazine

Afrikagrupperna

Omar al-Bashir Sudan: The World's Worst Dictators--2007 | PARADE Magazine

OmarAlBashir.com, Omar al-Bashir (Sudan)

What is happening in these African countries is atrocious yet there is no military action from the police of the world. In which I include every country that decided to invade Iraq.

Why not?

In my opinion it is because our nations are led by gutless and self serving individuals who as usual turn a blind eye to problems that they see as too hard. Simply, Africa and the people of Africa are not a concern to the western world and its immoral leaders.

I know it has long been the top priority to oust Hussein and whether I agree with it or not, it was they have wanted to do for a long time and have made it their top priority and goal.

But will these men be next? Do they even sit anywhere in the list of priorities for world peace and democracy? I highly doubt it.

What's your thoughts?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell

Why not?
    Because they have no resources of economic value.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Clearly!
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 10, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Most are not militants that threaten the US with destruction like we thought Saddam Hussein could with his biologcial weapons that he used againt the Kurds, none shot at our planes but Saddam did after the first Iraqi war when Saddam invaded Kuwait, none have a vast supply of oil like Saddam had, none are in the turbulent Middle East like Iraq is and none threaten the destruction of Israel like Saddam did.
    RetiredNavy Posts: 63, Reputation: 8

May 10, 2007, 06:33 PM
    You foreign policy is like most if not all other countries, protect U.S. interests only.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredNavy
    You foriegn policy is like most if not all other countries, protect U.S. interests only.
    And it makes me sick quite frankly.

Why does the 'Coalition' have no interest in Africa and ousting Dictators there? They were so brave to invade Iraq to oust Hussein.

Your answer doesn't address my original post at all!
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBondMan
    Most are not militants that threaten the US with destruction like we thought Saddam Hussein could with his biological weapons that he used againt the Kurds, none shot at our planes but Saddam did after the first Iraqi war when Saddam invaded Kuwait, none have a vast supply of oil like Saddam had, none are in the turbulent Middle East like Iraq is and none threaten the destruction of Israel like Saddam did.
    That's right. I forgot his Weapons of Mass Destruction. Have we found them yet?
    RetiredNavy Posts: 63, Reputation: 8

May 10, 2007, 06:45 PM
    I think it does, the U.S. and all the other countries cannot solve all the problems in the World. Secondly, the is a new Joint Task Force in Africa that was just stood up. CJTF-HOA Fact Sheet
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredNavy
    I think it does, the U.S. and all the other countries cannot solve all the problems in the World. Secondly, the is a new Joint Task Force in Africa that was just stood up. CJTF-HOA Fact Sheet
    No your right. They can't solve them all. Only those where the US government stands to benefit from it!

And a lot of good that task force is doing. The 1500 odd force deployed is clearly having no effect whatsoever.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Yes, the wheels of the age old war between good and evil roll slowly. I personally think that the real weapons of mass destruction in Bagdad were Hussians two sons, Ooday and Cooday. That's Frick and Frack in Persian by the way. Can you imagine being fed to a cage full of hungry tigers? Now that's just mean but then, I am mellowing in my older age.
    Africa does have quite a bit of oil as has been recently discovered so we should see one nation under Haliburton moving in to save them from themselves very soon I think. That means McDonalds and Arbys will be springing up every other block. Those Africans are skinny as hell and need some fattening up. Personally, I would love to get the condom vending contract. Do you think they would use condoms if we told them the skinny disease is sexually transmitted? Now that could be lucrative.

BTW, a very good book on the subject: Perpetual War For Perpetual Peace (How We Got To Be So Hated) by Gore Vidal
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 11, 2007, 10:27 AM
    but how on earth can our political leaders justify a war on Iraq but not on these men!
    Hello Skell:

They don't have oil.

excon
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 10:28 AM
    U.S. Central Command

COMBINED JOINT TASK FORCE-HORN OF AFRICA

Mission

The Combined Joint Task Force–Horn of Africa is a unit of United States Central Command that conducts operations and training to assist host nations to combat terrorism in order to establish a secure environment and enable regional stability. The mission is focused on detecting, disrupting and ultimately defeating transnational terrorist groups operating in the region—denying safe havens, external support and material assistance for terrorist activity. CJTF-HOA counters the re-emergence of transnational terrorism in the region through civil-military operations and support of non-governmental organization operations, enhancing the long-term stability of the region.

CJTF-HOA provides short-term assistance by providing clean water, functional schools, improved roadways and improved medical facilities. Long-term goals include working with host nations to improve national security. Regional stability is built through capacity building operations such as civil affairs and military-to-military training; engineering and humanitarian support; medical, dental and veterinarian civil action programs (MEDCAP, DENCAP, VETCAP); security training for border and coastal areas; and maritime training with host nations.

I guess Bush has heard about the oil in Africa.
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Skell:

They don't have oil.

excon
    Oil in Africa - A special report by The Boston Globe - Boston.com
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Skell:

They don't have oil.

excon
    Obviously the reason. But hardly a justifiable one is it?
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Interesting Mag. I wonder how long it will be before that 1500 person task force is increased?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 13, 2007, 05:53 PM
    South and central Africa, is still suffering from the abuses inflicted by the European, policies of colonialism. Shouldn't the European union help. Why does the US always have to "handle" everything? Most of the Western world likes to sit around and badmouth the US while enjoying the freedom and safety provided by our military and leaders.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 07:29 PM
    We are forever in your debt Matt.

Can you tell me who was responsible for the suffering that the Middle East were / are subjected to?
    Sunshine2 Posts: 70, Reputation: 11

May 14, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    South and central Africa, is still suffering from the abuses inflicted by the European, policies of colonialism. Shouldn't the European union help. Why does the US always have to "handle" everything? Most of the Western world likes to sit around and badmouth the US while enjoying the freedom and safety provided by our military and leaders.
    Very true.
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine2
    Very true.
    Can you answer my question above then please Sunshine?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 14, 2007, 04:19 PM
    We are forever in your debt Matt.

Can you tell me who was responsible for the suffering that the Middle East were / are subjected to?
    Sorry if the truth hurts. Once again most of the current problems are the direct results of damage inflicted by E-u-r-o-p-e-a-n colonialism.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search