Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 08:16 AM
    Is it a fact you supported the rich guy who hides his money and the voucher guy who wants to shift the money from the government helping old people, and children to old people, and children?

Did you vote for the rich guy who said 47% of the people are takers and knew he would never get their vote?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2013, 08:37 AM
    It is a fact that the right believes people should help each other whenever possible, not just pass it off on the kind of heartless, inefficient, INCOMPETENT, LYING bureaucrats such as those that had the DUTY to help my daughter. You're goading the wrong person on this, Tal. I KNOW how it works, at least if you're a disabled, single white woman.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    How do you defend corporate welfare and say welfare for people is evil?
    Here is how. If your MR/Mrs big business and I give you a tax break for every new hire you take in that is coming off the welfare roles. To you that is looked at as coporate welfare. It brings positive results and breeds a sense of self worth. Something you don't get from the social welfare system.

Welfare for people isn't evil unless and until a line is crossed. That line being those that either;

A: Game the system to defraud it. Or

B: Are an able body person that wants to stay on welfare for generations.

To me that is not what welfare is about. It is about a hand up not a hand out. It is NOT an entitlement program it IS a safety net. When it crosses the line from being a safety net then it is wrong.
    Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 02:49 PM
    LOL, a tax break for hiring is very much a GREAT idea, as long as its here in America, but not all poor people game the system. Some are trapped and even more have lost touch with reality, and some just need the right instruction.

And sadly some need a lot more help than a welfare check. Its more complex than people care to believe since its easier to just dismiss them as lazy failures and criminals. Some are, but far more are not.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2013, 03:16 PM
    Hmm, seems he made that proper distinction between welfare being a good thing and crossing the line.

Speaking of crossing the line, Debbie Downer, the DNC Chairwoman, trotted out a Democratic official as her symbolic "Medicare recipient from Florida" to do a little fear mongering about Marco Rubio.

Democratic House chairwoman Wasserman Schultz caught in deception with reporters

Reminds me of Obama using that Ohio woman in his push for Obamacare that was going to lose her home and all but really wasn't, or that chick that said her contraception cost her $3000, or making them more widely available (and free) in a country where use is already "almost universal."
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2013, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    making them more widely available (and free) in a country where use is already "almost universal."
    As long as you don't make it mandatory
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2013, 05:02 PM
    Tonight we will hear the worse job creator in the county say that he wants to increase the nation's debts to continue his failed job creating policies.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2013, 05:11 PM
    Tom, don't be cynical, just because the man doesn't have the same political views as you do, I think we would all like to see he has proposal to reduce national debt, but the question is ; are you ready for the pain? The only way you will reduce the debt is to devalue the currency
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    tonight we will hear the worse job creator in the county say that he wants to increase the nation's debts to continue his failed job creating policies.
    ... and take away all the guns and total amnesty for all illegals.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2013, 06:11 PM
    Sure an it would be a fine day if he could please everyone
    Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 08:42 PM
    The best part is listening to the two republican TParty rebuttals. Rubio is rehashing the last election that was rejected by the electorate, and I may pop in a Netflix movie for Paul.

Nohing to see here, move along.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 08:44 PM
    The best part is listening to the two republican TParty rebuttals. Rubio is rehashing the last election that was rejected by the electorate, and I may pop in a Netflix movie for Paul.

Nohing to see here, move along.
    I'm wondering if Rubio was watching and listening to the same speech I was.

Do these rebuttal guys get an advance copy of the speech or just write from the seat of their pants?
    Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 09:15 PM
    Rand Paul will not be televised, but its online so hope you have a movie ready to go.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 09:28 PM
    Rand Paul will not be televised, but its online so hope you have a movie ready to go.
    I decided to read about the Big Bear Lake situation.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2013, 09:41 PM
    Yes good that that one is over and another nail in the coffin of gun control
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2013, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    tonight we will hear the worse job creator in the county say that he wants to increase the nation's debts to continue his failed job creating policies.
    But it sounded good, and won't increase the deficit by a dime.
    Expert

Feb 13, 2013, 08:10 AM
    To holler beyach and whine is an unnacceptable solution. To shift the deficit to just the poor, elderly and children is unnacceptable, and that notion was voted down already, whether you face the fact or NOT.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2013, 08:42 AM
    To holler beyach and whine is an unnacceptable solution. To shift the deficit to just the poor, elderly and children is unnacceptable, and that notion was voted down already, whether you face the fact or NOT.
    Dude, it's simple math. You can't just keep spending money you don't have, and if you believe his ideas won't increase the deficit a dime I'd like to make you a deal on some beach front property here in the panhandle.

