Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2019, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    First you say Trump has caused an international recession, and then you say there are other places with record low unemployment. I think you are confused.
    No, I may know more about economics than you do, our economy is not dependent on the same factors as yours, you will soon be kow-towing to the Chinese, Trump is trying to force them to take your exports, but that won't happen if you stuff their economy
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2019, 11:11 AM
    you will soon be kow-towing to the Chinese,
    not likely their economy is losing steam very quickly . It could cost Xi his job soon. Seems the building of Potemkin cities isn't working as a plan very well anymore .
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2019, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    not likely their economy is losing steam very quickly . It could cost Xi his job soon. Seems the building of Potemkin cities isn't working as a plan very well anymore .
    Do you not know why their economy is losing steam? Because it is interrelated to yours and your tariffs are damaging their economy without benefiting your own. Your economy is losing steam too, but then not surprising, it is powered by hot air
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2019, 05:08 AM
    GDP growth by quarter since July 17. 3%, 2.8%, 2.3%, 2.2%, 4.2%, 3.4%. That hot air economy which is running out of steam sure seems to be doing pretty well. Record low unemployment as well. What is the grudge you hold against the United States? It sure affects your objectivity.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Mar 7, 2019, 12:47 AM
    "appointed by God"

America has traded the truth for a lie.

Might it have more to do with God than having to do with Trump?

God is being pushed out of Society.
    I think same Sex marriage is a big one. Now that same sex marriage is legal, this means "sex" can be taught in schools.
    Kids are being groomed for sex!

Rejection of God will sink a society into debauchery.

Uber Member

Mar 7, 2019, 03:46 AM
    Rejection of God will sink a society into debauchery
    Absolutely true. Romans 1.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2019, 04:03 AM
    What is the grudge you hold against the United States? It sure affects your objectivity.
    Any american I have met has treated me like scum and inferior in my own country. I have seen you try to change our laws to your advantage and our disadvantage. There are people here who think the sun shines out of your backside but I don't. My brother in law was a CIA stooge during the R and R

Mar 7, 2019, 06:18 AM
    On behalf of America, sorry, we'll try to be nicer.
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2019, 12:01 PM
    It's true that there are many arrogant people in the U.S. However, there seems to be a generally high regard for Australia.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2019, 02:07 PM
    That may be so but I have no way to measure it. Your leadership has show little regard and it took two years to appoint an ambassador and the policies of Trump are hurting our trade with China. I think we are a convenience to you

Mar 7, 2019, 05:21 PM
    What is it you want? How do you think we feel???

It's been a long time coming.

Somebody has to fix Chinas "longtime abuse of the broken international system and unfair practice".
    Presidents George H. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama all failed to salve this problem.

The United States, one of the world's most significant economic markets. The country is among the top three global importers and exporters...No worries Hilar-- uh err Trump will handle it.

The Aussies are most favored by Trump...its a fact.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2019, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    What is it you want? How do you think we feel???

It's been a long time coming.

Somebody has to fix Chinas "longtime abuse of the broken international system and unfair practice".
    Presidents George H. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama all failed to salve this problem.

The United States, one of the world's most significant economic markets. The country is among the top three global importers and exporters...No worries Hilar-- uh err Trump will handle it.

The Aussies are most favored by Trump...its a fact.
    Maybe he realised his shotgun policies had unintended consequences, maybe not. But if we are allies our interests must be protected too otherwise no gunboat diplomacy on your behalf. As far as being friends is concerned he wanted to back out of an Obama deal on refugees as quick as he could and didn't have a clue who our Prime Minister was when meeting him at a conference and it took two years to appoint an ambassador which is an insult if we are "most favoured". Trump is damaging your markets too, it just takes a little longer for the damage to show up. This is where your systems of political lobbying can do a lot of damage because it is too focused on local issues without looking at the bigger picture.

The measures Trump has put in place hasn't solved the imbalance, your people still want cheap Chinese manufactures in preference to your expensive local product. You can't have it both ways, low wages and expensive industries. Why do you think industries set up in China in the first place? Now Trump would recreate the same situation in NK.

