Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2017, 11:57 AM
    How Does It Feel To Be Conned - BIGLY?
    To thunderous applause, the conman-in-chief first told his deplorables he would build a wall and Mexico would pay for it. Mexico, of course, declined the honor. So, like any con-man, Trump changed his tune.

It became Congress would fund it and Mexico would RE-IMBURSE the US for the wall. Hmmmm. How?

Trump would add 20% to Mexican goods coming into the country. Umm, the added 20% would be paid by the American consumer. Uh, oh. Back to the drawing board.

The current con (a good con-man never gives up) is that Congress will fund it BY CUTTING BACK ON EXISTING PROGRAMS. Of course, he hasn't bothered to list those programs. That would be politically dangerous.

So, in the end, his "plan" is for the US to pay for it.

Even the most die-hard Republicans are staring to wonder about this fraud in the White House.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2017, 12:45 PM
    Trump
    Acceptance
    Resistance
    Disorder

Don't you lefties think its past time you sought out some couch time with your psychologists?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2017, 01:02 PM
    Thinking people realized that it is always the consumer or taxpayer who pays . The only question is this ...... is it worth it to the taxpayer to pay for a physical barrier on the Mexican border . The answer is yes . The rest of his bs about tariffs and border taxes is economy wrecking pablum. If he busts up NAFTA then we'll go back to the disasterous WTO provisions.
    He and his protectionist minions don't get it .Maybe labor rates plays a role in the decisions by American companies to open up shop in Mexico . But a much bigger factor is that Mexico has many more free trade agreements than we do ;so it is easier to get their products into other countries .

Now the moron also told Mexican President PenaNieto that he would send US troops to help combat the "bad hombres" there . If it were me ,I would've told Trump to not bother because I am inviting the Chinese to build a military base on the border .

BTW ,the border wall has been part of the budget for years .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2017, 02:15 PM
    You wasted a ton of money on a fence and haven't learned your lesson yet. You think those Mexicans haven't already figured out how to get over, under, around and through a wall? No wonder the right is so easy to con.

Bush spent that money years ago, thought you knew.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 3, 2017, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Trump
    Acceptance
    Resistance
    Disorder

Don't you lefties think its past time you sought out some couch time with your psychologists?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Trump is doing the same things that have failed over and over again.

We do think you righties, need to get your heads out of the sand and understand the harm Trump is doing to the country.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2017, 02:22 PM
    The money is wasted because it was budgetted in and not spent on building a wall. You lefties loved it when Evita and Chucky Schmucky ,Joe Biden ,and yes ,even the emperor ,got tough on immigration and championed a wall .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezaw-g6TIQI

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...e9O/story.html
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2017, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    But a much bigger factor is that Mexico has many more free trade agreements than we do ;so it is easier to get their products into other countries .

Now the moron also told Mexican President PenaNieto that he would send US troops to help combat the "bad hombres" there . If it were me ,I would've told Trump to not bother because I am inviting the Chinese to build a military base on the border .

BINGO! on the getting products into other countries.

BINGO! again. The Chinese military base. I needed a good laugh today.

One thing never mentioned about this whole drug/wall thing is that without American demand for drugs, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2017, 02:35 PM
    Bush spent that money years ago, thought you knew.
    nice revisionist history . But not so. Bush signed the bill in 2006 ;the last year of a Republican Congressional majority . But revisions in the law because of DHS concerns and Bush's squishy policies regarding immigration stalled the barrier into the emperor's term. Then the emperor boasted about completing the barrier when in fact he added about 30 miles of fencing ;and a bunch of vehicle barriers that people can easily hop over . Then he mocked the Republicans claiming they wouldn't be happy until there was a moat with alligators . No the money wasn't spent on a wall ,and it certainly was not spent on border security .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2017, 05:28 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

