Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2012, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

Yet, Romney said absolutely he'd IGNORE my states 10th Amendment rights, and he'll make SURE that pot is NEVER legal here.

I'll take my chances on Obama.

excon
    He does seem to evolve whenever it's politically expedient. But then he won't have anything to run for if he wins this time.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2012, 07:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    He does seem to evolve whenever it's politically expedient.
    Hello again, Steve:

For a minute, I thought you were talking about Romney.

But, rather than evolve, pot legalization would logically BE a second term agenda..

I STILL haven't heard what you think would happen if my state, or even if all THREE states legalized pot. What would EITHER Romney or Obama do?? And, WHY do you NOT want to answer?

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2012, 07:41 AM
    I don't know what either would do, my precognitive powers are a little weak today. I don't answer for the same reason I've always given, this is your pet cause, not mine.
    eman134 Posts: 18, Reputation: -1

Oct 9, 2012, 07:58 AM
    I hope obama doesn't get a second term he's a lier a cheat a communist a liberalist and just a plain jerk he says don't smoke he does pot he's a lier for crying out loud and don't see how all of these obama biden people don't understand it he doesn't deserve a secod term he's not worth it
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eman134 View Post
    i hope obama doesnt get a second term hes a lier a cheat a communist a liberalist and just a plain jerk he says dont smoke he does pot hes a lier for crying out loud and dont see how all of these obama biden people dont understand it he doesnt deserve a secod term hes not worth it
    Thank you for your opinion, do you think you might find the spellchecker
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2012, 06:07 AM
    Hello again,

Our resident right wingers BELIEVE that pot smokers DON'T go to jail. Try as I might, I CANNOT convince them otherwise. I don't mean to call THEM out particularly.. In fact, they're VERY representative of our culture, both RIGHT and LEFT.

I invite them to see a new movie called The House I Live In. In fact, I'll PAY for tom and Steve and their wives to see it. Call it lobbying...

It opened in NY on the 5th, and is working its way west. Do I think it'll change minds?? I don't know.. Maybe the movie'll suck. I'm sure they'll report back..

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2012, 07:28 AM
    I never said pot smokers don't go to jail.
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2012, 07:33 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Again, the search features suck, so I'm not going to look back.. But, you DID say that YOU got busted and they let YOU go. I believe you THEN extrapolated YOUR experience onto the world...

But, it's MOOT. Will you see the movie? Tell you what. I'll go see the hated 2016 if YOU see this movie. I'll even throw in Atlas Shrugged.

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 11, 2012, 01:22 PM
    Hello again, Steve:

Again, the search features suck, so I'm not gonna look back.. But, you DID say that YOU got busted and they let YOU go. I believe you THEN extrapolated YOUR experience onto the world...

But, it's MOOT. Will you see the movie?? Tell you what. I'll go see the hated 2016 if YOU see this movie. I'll even throw in Atlas Shrugged.

excon
    Can a PAC make a deal like that?? I don't know.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Hello again, Steve:

Again, the search features suck, so I'm not gonna look back.. But, you DID say that YOU got busted and they let YOU go. I believe you THEN extrapolated YOUR experience onto the world...

But, it's MOOT. Will you see the movie?? Tell you what. I'll go see the hated 2016 if YOU see this movie. I'll even throw in Atlas Shrugged.

excon
    Count me out . I go to movie theaters to be entertained . If you can wait until the DVD is out I'll watch it ,but it won't likely change my mind. Oh the trailer showed them rolling joints ,but everyone who spoke was in the slammer for heavier more dangerous drugs.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2012, 02:24 PM
    I'm going to see Trouble With the Curve tomorrow. Perhaps when it comes to Netflix.
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2012, 08:05 AM
    Hello again,

I'm bummed. I voted AGAINST Prop 502 today. That's the law that would have, presumably, legalized marijuana.. But, it wouldn't have. It's a sneak attack..

What it WOULD do, is tax it to death so that the vibrant underground market would be guaranteed to continue - a scenario tom suggested might happen, and will surly happen under this law.

Then, in order protect public safety, they set a 5 nanogram limit of THC, per liter of blood, before a DUI would be issued.

First off, that's a totally non scientific made up number. Secondly, since remnants of THC remain in the blood LONG after the high is gone, any smoker can be cited whether he's stoned or not..

While it may legalize pot, it criminalizes pot smokers if they EVER take the wheel. That ain't something I'd vote for.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2012, 08:30 AM
    And you still can't grow your own. That's what governments do, regulate and tax the hell out of everything. Now apply this lesson learned to another 4 years of Obama.
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2012, 08:45 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Obama is not my fav.. But, he's clearly the lesser of two evils... You KNOW what I think would happen with a Romney appointed 6th Supreme Court justice.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2012, 09:05 AM
    The world would come to an end? Michael Moore and Sean Penn will finally move to Canada?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 30, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Obama is not my fav.. But, he's clearly the lesser of two evils... You KNOW what I think would happen with a Romney appointed 6th Supreme Court justice.

excon
    Trickle down economics on steroids, economic scams (bubbles), higher deficits, and a war or two (off the books of course).