Mar 7, 2019, 07:22 PM
    You are not the Target, don't make it personal.

I don't nessesarily agree with Trumps strategy, but China Keeps squeezing tech secrets from U.S. companies; Allowing such behavior to continue unchecked will imperil America’s current position as a leader in technology and the world’s most innovative economy.

But as goes the famous adage, ‘America sneezes and the world catches a cold’, the rippling effects of any macroeconomic decisions taken are felt by rest of the world.

AS The Monty Python Boys say “always look on the bright side of life”. Despite the shock, the world keeps on spinning.

Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2019, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    You are not the Target, don't make it personal.

I don't nessesarily agree with Trumps strategy, but China Keeps squeezing tech secrets from U.S. companies; Allowing such behavior to continue unchecked will imperil America’s current position as a leader in technology and the world’s most innovative economy.

But as goes the famous adage, ‘America sneezes and the world catches a cold’, the rippling effects of any macroeconomic decisions taken are felt by rest of the world.

AS The Monty Python Boys say “always look on the bright side of life”. Despite the shock, the world keeps on spinning.

Collateral damage isn't acceptable.

Who is the fool here, China for demanding a piece of the action, or US companies for giving in. Yes, China aggressively pursued technology acquisition, and the US is right to push back against that, but don't think your companies weren't exploiting their people. What is really being complained about is the lack of technology royalties. The US has been fine with sharing technology for royalties for a long time. The reality is that anything can be reverse engineered and in a nation that doesn't respect copyright, it is fair game.

For a long time my country suffered ‘America sneezes and the world catches a cold’ but as our manufacturing industries declined we adapted so that we weren't as reliant on the US cycles and so when you sneeze we say bless you and move on
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2019, 03:04 PM
    The President's trade policies are folly . When he realizes this and ends silly tariffs then the economy will likely recover like was predicted when his otherwise sensible tax and regulatory polices were enacted .
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2019, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The President's trade policies are folly . When he realizes this and ends silly tariffs then the economy will likely recover like was predicted when his otherwise sensible tax and regulatory polices were enacted .
    Indeed, those policies are what is holding the economy up. It is difficult to realise that you aren't dominant, that someone else has the reins, so do what you do well and find a way and leave others to do what they do well
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2019, 08:23 PM
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2019, 02:59 AM
    If it were only so
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2019, 05:10 AM
    So far as the economy is concerned, it is true. Give the man some credit. My biggest complaint is we continue to spend money with no restraint and deficits continue to grow. Really stupid.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2019, 05:53 AM
    Yes it is stupid, but no one is willing to do what has to be done, because you would have instant recession and maybe even worse. You are so used to sucking on the deficit teat that you can't get off. You would need budget surplus of a billion a year to have any chance of reversing the trend so that probably means spending cuts and taxation so massive it would devastate the economy. Look we have been through it on a smaller scale and it has taken us ten years to get back to a tiny surplus and it has done a lot of damage to government, leadership coups and years of government that is lame duck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court appointed cal trans [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find locations for court appointed caltrans?

Why be bonded to be appointed executor of an estate [ 4 Answers ]

My mother died with no will.she wanted my nephew to have her home.I was told by county clerk that I had to be bonded to be appointed executor of her estate.what would this mean legally.we I only be bonded for matters pretaining to mothers home? /

Court Appointed Attorney [ 1 Answers ]

How would I be able to change my court appointed attorney? I live in the state of Florida, he just doesn't show up for court.

Unbiased Appointed Attorney? [ 12 Answers ]

Okay - I know I have been posting here a lot. One might think I'm really dumb (I hope not) but I AM very naïve and ignorant about how this system works. My ex husband "accidentally" filed an ex parte motion to change parenting time. I say "accidentally" because this is how it's been presented...

Right to have attorney appointed [ 2 Answers ]

In virginia is it true that you are to receive council appointed by the court within 72hrs?

View more questions Search