Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 08:47 AM
    UNIONS ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!!!

The rich guys, banks, and corporations, were bailed out, made whole, and profitable again. Now it's the turn of the ones who have done all that to be made whole, profitable, and bailed out!!

What's unfair about that?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2011, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    UNIONS ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!!!

The rich guys, banks, and corporations, were bailed out, made whole, and profitable again. Now its the turn of the ones who have done all that to be made whole, profitable, and bailed out!!!

Whats unfair about that?
    Unions TAKE money from their members by force... and don't consider the best interest or the wishes of its rank and file where those dues are spent. That's the problem...

And wasting it on Obama and most democrats isn't in the unions best interests nor its rank and file.
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Unions TAKE money from their members by force...and don't consider the best interest or the wishes of its rank and file where those dues are spent. Thats the problem...

And wasting it on Obama and most democrats isn't in the unions best interests nor its rank and file.

Corporations TAKE money from their consumers by force... and don't consider the best interest or the wishes of its customers where those dues are spent. That's the problem...

And wasting it on CEO's and Wall Street isn't in the publics best interests nor its citizens.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2011, 09:26 AM
    Agreed the banks should never've been bailed out.

The President's bill is phoney . He doesn't have the support of his own party in the Legislative branch.. Reid won't even put it up for a vote and Durbin said it was a NO STARTER. Even they know they shouldn't hose the people in an election year.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2011, 09:29 AM
    Corporations TAKE money from their consumers by force...and don't consider the best interest or the wishes of its customers where those dues are spent. Thats the problem...

And wasting it on CEO's and Wall Street isn't in the publics best interests nor its citizens.
    Really... I've worked for many and only a Union has taken money out of my paycheck for their own use.

Corporations taking comsumers money by force? Oh, you are talking about OBAMACARE where the liberals want to make it ILLEGAL to NOT buy something?

Every other situation the Consumer has a choice to not buy something or buy it anyplace else. And if nobody buys it from them , it goes out of business, Unless you have friends in the Obama administration, then they will throw BILLIONS your way.

You can do a lot better than that Tal... I know its Friday, but that was sort of weak.
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Reid and Durbin both know the republican house, and senate republicans, won't vote with them, at least not now. Everything is stalled until Thanksgiving.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2011, 09:50 AM
    Wrong . Durbin said he needs Republican votes to cover for the Dems in the Senate who won't vote for the bill due to the suicidal idea of raising taxes during a recession.

One word of warning to the Dems... remember Walter Mondale... remember GHW Bush.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2011, 09:51 AM
    Even Buffett isn't too hot on Obama's "Buffet rule."

Warren Buffett Does Not Endorse WH's "Buffett Rule"
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2011, 10:09 AM
    Buffett wouldn't be so under taxed if he actually paid the taxes he owes.Berkshire Hathaway owes about $1 billion in back taxes ;and is continuously in dispute with the IRS over it's obligations .
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 10:48 AM
    Buffett: "That's another program that I won't be discussing. My program is to have a tax on ultra-rich people who are paying very low tax rates. Not just all the rich people. It would probably apply to 50,000 people in a population of 300 million."

CNBC: "So that means you disagree with the president on the $250,000?"

Buffett: "No, no. You may disagree with him."

CNBC: "So you agree, $250,000 is the right number?"

Buffett: "I will look at the overall plan that gets submitted to Congress, and which they are voting on, and decide net, “do I like it or do I not like it”. There is no question, there will be parts I'll disagree with."

CNBC: "And are you a supporter of his jobs program right now?"

Buffett: "I am supporter of the action he is trying to get the Congress to join him in taking to really do something, rather than sit there and go in different directions."
    CNBC: "Do you agree with all the details?"

Buffett: "I haven't looked at all the details."
    Good enough for me. And the last time I looked, raising taxes is popular through America. JOBS is the issue.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2011, 11:06 AM
    Good enough for me. And the last time I looked, raising taxes is popular thru America. JOBS is the issue.
    What planet are you living on... NOBODY I now, and I know a lot across all political spectrums... NOBODY thinks they are paying too little in taxes... or throwing money at a problem ever fixes the problem, it only results in even more spending.

Nobody I know is in favor of giving a single dime more to the people who have proven they have ZERO self control on their spending habits.

Nobody that actually pays income taxes that is... and we know nearly 47% pay nothing... maybe it's that same 47% that thinks raising taxes is a good idea... since they aren't going to be the ones paying them either.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2011, 12:09 PM
    smoothy = broken record.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2011, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    smoothy = broken record.
    Can't stand it when I'm right can you?

I suppose if you polled welfare recipients about if their benefits should be doubled... you'd find a lot of support for that too.

However a real poll of those who would actually be expected to PAY for it would be quite the opposite.
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 12:26 PM
    You must be part of that 25% percent that disagree. That makes you a minority doesn't it?
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2011, 12:29 PM
    You must be part of that 25% percent that disagree. That makes you a minority doesn't it?
    I suppose that was one of those Polls that have zero credibility.
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 12:31 PM
    Show me one of yours that's credible. I have yet to see any of them show what you say we should do. NONE!
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2011, 12:40 PM
    Show me one of yours thats credible. I have yet to see any of them show what you say we should do. NONE!!
    YOU claimed there was a poll that said MOST Americans want to pay more taxes.

