Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2017, 06:14 PM
    Ow! That hurts
    Through some bizzaire twist of logic the NK regime has now turned its rhetoric on Australia, a nation that they can only dream of attacking, as they dream of attacking the US. Apparently we are suicidal for siding with the US in wanting a safer world, one in which the NK do not possess nuclear weapons for self-defence. The twist is that they have turned their attention to a nation who has demonstrated that you don't need nuclear weapons to have peace in your region or to deal with trumped up little dictators.

Kim Jong Un, the time will come when you might wish you had an advocate like Australia because now you have an enemy, just one more added to a long list of those who are lined up against you. For over 100 years we have stood up to the bullies of this world, stood beside other similiarly minded nations, and we are not cowered by the blusterings of a trumped up little dictator

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/no...5c12bdc19bc227
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2017, 01:08 AM

1. The twist is that they have turned their attention to a nation who has demonstrated that you don't need nuclear weapons to have peace in your region or to deal with trumped up little dictators.
    Sure ,as long as you live under the US umbrella .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2017, 05:01 AM
    Poor NK, led by a paranoid idiot. Small person wanting to be big and accepted instead of taking care of his own people.

What a maroon. Kim is the problem, not the poor population.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2017, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Sure ,as long as you live under the US umbrella .
    You have forgotten Tom the Chinese offered us theirs, they have yet to do this for Dump

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

What a moron. Kim is the problem, not the poor population.
    Well of course leadership is always the problem and leadership is always the answer, but while you are in the mood what is your solution?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2017, 06:40 AM
    There is no quick fix to this problem, only contain and minimize, and be fully prepared to act aggressively when they get out of there box. Till then whatever can be done to undermine their ability to survive is on the table. Maybe Fat boy will croak.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2017, 09:47 AM
    1. You have forgotten Tom the Chinese offered us theirs, they have yet to do this for Dump
    I did not forget . But I have a good idea why the great armada sailed to Aussie 1st .If the Vinson strike group had travelled direct to the Korean peninsula it would've passed by Spratley and Paracel islands . China may have felt compelled to interdict . By going to Aussie first ;the carrier group can sail to Korea without passing through the South China Sea.

I think that in Mara Largo ,herr Donald and Xi came to an agreement that we will not pose a direct threat to them. My concern is that Xi may have inadvertently signaled to Trump that they don't have a concern with the US being more aggressive with the NORKS.(like when US Ambassador April Glaspie met with Saddam Hussein in 1990 and signaled that the US takes no position on the border issues raised by Iraq with respect to Kuwait.) We don't know that yet ,but I have heard a credible rumor that something similar happened at the Trump/Xi dinner .
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2017, 04:00 PM
    While Dump has talked up being more aggressive to NK the issue of the South China Sea seems to have gone away, probably bargained away in exchange for Chinese help to corral Kim.

The carrier group was scheduled to join Australia in naval exercises but didn't stay to visit ports, so to avoid the South China Sea it has to sail to the east of the Philippines. Kim was not impressed that such exercises should take place as they are a prelude to similar activities closer to home, he has now decided that he will sink the carrier, all I can say is good luck with that, it will be very costly

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-2...arrier/8465776
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2017, 04:21 PM
    un Kim doesn't have the capability to sink a capital ship of the USN. The Vinson is screened by air ,ships carrying Aegis systems ,and the best submarines on the planet . The Chinese might be able to do the job if their Dong-Feng 21 is all it's advertised to be .
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2017, 11:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    un Kim doesn't have the capability to sink a capital ship of the USN. The Vinson is screened by air , ships carrying Aegis systems ,and the best submarines on the planet . The Chinese might be able to do the job if their Dong-Feng 21 is all it's advertised to be .

The NK have many submarines of unknown capability, he may want to test them in wolf pack style, he also has missiles he may want to test to find US antimissile capability. Kim works on the assumption quantity makes up for gaps and so thinks he can overwelm at sea as well as on land or he may go for an airburst

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen, red knee. No visible injury but hurts a lot. Hurts more when I walk. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I skateboard and weeks back, while going downhill, I sped up a little too much and so I fell on the road. I had normal skateboard injuries, nothing that I had not seen before and now it is all fine. However, after University today, I felt that my knee was hurting a lot even when only the cloth...

Sore throat and itchy ears and it hurts really hurts been having a cough and mucus [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sore throat and been having itchy ears and I'm starting to get mucus and my throat feels swollen, what can I do I have amoxcillin.. will it help me out with my sickness? And I sneeze a lot. Its been going on for two days.

Sore throat and itchy ears and it hurts really hurts been having a cough and mucus [ 4 Answers ]

It started with just a sore throat and the next day it was again sore but now it started to hurt when I swallow, now my ears have been itching and so does my throat and there is pain. On my right ear I really can't hear and my throat is really red and I feel it swollen like if its going to close,...

Hurts to not be with him and hurts to be with him. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 46 year old mother of 2 wonderful teenagers. Last August, I connected with an amazing man on a dating site. From the very first email, and I cannot explain why, I felt a connection. He gave me his number and when we spoke, it felt like we had known each other forever. Then we met for...

Hurts when he puts it in, fine during, hurts when he cums in me. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what it is. I went for a pap and I had a bacterial infection and I started taking this medication and afterwards, sex just isn't the same. I mean its so painful. Ive been with this guy for more than a year and we never used a condom but I don't think that has anything to do wit my...

View more questions Search