Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2012, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    We have been discussing womans contraceptives. Show me where the president wants to make condoms free, please. I must have missed that one.

30 days until baseball, are we ready? Wheres Ex when you need him.
    Ex is apparently setting it up. But what's the difference, condoms are contraception. You mean you've never heard of women carrying condoms?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 12:39 PM
    So it turns out that the government really doesn't care if children eat healthy lunches.. . well at least lunches the government serves. Here's a new one for you to digest... Pink Slime .

‘Pink slime’ in school lunches: Government is buying 7 million pounds worth - BlogPost - The Washington Post

And to think they take a turkey sandwich away from a kid for this .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 02:23 PM
    You seem to be digging pretty low looking for news tom, nothing comment worthy happening over your way? Surely rick or mitt have said something worth knowing if not hasn't newt put his foot in his mouth lately
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Not digging at all . This is grotesque and completely against the rhetoric coming out of the administration... especially the First Lady .
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 8, 2012, 04:51 PM
    Myth: Ordinary Household Ammonia is Used to Make Some Hamburgers | Meat MythCrushers

I call your opinion, and raise you a FACT.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 05:35 PM
    And of course there is no trace of ammonium hydroxide in the meat after processing... and you can verify that rendered scraps of sinue and non-muscle meat and waste products is not mixed into this concoction that they are feeding kids .BPI makes the product from grinding connective tissue and meat scraps that at one time might have gone for dog food or been discarded.To tell you the truth I don't even feed stuff like this to my dogs . Unbelievable!! Even Micky Ds won't use it!!

I can't believe the hypocrisy here . They are cutting healthy food with byproducts and you call it acceptable . If the Bush Adm had done this we wouldn't have heard the end of it.

And just so we are clear about what we are talking about... this is what is being mixed in the healthy food choices in the school cafeteria .

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2012, 03:28 AM
    That image is from a documentary that is almost 10 years old.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 03:54 AM
    The news isn't that garbage meat is being processed this way. I've know about this for a long time and it's usage in pet food. The news is that the USDA approved the addition of this garbage filler into the healthy school lunch program.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2012, 04:37 AM
    Nope. They don't use that process any more for human food. That happened very shortly after the movie was released in 2008.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 04:45 AM
    And yet the USDA approved the introduction of pink slime into the school lunch program.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2012, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and yet the USDA approved the introduction of pink slime into the school lunch program.
    Absolutely not. I've read the articles and in none of them do they refer to that poultry concoction being added to the school lunch programs. It's a manufactured hysteria, look at Tal's link for facts.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 06:13 AM
    I don't need to look at tal's link... there are a score of links from major news outlets saying that the USDA is permitting the purchase of 7million pounds of food that contains up to 15 % of this concoction for the school lunch program. Poultry ? It's beef by-product we are talking about.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 07:29 AM
    You would think by NK's reaction that this was a Fox News story and not that bastion of liberalism WaPo. I'm really not believing my eyes that tal and NK are justifying this for children's 'healthy' lunches.

I think it's more that NK... wait, how would he put it? He's just attacking anything a conservative says. Over and over again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another nanny state ban? [ 481 Answers ]

The Obama administration is considering nixing potatoes in federal child nutrition programs such as WIC. Really? We're going to ban a fresh vegetable for hungry children?

Window vista update (KB968389) is a bad update, how can I update my vista? [ 2 Answers ]

August 11, 2009 window vista update KB968389 is a bad update for my computer. After trying to install it, my configuration only gets to 3 out of 3 and 0% then keeps on restarting over and over. It won't stop restarting unless I turn my computer off. I had to do a restore to my drives to get it...

W2 for out-of-state nanny [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in DC and employ a nanny who lives in Maryland. Do I need a Maryland employer ID to put on her w2 form? Thanks!

View more questions Search