Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2017, 05:43 PM
    TRUMPSPEAK - In case anyone was still unsure.
    From the horse's mouth this day - "ANY NEGATIVE POLLS ARE FAKE NEWS". Get it? It doesn't matter what the words say, Trump has declared a war on polls that he doesn't like - even when they are obviously the truth. Goldilocks has plumbed new depths with this egomaniacal declaration. As each day passes, he descends deeper and deeper into the morass of his own befuddled mind. Sad.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 6, 2017, 05:48 PM
    And terrorist attacks are happening but are not being reported, like the Bowling Green Massacre (that never happened). Yet Sandy Hook was fake news.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2017, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    From the horse's mouth this day - "ANY NEGATIVE POLLS ARE FAKE NEWS". Get it? It doesn't matter what the words say, Trump has declared a war on polls that he doesn't like - even when they are obviously the truth. Goldilocks has plumbed new depths with this egomaniacal declaration. As each day passes, he descends deeper and deeper into the morass of his own befuddled mind. Sad.
    Why is the media obcessed with Dump? They encourage him by hanging on every word, if they would stop reporting him he might go away
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 6, 2017, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    if they would stop reporting him he might go away
    Too late for that. At least the media are watching, making their readers watch -- and take notice.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2017, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And terrorist attacks are happening but are not being reported, like the Bowling Green Massacre (that never happened). Yet Sandy Hooks was fake news.
    The WH released a fairly long list of incidents (some are questionable at being terrorist acts). The list included 11 incidents on US soil. Of those 11 the list idenified the attacker in 9 of them as "US Person(s)". The other 2 were identified with Middle East names, but those were also legal US residents. So the WH's own list proves that we are in greater danger from home grown terrorists than from foreign nationals.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2017, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The WH released a fairly long list of incidents (some are questionable at being terrorist acts). The list included 11 incidents on US soil. Of those 11 the list idenified the attacker in 9 of them as "US Person(s)". The other 2 were identified with Middle East names, but those were also legal US residents. So the WH's own list proves that we are in greater danger from home grown terrorists than from foreign nationals.
    I have said for a long time that muslims represent a fifth column among western nations, OK, we know not all terrorists are Muslim, however this doesn't minimise the risk from home grown jihadists who are locally radicallised in those institutions masquarading as houses of worship or religious instruction. Make no mistake this jihadist threat originated in the philosophies esposed by Saudi Arabia and yet they are not excluded from travel
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2017, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Too late for that. At least the media are watching, making their readers watch -- and take notice.
    The media are almost without exception blowhards that are upset the population have gotten wise to their propaganda and most people no longer rightfully believe what hey harp on incessantly.

And only the most gullible people listen to them and still believe them.

Feb 7, 2017, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I have said for a long time that muslims represent a fifth column among western nations, OK, we know not all terrorists are Muslim, however this doesn't minimise the risk from home grown jihadists who are locally radicallised in those institutions masquarading as houses of worship or religious instruction. Make no mistake this jihadist threat originated in the philosophies esposed by Saudi Arabia and yet they are not excluded from travel
    I don't disagree with the above. My point is that DHS and the FBI seem to have done a good job of protecting the US. So Trump is just fear mongering to serve his own purpose.
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2017, 06:27 AM
    Typical leftists...

Obama starts wars in several countries and INCREASES the chances of terroriust attacks... (silence from the left) Trump comes in determined to protect us from those threats and the left starts screaming bloody murder.

We haven't forgotten Clinton refused to take custody of OBL when he had the chance, and that lead to 9/11 which the left blamed on Bush...

And again, the left insists we do nothing to protect ourselves.. and they will be the first to start screaming when something happens.

DHS and FBI did wonders stopping the Boston bombers I see. Or the Orlando shooter, etc....

Feb 7, 2017, 06:36 AM
    Name me one war that Obama started?

How has Trump protected us from these threats? Fact, no American has died from an attack by a foreign national since 9/11! Trump has INCREASED the possibility of radicalizing legal American residents with his ban. And has done nothing to protect us from these people! Your reference to Boston and Orlando just prove my point.

And where do you get the idea that "the left insists we do nothing to protect ourselves". That's ridiculous. The left just demands that it be done within the framework of the Constitution.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2017, 07:12 AM
    Hello a:

The man has lost his tether on reality..

In just the last 72 hours alone, Trump has defended Vladimir Putin’s lengthy roster of political assassinations by telling Fox News audiences that America is responsible for similar deaths. He has attacked James Robart, the “so-called” federal judge appointed by George W. Bush who ruled against the president’s Muslim ban (or is it?), preemptively blaming Robart for any future terrorist attacks. He has threatened to somehow defund” California — the entire state! — without explaining what that might mean. He has insisted that any polling data indicating that he’s unpopular is clearly fake news. And as we recently learned, Trump signed an executive order placing Steve Bannon on the National Security Council without actually reading the order first.

He must be removed.

excon
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2017, 09:31 AM
    Something of importance in understanding where your "news" ( and news is used very loosely) comes from:

Since the people getting their panties in the biggest knots get 100% of their information from people with a vested interest in deceiving you, your news is far from independent....or objective.

