Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Our Hearts Go Out To You
    I just wanted to express how my heart aches for the staff, students and community of Virginia Tech. The recent events were horrific and unimaginable. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Indeed so tragic. I sure hope this does not bring the bigots out of the woodwork. I was impressed to learn that the S.Korean President had memorial activities in his country for the students.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 18, 2007, 06:42 AM
    I'd be more impressed if the North Korean president had held a memorial.

But frankly, the major emotion I feel is ANGER. From everything I've read, this was a TOTALLY preventable incident. Instructors and fellow students had recognized the potential for violence in the shooter. Yet he was able to just walk into a store and walk out with a gun! TWICE! And the response of the anti-gun control idiots was to say the problem was too few guns.

And before anyone jumps over me, I am not anti gun ownership. But there needs to be reasonable (and Virginia's lax laws are NOT reasonable) controls put on who can obtain one. Flags should have been raised when a college kid applied to buy 2 hand guns in consecutive months.

Lets hope this finally spurs Virginia and other states to enact reasonable gun control laws.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I'd be more impressed if the North Korean president had held a memorial.

But frankly, the major emotion I feel is ANGER. From everything I've read, this was a TOTALLY preventable incident. Instructors and fellow students had recognized the potential for violence in the shooter. Yet he was able to just walk into a store and walk out with a gun! TWICE! And the response of the anti-gun control idiots was to say the problem was too few guns.

And before anyone jumps over me, I am not anti gun ownership. But there needs to be reasonable (and Virginia's lax laws are NOT reasonable) controls put on who can obtain one. Flags should have been raised when a college kid applied to buy 2 hand guns in consecutive months.

Lets hope this finally spurs Virginia and other states to enact reasonable gun control laws.
    I agree Scott. I am not anti gun ownership either, but I do feel that there needs to be more controls placed on who can own guns, how they are bought, and what they are used for.

Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuscany
    I just wanted to express how my heart aches for the staff, students and community of Virginia Tech. The recent events were horrific and unimaginable. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Heart is heavy, with yours Tuscany. May peace somehow find its way to all of those tragically touched by this.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 11:05 AM
    I think we should suspend our political views for the moment and just say our prayers are with the victims of this horrible and sensless act. Mine are.
    MilitaryMan19D30 Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Apr 18, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Thoughts about the Virginia Tech Shooting
    You can't stop random violence.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Well said Tuscany! Sad day not only for the US but everyone around the world too!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 11:16 PM
    I went to school with a guy that did the same thing. He just snapped one day and killed 5 people in Spokane Washington, one of whom was a 4 year old girl, before being shot and killed himself. Much like Cho he was a loner, talked and mumbled to himself, was an outcast, and was sent to a doctor at least once that I'm aware of, and was picked on A LOT. To this day, I am so grateful I was not of the people that picked on him.

After his incident happened it made national news but was forgotten about with in a few days, probably because it happened on a military base not at a university. As strange as this sounds I am "fascinated" (I know that's a poor choice of words) by what is happening in their brains as they begin to formulate these ideas.

The reality is they've probably carried around the ideas for years, fantasizing and playing the events over and over in there brains to the people that emotionally tortured them. Unfortunately, innocent people who had nothing to do with paid the ultimate price for something they had nothing to do with.

The human brain is an incredible machine but it can also be it's own worst enemy and turn the body on it's self. I've been wondering for the last few days if his brain was diseased or if his actions were a result of years of abuse by others. Perhaps it was both but it's amazing to think that that 3 lbs of matter between your ears is capable of dreaming and building skyscrapers, planes, and computers is also capable of causing such massive pain and destruction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kingdom Hearts 2 [ 6 Answers ]

What song is in the main menu? When you choose new game or load game. :confused:

High sweet hearts [ 2 Answers ]

Please somebody help me It's looooong story. We dated in hs after the summer he graduated in 85 we never saw each other again. I loved him so much. He has been the only the good guy I my life. Well after 22 yrs he finds me and tells me that he has been thinking about me and looking for without...

Prayer to help those broken hearts [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I found this great prayer that I have not heard in a while but it is quite a well know one and I thought perhaps it could provide comfort to those who are going through emotional suffering due to a breakup of a relationship. 'God give me the grace to change what I can change To...

Two Hearts [ 1 Answers ]

I was looking for a song ''I can see me being with you for the rest of my life... '' It is by Zona Jones "Two Hearts" Thanks.

A melding of minds and hearts [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am in love with a man who claims that the highest expression of love is a sort of spiritual meshing. Hmmm... how do I explain that better? My boyfriend is very much into spirituality. He has told me that in the past that he was able to leave his body and meld with two of his past...

View more questions Search