The repeal of everything except citizens united. More law and order, and bigger privatized prisons and schools. On the second day..
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2012, 10:17 AM
    Economic scams? As opposed to Obama's corporate cronyism?
    Expert

Oct 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
    The right only hollers about the bad, never the good. Matter of fact you guys make the good look bad, and holler some more. When was the last republican who balanced a budget, or cut the deficit??

That's right NEVER, whether they had a republican congress or NOT. Even with a republican congress you guys screwed things up. But all you can come up with is forget he last republican, lets try the next one until we find a savior and hero. Like Reagan, the guy who ran from Lebanon after the 300 marines got killed.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2012, 10:49 AM
    The right only hollers about the bad, never the good
    Again, like Dodd-Frank? That was good wasn't it?

A Year After Dodd-Frank, Too Big To Fail Remains Bigger Problem Than Ever

‘The Biggest Kiss’
    Mitt Romney was right: Dodd-Frank is a gift to big banks
    Expert

Oct 30, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Dodd Frank doesn't make a bank smaller, just manages its failure so as NOT to tank the whole system. But of course you believe the right talking points about its supposed failures, while leaving out how the banks and republicans are obstructing the rules making process.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1294471.html

Should the Dodd-Frank Act Be Repealed? | Debate Club | US News Opinion

Good read to get more facts.

What is Dodd-Frank Act? - Definition from WhatIs.com

The act created the Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC) to address persistent issues affecting the financial industry and prevent another recession. Banks are required to have “funeral plans” for a swift and orderly shutdown if the company goes under. By keeping the banking system under a closer watch, the act seeks to eliminate the need for future taxpayer-funded bailouts.

The act also created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), to protect consumers from large, unregulated banks. The CFPB consolidated the consumer protection responsibilities of a number of existing bureaus, including the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the National Credit Union Administration and the Federal Trade Commission. The CFPB works with regulators in large banks to stop business practices that hurt consumers, such as risky lending. In addition to regulatory control, the CFPB provides consumers with access to truthful information about mortgages and credit scores along with a twenty-four hour toll-free consumer hotline to report issues with financial services.
    What Does the Implementation of the Dodd-Frank Act Mean for the Energy Sector? | Reed Smith - JDSupra

Key rules went into effect on or before October 12, 2012, with immediate and near-term consequences for OTC trading and your company's operations. These include the definition of what is regulated as a swap subject to mandatory clearing and what is exempt; definitions of who will be regulated as a swap dealer, major swap participant or end-user; and, recordkeeping, reporting and swap documentation requirements. More rules are slated to become effective in the first few months of 2013, while some remain pending as proposals – including margin and capital requirements, and the scope of the Dodd-Frank Act's extraterritorial reach – without a projected date for a final rule. Along the way, on the eve of effective dates for various final and “interim” final rules (most recently on October 12, 2012), the CFTC keeps rolling out “interpretive guidance” letters in response to requests for modifications and clarifications of rules, setting out examples, tests, and refined deadlines for compliance with the rules.
    Takes longer when the republicans keep watering the rules down for their corporate buddies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug War - No More [ 28 Answers ]

Hello: Political correctness sucks. Words DO matter. Wars cannot be declared against things. Whoever heard of such nonsense? War should be reserved for what it means. Oh, it's a great marketing campaign, but it makes lousy policy. That's because you can't WIN a war on crime, or a war on...

OUR Drug War [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: The Drug War is OURS, isn't it? Is there anybody out there who thinks that if we ended OUR drug war, the world wouldn't end theirs? I don't know how it is for you... But, I see people who I ordinarily believe to be rational, smart people, examine the problems on our southern...

The Drug War [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: Chief R. Gil Kerlikowske, my home town top cop, is going to be the new Drug Czar. Seattle, is also home to hemp fest. That's a four day celebration of marijuana held in a downtown park with thousands upon thousands of people in attendance, and ALL of 'em smoking dope. The cops...

The Drug War [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: Why did they pass a Constitutional amendment to ban alcohol if all they had to do was make "War on Alcohol"? Did those legislators know something that ours don't? Could the War on Drugs be illegal? excon

Tired of dealing with drug addicted [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is addicted to marijuana. About 10 years ago, he said he'll quit once we have children. After the kids, he said he'll quit when the they start school. 2 months ago, when I told him that I really can not deal with it any longer, he finally said he'll be lying if he said he'll quit. He...

View more questions Search