Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    79samples82 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 08:12 AM
    Only two babies
    Ok after my cat went into labor last night she only delivered two kittens, this is her first litter & she looked like she was having at least 4-5, is this normal our should I be concerned, I can't afford to go to vet what can I do myself.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 09:55 AM
    OK, if the kittens are "stuck" in her she could die. She needs to see a Vet.

Is she straining?
    79samples82 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    OK, if the kittens are "stuck" in her she could die. She needs to see a Vet.

Is she straining?
    no she seems to be very calm and attending to her baby's, she is not even panting anymore and she's eating again
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jun 27, 2012, 04:52 PM
    An exam of mother should not break the bank and would be worthwhile just to have the vet determine if there are any more kittens. A skilled vet may be able to feel her abdomen to check for more fetuses.
    the only true way to have known how many kittens there were would have been to have her x-rayed and done a kitten count beforehand.
    It could be that it was a small litter but best to check to be sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Last week ultrasound shows 3 babies, now this week only 1 babies, is it possible? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am pregnant, just last week I went for a ultrasound, they saw 3 babies, 1 in one sac, that does not has a heartbeat, and 2 in one sac, 6 and 7 weeks, so they say it is a high risk pregnancy, so I decided to get a abortion, because of the high risk, so I went this week to see a abortion...

Babies [ 3 Answers ]

A few days ago I had a dream, that I was in the hospital and I had given birth to a baby girl and her name was vivid, she was beautiful. Two nights after I dreamed I had two kids a boy and a girl both looked like they were 4 to 5 years old. And I was protecting them from someone whom was trying to...

I don't know if I could have babies [ 1 Answers ]

I would want to know if I was able to get pregnant? Because I have never been pregnant I want to have a baby :o:p

Having babies with someone else [ 15 Answers ]

I have recently found out my husband slept with someone else and she is now pregnant. This was hard enough but now I have found out it is twins. When I approach the subject he withdraws into himself and get I don't know whenever I ask him anything - I just don't know what to do anymore??

I Need Help With My Two Babies [ 6 Answers ]

Hey! I'm married got 2 little cute girls one of them is a year and two months old and the other is almost amonth. I want to know how to take care of them both and take care of the house, the cooking and myself, I don't sleep much cause I don't have time to do all that. My one year old she's...

View more questions Search