Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2013, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Cutting federal funds to the Blue Angels.
    Perfect example. That is a symbolic cut to punish the rubes. Meanwhile they are giving 20 F-16 jets to Egypt. Like I said... responsible cuts.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2013, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Bet the sluts like Sandra Flock still get their free birth control at taxpayer expense while they are paying to attend $40,000 a year universities like she did.
    There is no free birth control. And contraception may be needed for reasons other than to prevent pregnancy --

Quotes from Sandra Fluke (02/23/2012) --

These denials of contraceptive coverage impact real people. In the worst cases, women who need this medication for other medical reasons suffer dire consequences.

One woman told us doctors believe she has endometriosis, but it can't be proven without surgery, so the insurance hasn't been willing to cover her medication.

One student told us that she knew birth control wasn't covered, and she assumed that's how Georgetown's insurance handled all of women's sexual healthcare, so when she was raped, she didn't go to the doctor even to be examined or tested for sexually transmitted infections because she thought insurance wasn't going to cover something like that, something that was related to a woman's reproductive health.

Her claim was denied repeatedly on the assumption that she really wanted the birth control to prevent pregnancy. She's gay, so clearly polycystic ovarian syndrome was a much more urgent concern than accidental pregnancy. After months of paying over $100 out of pocket, she just couldn't afford her medication anymore and had to stop taking it. I learned about all of this when I walked out of a test and got a message from her that in the middle of her final exam period she'd been in the emergency room all night in excruciating pain. ... Without her taking the birth control, a massive cyst the size of a tennis ball had grown on her ovary. She had to have surgery to remove her entire ovary.

This is the message that not requiring coverage of contraception sends. A woman's reproductive healthcare isn't a necessity, isn't a priority.

Many of the women whose stories I've shared are Catholic women, so ours is not a war against the church. It is a struggle for access to the healthcare we need.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2013, 08:48 PM
    Funny thing is that provision isn't written into Obamacare.. it is a directive by HHS Sec Sebillius . The next POTUS could just as easily reverse the call... that is if the judiciary doesn't declare it unconstitutional first .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2013, 05:11 AM
    Hello again, tom:

The Senate Repubics were willing to give the President that authority (to CHOOSE which cuts to make) ,but he passed on it.
    I've said on MANY occasions that I DON'T understand the underlying POLITICS of many Washington proposals... But, I certainly see the trap in THIS offer..

I always thought YOU were better at unraveling the Washington intrigue. I guess not. Clearly, this is an offer that he'll NEVER accept, and the reason why is OBVIOUS to me. I think to you too.

Excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 05:51 AM
    Yeah, the reason is he's just a blowhard, not a leader.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2013, 06:20 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Yeah, over the last week, I've heard NOTHING from your side, other than the president should "lead".

Let me ask you, right winger, if he leads, are you going to follow??

Bwa, ha ha ha.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 06:31 AM
    Leading is more than running around the country scaring the public and bypassing the media. It's more than controlling the message, blaming the other guy and waiting until AFTER your apocalypse to bring Republicans in to talk. If I ever see him lead I'll let you know.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 06:35 AM
    We wouldn't be here if the congress had done its job in the 2011 debt ceiling debacle. Face it, gridlock has accomplished nothing for either side.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 06:55 AM
    You mean if the senate had passed a budget.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

I've said on MANY occasions that I DON'T understand the underlying POLITICS of many Washington proposals... But, I certainly see the trap in THIS offer..

I always thought YOU were better at unraveling the Washington intrigue. I guess not. Clearly, this is an offer that he'll NEVER accept, and the reason why is OBVIOUS to me. I think to you too.

excon
    Well ,let's put it this way. He's the president, and presidents are expected to work out agreements, not “force the moment to its crisis”. He's also the chief executive of the United States ,and as such is perfectly capable of directing agencies to make sure all cuts are in wholly nonessential areas. He shouldn't need an invite from Congress to do his job. Maybe he should bring in his cabinet officers and put them in a Jedi Mind-meld and direct them to sharpen their #2 Ticonderogas ,and trim 2% of bloat and fat out of their agencies. It does not require keeping carriers from deploying ,or laying off janitors like his lie from Friday.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2013, 09:16 AM
    Hello again, tom:

If the right wing has the answers, why didn't they write a bill? That IS how it's done there, no?

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2013, 09:46 AM
    They did... 3 times
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2013, 10:40 AM
    Hello again, tom:

This post COULD be on Obama 2.0, but they all meld into general partisanship anyway...

As I said over there, rather than doing what's BEST for the country, Obama is aiming at DESTROYING the Republicans. Maybe, in the long run, that'll be BETTER for the country than doing short term stuff..

I'm STILL very pissed off at Mitch McConnell for announcing that he's going to DESTROY the Obama presidency. And, then he proceeded to ATTEMPT to do that very thing..

The key word above is ATTEMPT. McConnell FAILED. Now, it's HIS turn in the box. Do I have sympathy for the Republicans? I do NOT.

excon
    Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 11:34 AM
    The right hollers the President should lead, and then turns around and tells Bonehead he can't talk to the Prez, and then says from his own mouth he won't talk to the Prez. So when the Prez talks to the people they holler even louder.

What's funny is that the people are behind the Prez. Not the right wing! Not Bonehead! Not McConnell! Not the TParty! Not Republicans! Not Rush! Not Mitt!

They are behind Obama very firmly! So keep hollering! Keep talking crazy! Keep throwing your rocks! Keep obstructing! Keep objecting! Keep sitting there with your guns for the sky to fall, and the Boogey man to get you!
    Expert

Mar 3, 2013, 11:53 AM
    Since 174 house repubs voted for sequestration so you guys shouldn't complain at all. You got what you wanted, and Bonehead said he got 98% of what he wanted.

We will see whose happy, and whose NOT in a few weeks.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2013, 11:17 AM
    Saturday Night Live on the sequester... priceless.

Saturday Night Live - Sequester Cold Open - Video - NBC.com
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2013, 01:13 PM
    Owebama got 100% of what he wanted... he has said as much publicly and in interviews.

Prbolem now is his malfunctioning brain doesn't want to take ownership of it or anything else... He thinks he can be on both sides of everything all the time... and since the average liberal has the attention span and memory of a goldfish... he's been getting away with it... but people are finally deserting the sinking ship... and Bob Woodward is only the most well known so far... and not the only one by far.

M<aking threats to reporters that don't report exactly how the WHite house demands the coverage report... shows he is the man with a tiny mind... and an even smaller wiener.
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2013, 01:34 PM
    Hello again, smoothy:

shows he is the man with a tiny mind... and an even smaller wiener.
    I have a HUGE, HUMONGOUS wiener. Most liberals do.

Hmmmm.. I think I've figured out what the problem is..

Excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Hello again, smoothy:

excon
    You black out when you see a nice set of hooters?
    Expert

Mar 4, 2013, 01:44 PM
    Hello again, smoothy:

excon
    I never thought of that, but it explains the hollering, and the fear of being bent over by liberals. It would hurt!! Hurt really bad!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search