Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2018, 11:49 AM
    Picture Of The Year
    The blond bogeyman - every child's nightmare.

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2018, 03:26 PM
    Beauty and the Beast
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2018, 07:15 PM

What's up with the cheap jacket?
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2018, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

What's

(deleted by me)
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2018, 09:42 PM
    Does anyone really care or is it all politics, it looks like propaganda
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2018, 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Does anyone really care or is it all politics, it looks like propaganda

Millions of people worldwide are repelled by Trump's callous treatment of children, probably leading to lifelong difficulties according to expert pediatricians. He is using these children for nothing more than political advantage.

The mistreatment has been verified by videos, audios, and hundreds of on-site witnesses. The truth is not propaganda!

Apparently, only you and a smattering of the uncaring right-wing think it's made up. Even some of the State News (FOX) is joining in the worldwide condemnation.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2018, 02:45 AM

What's up with the cheap jacket?

I initially deleted my reply because I couldn't believe Mrs. Trump would do anything so indecent as the FLOTUS quote implies. Now that I've read a number of articles about the jacket, I'm confused.

She has previously made a statement with her choice of dress. Her husband claims she is commenting on the "fake news". Well, we can all dismiss that out of hand - her husband has a marked propensity to make stuff up to satisfy whatever he is thinking at the moment.

Furthermore, Mrs. Trump is not one to casually select the clothing she will wear in public. She is sending a message, but what message?

It turns out that her actual televised visit was something in the nature of propaganda since it took place at a teenage facility where, we were assured, all the detainees are happy in this place they call "home". "Home". That was the actual word used by the guard.

Not a word about the issue at hand - the treatment and whereabouts of the 2,000+ babies and toddlers.

Plus the news about the government moving the disappeared children to military bases. Other detention locations being managed by for-profit organizations where the money has top priority resulting in bad food among other not-so-good treatment.

This last piece of information said the for-profit management began with the Bush administration and continued all through the Obama administration - and into today's administration. This just gets worse and worse.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2018, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post

Apparently, only you and a smattering of the uncaring right-wing think it's made up. Even some of the State News (FOX) is joining in the worldwide condemnation.
    What I think is made up is the angst over this, separating children from their parents is not a great idea, however locking up illegal immigrants is. What has been wrong with your program is you have allowed these people into the community thereby sending a message, which basically says, come anyway, you will just get a slap on the wrist, and you also set up sanctuaries, also sending the same message and you wonder why you have a problem which is going to take some hard decisions to fix. If you really wanted it fixed there would be a bipartisan solution worked out, but you would rather ply political football and stuff the people caught in the middle
    Expert

Jun 22, 2018, 06:18 AM
    You lock up criminals, not make criminals out of victims of failed governments. That's the flaw in YOUR thinking. You confuse INVADERS with REFUGEES.

Do I have to start schooling you on what YOUR bibles says is the right thing to do? You are right about the angst though that has been TRUMPED up way out of proportion for consumption by the easily influenced few in the right wing who like you, are scared sh!tless of other people.

The rest of us are outraged by this show of callous disregard for desperate humans with no place to turn.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2018, 06:52 AM
    I'm not scared of other people, but I want them to respect our laws when they come here. What you have is a few refugees and many, many, economic migrants. To escape their refugee problem all they have to do is walk over the border, but the Mexicans who cross the border are not refugees, this is where you are confused between the victims of wars and those who want what you have.

I don't show callous disregard, many refugees are welcomed in my country every year as are migrants, but there is a process because there are among them war criminals, liars and the criminal class and we do not have be ability to resettle millions.

As to the Bible it says look after the foreigner amongst you, not import them from other places, so we do this. You have heard of giving alms, haven't you, this we do too, helping people in other places, so don't quote a book you don't believe in to me. The duty of the Christian is to preach the gospel as well as helping the sick and infirm and so on. I don't see where you have to welcome invaders and those with no respect for your laws
    Expert

Jun 22, 2018, 09:44 AM
    You are sorely misinformed. We have many refugees and fewer and fewer economic migrants. Fact is there are families on both sides and a vast number of Americans and Mexicans who work on the other side of our border. I don't know how you or anyone else can get things so conflated and out of proportion, but the notion of millions is absurd, and maybe it would help if you would explore the facts of the central American triangle and not just rely on those with bigoted and racists ideas and agendas. I mean no ones is importing foreigners, assuming you mean don't LEGAL immigrants, but to assume 3rd world poor people escaping death and slavery have a sophisticated knowledge of your or my laws, let alone the mastery of language is just as absurd.

They may not have had the TIME or means to prepare to be good citizens while they run for their lives, so why do you hold that against them? I suppose it's easier to judge the actions of another when they cannot toe the line of your expectations, especially after a long hard arduous trip which the Dufus describes as a walk in the park. By sea or land its still a life threatening risk and many have died trying to make it.

