Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2017, 01:56 PM
    Governance By Tweet - When Will It Stop?
    Demented Donald has done it again. With every Executive Order and every tweet, Trump solidifies his core of thugs and lowlifes who do not read anything else and who do not watch news unless it’s the FOX cable news channel. FOX reported the Quebec shooter as a Moroccan Muslim. That was a LIE. The actual shooter was a right-wing extremist follower of Donald Trump !!!

The legitimate press is powerless. Trump and his cohorts simply do not care what the press reports.

Trump insults Australia – a nation whose citizens have fought and died next to Americans for decades. Trump threatens Mexico with invasion.

At the National Prayer Breakfast this morning, of all places, Trump’s insulting Arnold Schwarzenegger was outrageously out of order. Even at prayer, he acts demonically.

“Who will rid us of this meddlesome tyrant?”

It is up to those who started it to finish it. The Republicans who now control the US Congress and have the power to stop Trump must step up and save our country. They thought they could control him, but they cannot. Like the German establishment who gave Adolf Hitler the Chancellorship so they could control him, so the GOP has made a similar Faustian bargain. The time for redemption is at hand. The time for impeachment is NOW.

The world waits - and watches.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2017, 04:45 PM
    wow you are unhinged . You know that Henry II reference could be interpreted as a threat ? However ,I do agree that the GOPe made a Faustian bargain .They had no choice . He played by their rules better than they did.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2017, 05:43 PM
    It might be time for another misquote from the Bard, My Hilliary, My Hilliary, my kingdom for my Hilliary. It seems that we have found the devil we don't know isn't any nicer than the devil we do know but then when you contract with the devil this is what you get
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2017, 05:55 PM
    For accuracy ,the paraphrase was a quote from the movie ' Becket '.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2017, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    wow you are unhinged . You know that Henry II reference could be interpreted as a threat ? However ,I do agree that the GOPe made a Faustian bargain .They had no choice . He played by their rules better than they did.
    Please read on. The quote referred to impeachment, obviously.

paraclete - There is no Shakesperean reference that I could find. The quote seems to first appear in the 17th century with George Lyttelton's History of King Henry the Second.

By the time Jean Anouilh wrote his play Becket, the (correct) quote was in common usage.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2017, 05:54 AM
    For accuracy ,the paraphrase was a quote from the movie ' Becket '.
    I was aware that the atribation was incorrect but then , "who will rid us of this meddlesome priest" is a little closer
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2017, 10:59 AM
    Please read on. The quote referred to impeachment, obviously.
    I'm having a hard time imaging he will complete his term. He is unqualified in so many aspects related to his job.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2017, 11:17 AM
    I'm having a hard time imaging he will complete his term. He is unqualified in so many aspects related to his job.
    Even one of his dear friends Howard Stern says that.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I was aware that the atribation was incorrect but then , "who will rid us of this meddlesome priest" is a little closer
    Here's Wikipedia's explanation of the quote and its attribution (article, Thomas Becket):

Upon hearing reports of Becket's actions, Henry is said to have uttered words that were interpreted by his men as wishing Becket killed.[10] The king's exact words are in doubt and several versions have been reported.[11] The most commonly quoted, as handed down by oral tradition, is "Who will rid me of this troublesome priest?",[12] but according to historian Simon Schama this is incorrect: he accepts the account of the contemporary biographer Edward Grim, writing in Latin, who gives us "What miserable drones and traitors have I nourished and brought up in my household, who let their lord be treated with such shameful contempt by a low-born cleric?"[13] Many variations have found their way into popular culture.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2017, 12:46 PM
    Trump
    Acceptance
    Resistance
    Disorder

Don't you lefties think its past time you sought out some couch time with your psychologists?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2017, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Don't you lefties think its past time you sought out some couch time with your psychologists?
    Lots of righties are waking up and smelling the coffee.
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2017, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Lots of righties are waking up and smelling the coffee.
    Really where exactly?. all of his poll numbers (not the fake polls taken of democrats) have been doing nothing but going up?

Haven't heard of a single REAL Conservative that's developed a negative view of him in the last couple weeks. But more than a few lefties have been changing their tune.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2017, 12:57 PM
    Really where exactly?. all of his poll numbers (not the fake polls taken of democrats) have been doing nothing but going up?

Haven't heard of a single REAL Conservative that's developed a negative view of him in the last couple weeks. But more than a few lefties have been changing their tune.
    Ha, ha. I will pray that your eyes will be opened.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2017, 01:18 PM
    If Trump wants to win me over he is going to have to do more than give lips service to his base who are just giggly over his tough talk and those idiot photo ops on Vomit TV signing some stupid piece of paper he claims are executive orders.

Talk about fake news!
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2017, 02:14 PM
    yup us REAL conservatives are all waving pom-poms. I applaud when he does conservative things like nominating Gorsuch ;selecting good people to national security positions etc. I also like aspects of his tax plan. But don't you think he could've taken 5 minutes of his tweet time to get briefed on US -Aussie relations before he got into a hissy fit with Turnbull ? It's stuff like that and other progressive policies he champions that disturb me. Yesterday he adopted the emperor's position on Israeli settlements . I have REAL concerns.
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2017, 09:10 PM
    Ha, ha. I will pray that your eyes will be opened.

NewsFlash... Chicago is not how the rest of the country thinks. We view it as the poster child of corruption... even as bad as DC is... Chicago is 100 times worse.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2017, 09:16 PM
    NewsFlash... Chicago is not how the rest of the country thinks. We view it as the poster child of corruption... even as bad as DC is... Chicago is 100 times worse.
    I'm not in Chicago.

The government is now and, since November 20, has been in a state of chaos. I'm glad I don't have children of draftable age
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2017, 09:23 PM
    I'm not in Chicago.

The government is now and, since November 20, has been in a state of chaos. I'm glad I don't have children of draftable age
    Bwaahahaha... you need to stop watching the fake news then... and get out more... and besides you just have to be close to it... the entire state of Illinois is a mess BECAUSE of Chicago.

ALL of the drive by media stations have been caught airing bold faced lies they could not back up with any facts the last few months alone...

Those fake claims about Russia hacked the DNC and provided WIkileaks or even supported Trump by hacking machines and paper ballots with NO electrical connection to the outside world, they ( FBI and CIA or any other) don't have the legal right to refuse to present the proof when its demanded by the Security counsel or the President...yet they could not present it because it doesn't exist and never existed.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2017, 10:02 PM
    Bwaahahaha... you need to stop watching the fake news then... and get out more... and besides you just have to be close to it... the entire state of Illinois is a mess BECAUSE of Chicago.
    I've lived in Illinois since 1963. Chicago is NOT the cause of any mess in the state.

You just can't stay on topic, can you. I'm a registered Republican living in a Republican county. Keep up, smoothy, and stop regurgitating ancient history.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Recent Tweet [ 75 Answers ]

Trump tweeted that "millions voted illegally". Then why is Trump against the recount?

Corporate Governance [ 19 Answers ]

Hello: We're a nation of laws.. On their own, we DON'T think a person will be a good citizen, so we make RULES to insure that he WILL be. Oh, we believe the MAJORITY of people are good, but we STILL need rules for those who aren't. So, there's this citizen who works as an executive. When...

Tweet [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I admit, I don't tweet.. What am I missing? excon

To tweet or not to tweet? Or are we all just twits? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I need someone to explain Twitter to me. I don't think I get it. I have about 130 people (twits?) "following" me on Twitter and I've never tweeted! As I understand Twitter, you use a computer, phone or other web enabled device to send tweets. Then somehow the people following you will get...

View more questions Search