The Republican Party's 2012 platform highlighted the fact that the rest of the double fencing was never built and stated that "The double-layered fencing on the border that was enacted by Congress in 2006, but never completed, must finally be built."[7] The Washington Office on Latin America, claims on its Border Fact Check site that the extremely high cost of complying with the Secure Fence Act's mandate—estimated at US$4.1 billion, or more than the Border Patrol’s entire annual budget of US$3.55 billion—was the main reason that it was not fulfilled.[8] In short, Congress failed to continue to fund the project past the initial $1.2 billion procured, in order to finish building the fence.
    Like I said they ain't got no mo' wall money. I ain't got none nether! You got some? Maybe Trump will float us a loan!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2017, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

Like I said they ain't got no mo' wall money. I ain't got none nether! You got some? Maybe Trump will float us a loan!
    Don't worry, Tal, them tax hatin' repubs will tax somethin' to get some money, maybe they will tax illegals by way of taxin' remittances, it's simple enough, a 0.25% tax on all money leaving the country should do it, be hardly noticeable, exchange rates move more than that every day, and best of all, it's not discrimatory
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2017, 08:15 PM
    Really the only people who think Republicans have lost any faith, is the news who seems to make the news up.

And just a wall, will not stop, but it will take electronics, guards, air patrol and more. Like they do in most other nations.

But a much easier way. Just make it a serious crime to hire anyone, without proper papers. No air travel, no buying a car, no license, no bank account without legal papers. Then the illegals will have no reason to come. No welfare unless you are a citizen. Green card holders are not allowed welfare, why should an illegal get it.

Really the only people who think Republicans have lost any faith, is the news who seems to make the news up.

And just a wall, will not stop, but it will take electronics, guards, air patrol and more. Like they do in most other nations.

But a much easier way. Just make it a serious crime to hire anyone, without proper papers. No air travel, no buying a car, no license, no bank account without legal papers. Then the illegals will have no reason to come. No welfare unless you are a citizen. Green card holders are not allowed welfare, why should an illegal get it.
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2017, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Trump is doing the same things that have failed over and over again.

We do think you righties, need to get your heads out of the sand and understand the harm Trump is doing to the country.
    Bwaaaahaahahaha

Do YOU actually believe the economy has been doing great the last 8 years? Do you think these imbeciles protesting and making total a#$es out of themselves have ANY moral superiority? If you are willing to IGNORE the Election fraud and vote rigging the DNC and the media were caught red handed doing is any way right... then Scott, you really aren't nearly as smart as I thought you were. And I did honestly think you were smarter than that.

Trump has done NOTHING to harm this country yet.. everything he has done so far is good and needed. And I for one hope he does EVERYTHING he promised. I'll be behind him the whole way and so will most of the country...asnd if the left thinks they can spread the violence.....lest they remember, they have only gotten away with this in heavily gun controlled places where the populace is mostly unarmed. MANY of us are in states were we have a legal right to open carry, and even more have CC permits...and we ARE armed..and know how to use them. And won't tolerate these degenerates destroying property in OUT cities and OUR states.

And WE also have the right to self defense of ourselves AND our property...by any means we deem necessary...including lethal force. Many states we only have to FEEL threatened. SO these lefty anarchists would be in line for one hell of a swift and brutal payback if they try what they did in Berkeley, DC or Ferguson.

So get over it... Hillary DIDN'T get to steal the election she never earned the right to run in... Trump won because nearly 90% of the US Landmass wanted him in office (look at the county by county map of who won....its MOSTLY red).... The idiots in NYC and Kalifornistan have absolutely no concept of what the rest of the country wants... or even what it needs. And thank god the founding fathers were smart enough to foresee the future enough they put the Electoral College into the Constitution.

And don't get any cute ideas that you can change it... we have more than enough states sick of leftyland we can force a Constitutional convention and remove California from the country. And there isn't ANYTHING they could do to stop it. And no overstepping leftist judge who thinks they have a right to legislate from the bench could stop it.

If the left wants to play hardball...we can show them what real hardball is....and trust me..they don't want to go there.