The same old raise the minimum wage crap just makes it worse for the people it's supposed to help. Employers aren't going to pay more money than someone is worth, they will go with experience and fewer workers rather than pay $9.00 and hour to someone who only gives them $7.00 in production.Add the heavier government footprint from liberal policies raising the cost of living what have you accomplished? Nothing but expanding government dependency which takes more government resources away from those who TRULY need that safety net.

I will always 'beyach' about policies that punish success, encourage dependency, drag down the economy and steer resources AWAY from those who need it most. I KNOW firsthand, remember?
    Expert

Feb 13, 2013, 08:54 AM
    I also know first hand how a Walmart's makes billions off cheap labor and sweat shops. It's the same profits over people crap that the right has been spouting for years pandering to what a business needs to survive. As long as the right fails to recognize that the business model is broken, then we will continue to have deficits and poor people, and that has nothing to do with government, but more to do with the right trying to destroy government so the job creators can make money without creating jobs.

Your premise that just because a worker makes 7 dollars an hour that's all they are worth is a false one. Employers know full well that they can make their workers seek government assistance to subsidize their employees, and pad their bottom lines even more.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2013, 09:09 AM
    I also know first hand how a Walmarts makes billions off cheap labor and sweat shops. It's the same profits over people crap that the right has been spouting for years pandering to what a business needs to survive. As long as the right fails to recognize that the business model is broken, then we will continue to have deficits and poor people, and that has nothing to do with government, but more to do with the right trying to destroy government so the job creators can make money without creating jobs.

Your premise that just because a worker makes 7 dollars an hour that's all they are woth is a false one. Employeers know full well that they can make their workers seek government assistance to subsidize their employees, and pad their bottom lines even more.
    Dude, your president and Democrats in congress are no less beholden to corporate interests than anyone else. The only difference is your guys keep trying to engineer change by picking winners and losers in the market instead of letting businesses compete. How many Solyndras do we need? How many $100k Tesla cars or Chevy Volts that no one wants do we need? How many billions does Al Gore need? And what do we get from this guy, more of the same old crap.He didn't fool Kirsten Powers, and he doesn't fool me...

The edict on climate change was despotic, not liberal. I believe climate change is a problem and humans contribute to it. However, 'either do what I say or I will just start issuing executive orders' that make green energy companies rich is not the kind of governing we should be lauding, regardless of party or ideological bent.
    You're happy with platitudes and applause lines that boost your self-esteem, I want results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obamacare For The Poor [ 18 Answers ]

What happens in 2014. Women 60 years old is unemployed and has a preexisting condition. Has been denied medicaid in Florida, she did not met the current guild-lines. Only income is from her husband's social security check. I wonder what will happen in this type of situation??

Obamacare... [ 6 Answers ]

What exactly does it mean? I've heard different things from different people and don't know what to believe...

Obamacare's unconstitutional [ 17 Answers ]

That's what U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson said today. He said the mandate requiring people to have medical insurance exceeds all constitutional "logical limitations ". Judge in Va. strikes down federal health care law - Yahoo! News If one part of Obamacare goes down then the whole law...

Alternatives to Obamacare; [ 178 Answers ]

Obamacare, whatever that may be, is unpopular, not cost effective , and offensive to the people it is to care for and from whom paid taxes into this. It is time to move on and look at alternatives to Obamacare and the CURRENT healthcare system we have in place. The ultimate goal being to provide...

Obamacare, good enough for thee - [ 8 Answers ]

But not for Obama himself... During Obama's ratings flop of an infomercial last night, he refused to promise that he would stay within his own health care system if one of his wife or daughters were sick. There you have it, if the president himself won't commit to trusting his own...

View more questions Search