Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2012, 07:25 PM
    Hello clete:

I have no problem if people want to go. Just leave the dirt. It's OURS.

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2012, 08:16 PM
    Therein lies the problem Ex they see it as theirs, Tell you what, load them on boats and send them over here, if they survive the voyage we have a nice tropical island they can stay on. What we have is lots of dirt, lovely red dirt and we would like a better class of economic refugees
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 04:35 AM
    Perry: Texas Will Not Secede From US « CBS Houston

Some of the people who signed the petition are from blue states . Doesn't make much sense . All they'd be doing is creating another nation dominated by libs.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 05:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Perry: Texas Will Not Secede From US « CBS Houston

some of the people who signed the petition are from blue states . Doesn't make much sense . All they'd be doin is creating another nation dominated by libs.
    Sounds like wonderland to me. I wish them luck. ;) lol
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 06:27 AM
    Just wow, some idiots starting petitions at Obama's request is worse than a college professor denying Stalin was a bad guy? You lefties are pathological dodgers.
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2012, 07:02 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

You lefties are pathological dodgers.
    And, you, my friend, are pathological deniers... You got TROUNCED, and now we're going to TAKE the spoils.

If you complained about Obamacare being SHOVED down your throats, I'm SURE you're not going to like the tax hikes we're going to SHOVE. Elections HAVE consequences..

Come on, Steve... If Romney had won, you'd SHOVE YOUR right wing agenda down OUR throats... You know it too.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 07:13 AM
    I'm not denying anything, ex. We got beat, but as the Dems' mantra of a few years ago said, 51% is not a mandate.
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2012, 07:43 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

As I said, you are the KINGS of deniers. But, you got CLOBBERED, and you're going to feel it. Things is DIFFERENT now... Obama's first term has been VALIDATED by the American public. YOUR policies have been roundly REPUDIATED.

In fact, had your local Republican controlled state legislatures NOT redrawn (gerrymandered) the congressional districts to PROTECT Republicans, the Democrats WOULD have retaken the House.

This ISN'T idle speculation. It's ARITHMETIC! You got TROUNCED!

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 08:10 AM
    Obama received 7.6 million fewer votes than the first time around, that's arithmetic. Republicans now hold 30 governorships, that's arithmetic. As Abe Greenwald said and I think he may be right, one of the reasons Obama won is Americans have some illogical crush on Obama.

Obama couldn’t run on his record, which proved to be no problem—Americans didn’t vote on his record. According to exit polls, 77 percent of voters said the economy is bad and only 25 percent said they’re better off than they were four years ago. But since six in ten voters claimed the economy as their number one issue, it’s clear this election wasn’t about issues at all.

The president’s reelection is not evidence of a new liberal America, but rather of the illogical and confused experience that is infatuation. For multiple reasons, Americans continue to have a crush on Barack Obama even after his universally panned first term. No longer quite head over heels, they’re at the “I know he’s no good for me, but I can change him” phase. Whatever this means, it surely doesn’t suggest conservatives would be wise to move closer to policies that aren’t even popular among Obama supporters.
    You're just trying to do what Obama did and discourage people. Horse hockey, I'm not buying your "you got trounced so bend over and take it in the backside like a good b*tch" strategy. We're not going away.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2012, 09:00 AM
    Well at least we now know what neo-conservative jews think in their blogs.
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 10:41 AM
    Obviously you don't think the Obama phenomenon is a personality cult. You must have missed his first run.

Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus." -- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger." --Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama." -- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra." -- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being" -- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history" -- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?" -- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy... " -- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul" -- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear." -- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness" -- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians.. . The agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century." -- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings.. . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence." -- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy.. . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event." -- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom.. . [He is] the man for this time." -- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate.. . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh.. . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves." -- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind." -- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane.. . He is an evolved leader.. . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth." -- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered.. . I know that that was God’s plan." -- Bill Rush
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2012, 11:15 AM
    Good for the american people. All those people are allowed to speak their opinions.
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 11:24 AM
    True, they all have the right to be complete morons.
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2012, 11:26 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Yeah, we LIKE our leader. Maybe if YOU liked Romney as well, he might be president...

Bwa, ha ha ha.

excon
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2012, 11:32 AM
    True, they all have the right to be complete morons.
    They are your fellow americans.
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 12:10 PM
    They are your fellow americans.
    I'll remember that next time someone here plays the race card.
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
    Yeah, we LIKE our leader. Maybe if YOU liked Romney as well, he might be president...
    I do like Romney, but those examples were way past LIKE. That was creepy. Mentally unbalanced creepy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 12:19 PM
    Some idiots want to keep fighting even after the war is over, and they lost. Cooler heads will prevail. Just wait until they need services and benefit that American have. But they haven't thought that far ahead but I wonder when Texas leaves will they take the govenor with them?

You do know the Cowboys are America's team don't you? I doubt Jerry Jones signs anything!
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 01:02 PM
    Some idiots want to keep fighting even after the war is over
    Oh the irony. Your side is still whining about 2000.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Nov 15, 2012, 03:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I do like Romney, but those examples were way past LIKE. That was creepy. Mentally unbalanced creepy.

I think it is more like this:

On the day you or I achieve a stable condition of equilibrium, those around us who have been less fortunate will draw one of two conclusions. Either that we are dead or that we have slipped into a state of clinically diagnosable delusion. And to live in delusion is to live in the comfort of ideology

John Ralston Saul

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search