And by the way....the left wing whack job that thought they can be cute overrule the immigration ban? ALL those visa are already canceled..and so none of them can travel legally without getting new ones..and no news ones are being issued...and NO judge anywhere can do anything at all about it...Check and mate.
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2017, 08:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

We stop ALL federal funding to Sanctuary Cities or states... cut OFF all welfare to immigrants who really have no RIGHT to get it, and the able bodied lazy people... cut off all funding to any college who denies free speech to conservatives like Berkeley did... we have more than enough money to build any wall we need.

THat wall serves the country a far greater purpose and value to the country than ALL of the money wasted on the fat and lazy.

After all the left claims the economy has never been better under Obama...there really is no need for food stamps and welfare then plenty of jobs out there for anyone who asks for one.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2017, 07:22 AM
    Hello:

Show me a 50' wall, and I'll show you a 51' ladder.

excon
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2017, 03:16 PM
    51 foot ladder doesn't stop a .308 Rifle bullet
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2017, 04:18 PM
    51 foot ladder doesn't stop a .308 Rifle bullet
    If you're going to have shooters all along the border, you don't need a wall.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2017, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    If you're going to have shooters all along the border, you don't need a wall.
    We need both.. that will stop the illegals and severely curtail the drug traffickers... Neither have ANY right what so ever to violate our borders. They want to come here, go home, apply legally and wait your turn.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2017, 09:31 PM
    We need both.. that will stop the illegals and severely curtail the drug traffickers... Neither have ANY right what so ever to violate our borders. They want to come here, go home, apply legally and wait your turn.
    What do you plan to do with the US citizens who buy, distribute, and use the drugs?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2017, 12:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What do you plan to do with the US citizens who buy, distribute, and use the drugs?
    It's a good question and dump hasn't announced his plan for that. No doubt he will contine the useless War on Drugs
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2017, 04:59 AM
    1. But a much easier way. Just make it a serious crime to hire anyone, without proper papers. No air travel, no buying a car, no license, no bank account without legal papers. Then the illegals will have no reason to come.
    There are already laws to that effect. The thing that will be new is enforcement .

No welfare unless you are a citizen. Green card holders are not allowed welfare, why should an illegal get it.
    I recently read the sponsor papers that brought my wife's family into the country . It clearly stated that the deal was that they would not be a burden on the social system . I know immigrants coming through Ellis Island (which processed up to 10,000 people daily in the early 20th Century ) were detained until they had ,money, travel tickets, or someone they knew sponsoring them .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feel dizzy, headaches, feel like vomiting after drinking green tea. Any reasons? [ 8 Answers ]

I started drinking gree tea, because I know its healthy (that is what everyone say). I never made abuse of it, my maximum dose was 3 cups/day. I really like it and drink it with no sugar only some lemon and vanilla, or mixed with other teas. After a time, something like 3months, I started feeling...

Things are changing, I feel annoyed. I feel uncapable of feeling any kind of emotion. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now, and I liked him for another 7 months before we started dating. Everything has been splendid besides a few ups and downs we have worked through together. In the past month though, I noticed my feelings for him were not as strong, and this both scared...

My own family conned me [ 8 Answers ]

Back in 1989 my father died. I was just 2 years old. My mother gave me up for adoption and my fathers family weren't interested. But they kept in contact Now being 20 and have lived a hectic life moving around from foster home to foster home and then having to live in a hostel at 16. One...

My breast feel tender my period was short I feel a pulse in my stomach [ 1 Answers ]

My period lasted only three days but only one was normal the other two were really light I can feel a pulse in my lower stomach my mom had her period for four months when she was pregnant with me could I be pregnant

Can women have a affair feel like she got to stay in it if the person feel in love [ 3 Answers ]

I heard a woman say she had sex with a co-worker cause she was bored, and he was coming at her everyday about loving her and treating her right. She then had sex with him and after 2 encounters wanted to stop but didn't know how to tell him no.

View more questions Search