Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2018, 08:08 AM
    Okay I'll bite. Why do you admire a life long international criminal who bribes bankers and commits fraud to secure money, and is in deep hock to Russian oligarchs? Bet you admired Capone and Bugsy too.
    as of right now there are only allegations . Tell me why he would risk years in jail if he thought he had done anything criminal .Mueller has bullied him as much as anyone . They used agents with guns drawn to bust into his house in the dead of night while he and his wife were sleeping . That is how you treat a drug bust when you are targeting MS13 .

There is no secret about the game Mueller is playing .It is the same gestapo tactics he used on Dr Steven Hatfill. They persecuted him for 10 years .Their agents ran over his foot . That he was completely innocent was no concern. They spent millions of dollars and wasted
    “hundreds of thousands of investigator hours "on the case.(his words ). Even though all the letters spoke jihadist language about the US . They instead targeted a patriot . (yes I speak with knowledge having known Dr Hatfill for a brief time in college ).He left school to join the Army and worked at the
    United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases .Where he dedicated himself to protecting Americans from bio-terrorist threats . He never handled Anthrax in his duties . He was harassed ,investigated to death . The justice Dept publicly pointed the finger of accuse in his direction without ever coming close to charging him .

Ironically at this time Mueller was threating to resign because of President Bush's NSA policies (oh the irony ) while at the same time trampled all over Hatfill's rights . Hatfill ultimately sued the government and was awarded $6milion . Add that to the cost of the investigation I guess.

But that was not all . Not satisfied that he had not found a domestic terrorist ;Mueller shifted his sights on
    Bruce Ivins, another Army researcher who had actually volunteered to help the FBI investigate this case, and had been doing so for years.
    Prosecutors falsely stated Ivins purposefully gave a misleading sample of anthrax spore. It was a lie and they tried to hang him on this circumstantial evidence . How did they know it was him ? Well he was familiar with the area where the anthrax had been mailed .
    Ivins was never indicted, just given the Hatfill treatment. His house was raided, and he was threatened with a death sentence.One of Mueller's stooges ,
    U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Taylor said Ivins was guilty “beyond a reasonable doubt,” and they were “confident that Dr. Ivins was the only person responsible for these attacks.”
    Mueller ordered an independent audit of the FBI’s case by the National Academy of Science, then formally closed the case in 2010, sticking with the conclusion that Ivins, and Ivins alone, committed the terror attack. One year later the NAS released their results and confirmed what many scientists had been repeating for years: the FBI's science and conclusions were wrong .

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...investigation/

Ivins ? ....well he ended up committing suicide from the pressure . So he'll forever be the accused anthrax attacker .

Mueller very early on came to the conclusion that there was no way AQ was involved and spent no time investigating that possibility . He said there was no direct link . Instead he targeted 2 patriotic Americans and hounded them for a decade even though there was no direct link to the attack for either .A former agent sued the FBI saying evidence that was favorable to Ivins was suppressed .
    For his efforts Mueller had the 2nd longest tenure as FBI chief .

As for Dr Hatfill ;
    Much of Hatfill’s time these days is devoted to teaching life-saving medical techniques to military personnel bound for combat. They are his “band of brothers,” and the hours he spends with them, Hatfill says, are among his happiest. He also serves as an adjunct associate professor of emergency medicine at George Washington University. Then there is his boat. Hatfill has committed $1.5 million to building his floating genetic laboratory, a futuristic-looking vessel replete with a helicopter, an operating room to treat rural indigenous peoples, and a Cordon Bleu–trained chef. Hatfill intends to assemble a scientific team and cruise the Amazon for undiscovered or little-known plants and animals. From these organisms, he hopes to develop new medications for leukemia, and for tuberculosis and other diseases that have been growing increasingly resistant to existing antibiotics. Any useful treatments, he says, will be licensed to pharmaceutical companies on the condition that developing nations receive them at cost. Hatfill hopes to christen the boat within two years. Scientists at USAMRIID, where the FBI once suspected him of stealing anthrax, have expressed tentative interest in helping him mount his expedition. https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ng-man/308019/
    He started (ABSOG) Asymmetric Biodiversity Studies and Observation Group, a not-for-profit trust to support his pharmaceutical mission.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 24, 2018, 10:20 AM
    Interesting background Tom, but I am not ready to declare Mueller incompetent, or The Dufus's hired sycophants squeaky clean yet. Regardless Manafort and anybody else will have their day in court. You have to excuse me for being dubious of this crowd, not that I am a fan of the FBI, or law enforcement, I've seen many miscarriages of justice in my time, but repubs elected The Dufus, and the Dufus hired all the actors in this scenario, so if his own peeps stick it to him then that would be justice.

If a few white collar types get stressed, then too bad. I can hold my water until the investigation is over, and somebody explains how the pieces fit. I just don't believe the people around this president can be dirty as sin and he is not. Nor that their crimes should be ignored or forgiven if in fact they are guilty. Just please don't tell me rich guys can do no wrong. Or the FBI, or cops in general are always right. Neither would be true, but we will surely see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeah know what. I just want to know this [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible... for guys to actually genuinly be in love with a girl. Because I'm starting to just not believe in love anymore.

Here's one for yeah. [ 12 Answers ]

Ok, I'll keep this as short as possible. I dated this girl in high school for a very short time. Probably about a month. I really liked her. She was beautiful and really sweet. Hottest girl I ever dated. I may have even been the first guy she kissed... but not sure. The problem with her...

How do yeah [ 5 Answers ]

How do you make a dish washer into a snow plow? BUY YOUR WIFE A SHOVEL

View more questions Search