Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 08:33 PM
    Next step is the Supreme Court I believe.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 06:35 AM
    Hello again,

Wow.. Florida too.. Poor Floridians...

A federal district judge in Florida temporarily blocked the law in May because it was unconstitutional and announced on Tuesday that he plans to issue a permanent injunction.

Two weeks ago, another three-judge panel of the federal district court in the District of Columbia unanimously rejected part of the Florida law that allowed local supervisors to significantly limit times for early voting, with a disproportionate impact on blacks in five counties of concern to the court. In those in 2008, more than half of black voters cast an early ballot, compared with just over one-fourth of white voters.
    Excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2012, 07:03 AM
    So Florida is racist because there are five counties with lots of blacks that apparently didn't know 4 years ago we were having an election this year and couldn't be ready to vote during the scheduled voting period.

I'm sorry, but voting is not that complicated. I give people more credit than that. You guys apparently think people are such helpless fools they can't figure out how to vote within the allotted time and rules... or you just want more time to figure out how to get more dead people on the rolls to vote.
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 07:12 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

I was wondering where you were.. Making trades, huh?

Look... It's NOT me.. I'm just the messenger.. It's U.S. District Judge Robert L. Hinkle. But, it's the TEXAS decision that ought to get your goat.. I mentioned it on page 42.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2012, 07:23 AM
    No problem... photo id has already been found constitutional in Indiana and Georgia . At most Texas has to tweek it's law to make it compliant.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2012, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

I was wondering where you were.. Making trades, huh??

Look... It's NOT me.. I'm just the messenger.. It's U.S. District Judge Robert L. Hinkle. But, it's the TEXAS decision that ought to get your goat.. I mentioned it on page 42.

excon
    I believe I responded, yes in fact I did.And then NK came in and started his usual juvenile games.
    Expert

Aug 31, 2012, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    So Florida is racist because there are five counties with lots of blacks that apparently didn't know 4 years ago we were having an election this year and couldn't be ready to vote during the scheduled voting period.

I'm sorry, but voting is not that complicated. I give people more credit than that. You guys apparently think people are such helpless fools they can't figure out how to vote within the allotted time and rules...or you just want more time to figure out how to get more dead people on the rolls to vote.
    That's so much Malarkey. You haven't been following this battle that started with Florida purging voters 200,000. The system was flawed so they rejected it.

I don't think its necessarily racist, but more partisan shenanigans to tilt the playing field republican, by republican run states. This is all about getting the Black guy out of the White House, and has been since he won. Does his race play a role in that? Maybe, but I think the plot would be the same for any democrat, but racism is a tool you guys have used quite effectively to poison the well.

I wonder how many dead guys are voting for you to impact millions of voters? And you guys see nothing wrong with that? I expect a lot more efficiency from guys who are serious about being fair.

So what's your excuse for changing the voting hours Mr. Dead man voters?
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 06:48 PM
    Hello again,

Oh no, Strike THREE! Now, it's Ohio..
    District Court Judge Peter C. Economus granted a preliminary injunction against a state law passed last year that would only allow early in-person voting by members of the military and their families. The injunction orders Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted (R) to not enforce the law.
    Poor Ohioans..

Excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2012, 02:45 AM
    Why do you want to suppress the military vote ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2012, 02:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    why do you want to suppress the military vote ?
    Why ONLY the military?
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2012, 03:11 AM
    I'm not in favor of any early voting (except absentee voting ) . The Constitution gives Congress the authority to set the election day. Congress made it a law that Election Day is the Tuesday after the first Monday in November. There is no provision in the law that allows for early voting .

My comment was a tongue in cheek parody of the arguments being made here... that it is a burden on military personel to get to the polls on election day and that they need special accommodations lest they be disenfranchised.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2012, 04:28 AM
    Party pooper
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2012, 02:48 PM
    Democrats in Maryland just admitted that voter fraud exists... and one of their own (former) candidates for congress is allegedly guilty.

Maryland Democrat quits congressional race amid vote fraud allegations

By Ben Pershing

A Maryland Democratic candidate quit her congressional race Monday after her own party told state officials that she had committed fraud by voting in both Maryland and Florida in recent elections.

Wendy Rosen, a small-business owner running against freshman Rep. Andy Harris (R) in the Eastern Shore-based 1st Congressional District, released a statement saying that “with great regret, and much sorrow” she was resigning from the contest.