I don't know how those FACTS can be dismissed by you hardline immigration supporters. Unless the only thing that matters are your own feelings on the matter and facts be damned.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2018, 03:47 PM
    Tal my reference to millions in the context of the numbers of displaced people in the world and also in regard to the numbers of illegal immigrants reported over there. I don't think people are unaware of basic laws which require that you require a visa and identification to enter. I doubt anyone embarks on a journey without some facts even those gleaned from talking to friends. There are many people who have money to pay people smugglers and these people have every intention of breaking what ever laws might exist so they place themselves in danger. I don't know how you can lightly dismiss these facts and want to open your doors and take responsibility for them
    Expert

Jun 22, 2018, 05:24 PM
    Fact. The US economy is dynamic enough to accommodate the immigrants. Another FACT is that we actually NEED MORE.

Legality is a matter of whose making the law, and WHY and a shameful FACT is we are notorious for making discriminatory and unfair laws here since our inception. Our entire history since founding has marginalized one group or another which makes a joke of the very Constitution to which we swear an oath too.

In truth those words were written to guide us to perfection, NOT declare we are perfect. The words IN ORDER TO FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION is a GOAL, a path, that fully recognizes a long hard journey, and many disagree and the debate rages on loud and raucous even if the blood and guts has ended for the most part (:I). I'm not bragging when I say we have surpassed many older nations on our way to higher potential, so don't hold your breath waiting for yet another "empire" to fail, or The Mad King Dufus will not got by truth and JUSTICE.

***Nasty personal attacks DELETED as totally unnecessary****

I actually like the term you used "displaced people". Much more accurate and human than ILLEGALS.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2018, 07:38 PM
    Fact. The US economy is dynamic enough to accommodate the immigrants. Another FACT is that we actually NEED MORE.

.............skip.................

In truth those words were written to guide us to perfection, NOT declare we are perfect. The words IN ORDER TO FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION is a GOAL, a path, that fully recognizes a long hard journey...
    Two very good points, especially the second one, which should be read and understood by all strict constructionists.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2018, 07:39 PM

Legality is a matter of whose making the law, and WHY and a shameful FACT is we are notorious for making discriminatory and unfair laws here since our inception. Our entire history since founding has marginalized one group or another which makes a joke of the very Constitution to which we swear an oath too.

In truth those words were written to guide us to perfection, NOT declare we are perfect. The words IN ORDER TO FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION is a GOAL, a path, that fully recognizes a long hard journey, and many disagree and the debate rages on loud and raucous even if the blood and guts has ended for the most part (:I). I'm not bragging when I say we have surpassed many older nations on our way to higher potential, so don't hold your breath waiting for yet another "empire" to fail, or The Mad King Dufus will not got by truth and JUSTICE.

***Nasty personal attacks DELETED as totally unnecessary****

I actually like the term you used "displaced people". Much more accurate and human than ILLEGALS.
    I'm glad for you that your economy is so buoyant it can take on all comers, it makes no sense that your government speaks of rejecting 'immigrants" who don't have the right paperwork and so I wonder why there is debate. I sense that things are not as transparent as you claim and that all you are really doing is adding to the poor and destitute within your borders. This is aspirational for some, no doubt, I wonder what the people in the rust belt think, do they have employment for these new comers?

Go Ahead, give California and Texas back to the Mexicans, and what will happen is those people will want to move somewhere else, bitten by the restless bug, no doubt. Have they started building favillas in Texas? They will get to it, perhaps this is what the government wants to avoid

I think you would sing a different tune if those you want to welcome were Muslims with no intention of assimilating your culture
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2018, 07:48 PM
    I think you would sing a different tune if those you want to welcome were Muslims with no intention of assimilating your culture.
    I've never met a Muslim who didn't blend into our culture. And each adds so much!
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2018, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I've never met a Muslim who didn't blend into our culture. And each adds so much!
    Well good for you, ask the people of Dearborn what they think, Oh you can't they are all Muslim
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2018, 08:03 PM
    Sharia is for their own community.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n_4179045.html.

Also -

But for the last half-decade, Dearborn has been the unwilling darling of the extreme right, a bogeyman invoked to perpetuate the ersatz notion that sharia law, a system of justice derived from the Koran, has gained a foothold on American soil.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/dearbo...s-areamericans
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2018, 08:09 PM
    Hard to know which piece of fake news to believe isn't it
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2018, 08:28 PM
    Guess we'd have to visit and check it out for ourselves. I tend to believe the preponderance of info that says Sharia isn't a big deal there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find a picture of a picture of a r40403-003 circuit board with the wires [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing the circuit board on my Armstrong SX Ultra 80 and I am looking for a picture of the R40403-003 circuit board with wires connected to it so I can wire it correctly where can I find such a picture

Possibly a 20-year-old foreign drama/romance picture [ 0 Answers ]

A man is trying to hook up his wife with a woman and she simply is not interested. This woman then lends the wife a dress for some party and when the wife returns the dress, they end up smoking a joint and ultimately in bed together. I think the husband is a famous foreign actor and the movie is...

Two year old Toshiba TV with no picture! [ 1 Answers ]

We purchased a Toshiba LCD TV two years ago, quite expensive. We now find that we have no picture but we do have sound. We've tried everything, including unplugging and replugging all leads etc. The sky is working OK so I don't think that's the problem. Toshiba have been no help and an engineer...

View more questions Search