These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America - Business Insider
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2017, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    your news is far from independent....or objective
    Hello again, smoothy:

It's true.. YOU, and ONLY YOU, are the keeper of the truth..

Bwa, ha ha ha ha..

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2017, 10:41 AM
    And terrorist attacks are happening but are not being reported, like the Bowling Green Massacre (that never happened). Yet Sandy Hook was fake news.
    It is hillarious . In their glee at discovering that Kellyanne Conway called the incident a 'massacre ' ,the legacy media was forced to tell what actually happened .An undercover FBI operation exposed Al Qaeda terrorists(connected to a group that had killed American troops in Iraq) posing as refugees .Laxed background checks were to blame. The FBI operation videotaped them trying to get weapons to kill more Americans .

This forced the emperor to act by TEMPORARILY putting a ban on refugee admittance from a Muslim country (Iraq) . The outrage over the emperor's executive order was like crickets chirping .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 7, 2017, 11:10 AM
    Obama ordered a review and a visa lowdown, not a ban after he found a problem and fixed it. Why would there be outrage? Has Trump found a problem? He sure hasn't articulated one except his promised Muslim ban.

Did President Obama Ban Muslims from Entering the United States in 2011? : snopes.com

4. Orderly, organized process: The Obama administration’s review was conducted over roughly a dozen deputies and principals committee meetings, involving Cabinet and deputy Cabinet-level officials from all of the relevant departments and agencies — including the State, Homeland Security and Justice Departments — and the intelligence community. The Trump executive order was reportedly drafted by White House political officials and then presented to the implementing agencies a fait accompli[.]
    Gen Kelly just admitted it was all his fault for the clumsy way this was handled without any intelligence or consultation of key experts. Good soldier but we all know what the EO was really all about.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2017, 11:42 AM
    In just the last 72 hours alone, Trump has defended Vladimir Putin’s lengthy roster of political assassinations by telling Fox News audiences that [. He has attacked James Robart, the federal judge appointed by George W. Bush who ruled against the president’s Muslim ban (or is it?), preemptively for any future terrorist attacks.

"Trump has defended Vladimir Putin’s lengthy roster of political assassinations by telling Fox News audiences that

Outrageous leftist moral equivalency .

"He has attacked James Robart, the ” federal judge appointed by George W. Bush who ruled against the president’s Muslim ban (or is it?), preemptively for any future terrorist attacks. "

Right or wrong the judge is playing his constitutional role. BTW I would not make a big deal over who appointed district judges . Senators routinely recommend them and then get appointed by POTUS as a courtesy . That happened in this case . This judge was recommended by Sen Patty Murray and usually swings from the left .
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2017, 12:41 PM
    a review and a visa lowdown
    lol this posting is about Trumpspeak . glad to know you progressives have your own Orwellian language . That was herr Trump's problem..... he didn't call it a 'visa lowdown' .
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2017, 08:29 PM
    Nobody is as clueless as those who get everything they know from TV...

Incidentally.. rather than all the clueless ranting or taking the world of some poorly educated "journalist" who somehow managed to graduate school without knowing we had an electoral college among a multitude of other things....

Trump has the legal right to set who comes and who doesn't.

Read it for yourself...

Trump has the legal right right under the following statute... and you don't have to be a lawyer to understand it....

Section 212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 states: “Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”

Full text here...from the governments own website.
    https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUT...E-66-Pg163.pdf

Feb 7, 2017, 09:06 PM
    Try reading the text of the order. No one id denying that Trump has the right to protect American borders. No one is arguing that our borders need protection. But the order has several flaws in it. The stated purpose of the Order is a pack of lies. There are other issues as well. The enforcement of the order was ill planned and poorly executed. All leading to problems with the order's legality.

It the order has simply said that a moratorium is being instituted while vetting procedures were reviewed and tightened, then there wouldn't have been the reaction there was.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2017, 03:42 AM
    It the order has simply said that a moratorium is being instituted while vetting procedures were reviewed and tightened, then there wouldn't have been the reaction there was.
    Very true ... however the issue in front of the court is the President's power to execute such an order ,and it is a case herr Trump will win. But now we see the Dems(oops I mean 'The Resistance' ) strategy for the next 4 years ....obstruct through the unelected branch . It doesn't matter if POTUS is right ,just use the courts to delay any decision he can make that doesn't require legislative action .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have an unemployment case I going prose what does present your case mean an how d [ 1 Answers ]

What is present your case, and how do I impress the court and win against a large corporation. I have no experience buy I'm a great speaker. Court date Monday please help

Court decision case dismissed due to lack of jurisdictions land case [ 0 Answers ]

My father was the defendant in the case filed on land ownership, the decision of the court was case dismissed due to lack of due to lack of jurisdictions

Do not feel comp case filed correctly lost want case refiled got sick on job in 2007 [ 0 Answers ]

When talking to people years after case Have been told since I got sick on job should have got worker's comp. Do not feel case was filed correctlt staying I told employer I was physically able to go in field was sent out Was in extreme pain when I returned to office. Went to hospital never...

My boyfriend caught a new case while he just got guilty on another case [ 2 Answers ]

What does sentencing after revocation mean

View more questions Search