“Personal issues have made this the hardest decision that I have had to make,” Rosen said [in a statement.]

Rosen’s announcement came the same day the state Democratic party released a letter to state Attorney General Douglas Gansler and state prosecutors reporting the allegations against Rosen.

“The Maryland Democratic Party has discovered that Ms. Rosen has been registered to vote in both Florida and Maryland since at least 2006; that she in fact voted in the 2006 general election both in Florida and Maryland; and that she voted in the presidential preference primaries held in both Florida and Maryland in 2008,” wrote Yvette Lewis, the state party chair. “This information is based on an examination of the voter files from both states. We believe that this is a clear violation of Maryland law and urge the appropriate office to conduct a full investigation.”
    Apparently the poor thing doesn't remember if she voted twice in two states or not. But kudos to the Maryland Dems for taking action. If only Dems were as concerned as much about all those dead people, felons, non-citizens and those voting multiple times we might get somewhere.
    Expert

Sep 10, 2012, 08:37 PM
    There has to be a better process than the ones you guys are using that makes a hardship for those that are legal voters. Then you may get more support.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2012, 05:05 AM
    Hello again,

What is it when you SAY you live in your sons basement in one state so you can claim residence there to RUN for office, when you clearly live in another state??

I'd say that's voter/election fraud.. Do you know WHICH presidential candidate DID that??

What do you call it when you file STATE income taxes IN one state, but you said you filed in another in order to be eligible to RUN for office in that state??

I'd call it a flat out lie.. Which presidential candidate did that?

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2012, 05:21 AM
    Is this twenty questions Ex tell us the answer, with evidence of course
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2012, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    is this twenty questions Ex tell us the answer, with evidence of course
    Hello clete:

With only TWO guys in the running, I thought it would be easy...

The basement cheating?? It was Mitt Romney, of course... The Lying? It was, of course, Mitt Romney.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2012, 05:33 AM
    I don't really know the dirt on either, but thanks for the heads up. Mr Romney not living up to his image, I mean this and that dog thing, he doesn't respect voters and he doesn't respect animals and of course there is Bain, kind of make you wonder, while with Obama you have had four years to get to know him
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2012, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello clete:

With only TWO guys in the running, I thought it would be easy...

The basement cheating?? It was Mitt Romney, of course... The Lying? It was, of course, Mitt Romney.

Excon
    From your source:

Romney refused to release his returns, and the Massachusetts Democratic Party launched a month-long investigation that backfired. The state Ballot Law Commission ruled unanimously in June that Romney was still eligible to run for governor because he had "never severed his ties to Massachusetts," despite the primary-residency filing in Utah for three years

Read more: Mitt Romney Refused Tax Return Release In 2002 Running For Massachusetts Governor - Business Insider
    As to the basement thing, as long as he didn't vote more than once what's the problem?
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2012, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    As to the basement thing, as long as he didn't vote more than once what's the problem?
    Hello again, Steve:

Yeah, he got away with it, because he AMENDED his returns to reflect what he SAID they said, but didn't. After he amended them, they said what he said they said, but DIDN'T say earlier...

Look, I'm all for a guy who slips and slides around the law. I just don't think he should be president...

But, on to the thread at hand... I think all of the states voter suppression efforts will be heard in total by the Supreme Court and be ruled on BEFORE the election.. I think they'll be overturned, but the damage is already done.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Just your regular voter. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello: I'm a wonk. I live, eat and breathe politics. You guys do too. I heard a statistic on the news today that 1 in 3 voters have YET to make up their minds. Wow. If they haven't made up their minds by now, what is the game changer going to be? Will it be a TV commercial? A personal...

Name Influence In voter ballots? [ 7 Answers ]

Do names influence voters? Would people in the United States feel comfortable with a president called Obama? Isn't the name too close to the possible mispronounciation of "Obey me?" How much do you feel that names influence the presidential election choices here in the USA?

Noise suppression. [ 2 Answers ]

What will be the best approach to be implemented in suppressing noise in a room with different engines located?:cool: :cool: :cool:

Period suppression for PMS? [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone on the board tried period suppression (taking birth control all the time with no 7 day break) for PMS? I've been on the pill for a while now, but in spite of that I have really wicked PMS and periods... bloating, cold sores, soreness, allergy symptoms, cravings, headaches and insomnia...

View more questions Search