Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heating Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Why do I owe the IRS $50 dollars?
    Hello everyone,
    I recently gave my tax information to a CPA and he told me I will probablt owe the IRS about $50.My question is how after paying $600 in taxes on a $6000 401k and also paying $900 in taxes on my regular 1040 form on a taxable income of $4150.I also drew unemployment last year after losing my job due to a Tornado and the taxes there were $800 dollars on an unemployment amount of $6150.How could I possibly owe the IRS $50?
    Thanks so much if anyone can tell me
    Josh sharpton:confused:
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 11, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Who knows? I've heard it said that the american tax system is so complicated and contradictory that there isn't a single human being on the face of the Earth who understands how it works!
    jeffp Posts: 30, Reputation: 7

Feb 11, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Ask this to the CPA who did you taxes. He or she should be willing to walk you through the calculations.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 11, 2007, 10:52 PM
    Yes, definitely make the CPA show you the calculations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computing Margin of Safety in Dollars [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with the following problem in Managerial Accounting: Ronnie's repair shop has a monthly target operating income of $12,000. Variable expenses are 70% of sales, and monthly fixed expenses are $9000. 1. compute the monthly margin of safety in dollars if the shop achieves its income...

I owe IRS backtaxes and I am on SSD [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I am receiving tax bills from the IRS... I am on SSD and that is my only income... What can the IRS do to me?

Margin of safety in dollars [ 1 Answers ]

How do you compute margin of safety in dollars?

I owe to somebody [ 3 Answers ]

I was in moscow 7 years ago. I spent there 5 years. I owe to three of my friends and colleagues. Its been a long time since I had no contact with them as they have now moved to new places and I don't have any contact number and my numbers here have now been changed too so I don't know where they...

View more questions Search