Was it a "Poll" the white house took among Democrats?

It wasn't me... only idiots want someone to take mopre of their hard earned money. PARTICULARLY when the economy is so bad everyone but a Liberal recipient of the so called "Stimulous package" has to cut back to make ends meet.

The Crappy economy and the ultra high unemployment rates back my side.
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 01:16 PM
    Poll: Raising taxes is an option for S.C. GOP voters | McClatchy

S.C. Republican and Republican-leaning voters do not want cuts to Social Security, Medicare or defense — but they might be willing to pay more taxes to help balance the country's budget, according to a new poll from Winthrop University.

Seventy-three percent of S.C. Republicans who receive Social Security and Medicare benefits say they are not willing to cut those programs in order to balance the budget.

And Republicans now working, who don't yet receive those benefits? More than half say they still are not willing to see their future benefits cut or the retirement age raised.

More than half also say they do not want to see defense spending cut.
    But if those programs can't be cut, what can be done to balance the federal budget?

One option, at least for S.C. Republicans, is to raise taxes.

Forty-seven percent of S.C. Republican and Republican-leaning voters surveyed said they did not think it was possible to balance the budget without a tax increase, while 45 percent said a tax increase is not necessary. Seven percent said they were not sure.

“That is surprising, simply because it goes against the echo chambers and punditry who are constantly saying, 'No Republicans believe in any tax (hikes),' ” said Scott Huffmon, a Winthrop University political science professor and director of The Winthrop Poll.
    Those three federal programs – Social Security, Medicare and defense – make up 53 percent of the 2012 proposed federal budget with its $3.8 trillion in spending, according to the White House Office of Management and Budget. (Also, off the table, presumably, is the $434 million the federal government will pay in interest on the federal debt.)
    This is among REPUBLICANS, so make it easy and tell me a reliable source you believe and then we will look at THEIR poll.

George Allen, Tim Kaine even in college poll - Roanoke.com

By a 3-to-1 margin, voters surveyed said unemployment is a more serious problem than the federal budget deficits. And 55 percent said the rich should pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes.

Nearly two-thirds said the deficit should be reduced through a combination of spending cuts and tax increases.

But majorities said they believe the deficit can be reduced without cutting entitlements such as Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid or other important programs, and without raising taxes on most Americans.

"Virginians clearly want more jobs, even at the cost of short-term deficit increases," Wilson said. "And they think, perhaps incorrectly, that significant deficit reduction can be achieved without broadly shared pain. As in previous polls, residents prefer a combination of budget cuts and tax increases to reduce the deficit."
    I showed you mine, so show me yours.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2011, 03:23 PM
    Obviously one of those polls NOBODY has ever heard of, obviously it wasn't one that is known and respected as being fair and not biased.. Odds are it will trace back to some liberal group they manufacture to "prove" some point or other.

Yeah... COLLEGE Poll... yup poll people that don't have a clue about reality or life (someone in College or recently out of one). OR a real job much less being actual TAXPAYERS.

Yeah... ask someone in the Liberal Indoctrination Center (formerly known as Colleges)... you get a canned liberal answer. Being in college don't mean they have any common sense, or real life knowledge or experience.

Maybe they should poll Rehab centers about drug viewpoints, or prisons about perspectives on crime.
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 03:59 PM
    Talk is cheap, and I have a bunch more links, even from Fox,

Fox News Poll: Voters Say Bad Leadership To Blame For Economy More Than Bad Luck | Fox News

Raising Taxes is Bad -- Except on the Wealthy

Two-thirds of voters (66 percent) think raising taxes during an economic downturn is a bad idea. There’s a wide 39-percentage point partisan gap on this issue: 86 percent of Republicans think it’s a bad idea compared to 47 percent of Democrats.

Independents are three times as likely to say raising taxes in a down economy is a bad idea (67 percent) as to say it’s a good idea (22 percent).

That said, 57 percent of voters think it is a good idea to tax the wealthiest Americans more because it will help grow the economy and reduce the deficit.

Yet most doubt the tax increases recently proposed by President Obama will be used to reduce the deficit. By a 61-26 percent margin, voters think that money would primarily be used to fund more government spending.

And neither side is winning the class warfare argument, as the economic policies of Obama (53 percent) and Republicans (51 percent) are about equally likely to be seen as encouraging conflict between the classes.

Read more: Fox News Poll: Voters Say Bad Leadership To Blame For Economy More Than Bad Luck | Fox News
    Come on guy, that's 3 links backing what I have been saying. Now where is your FACTS, we have heard the rants. Many times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Country First - snicker, guffaw, BWA ha ha ha. [ 45 Answers ]

Hello wingers: If 72 year old John McCain held his country first, why would he choose a neophyte to be his running mate? I'll tell you why. Because she appeals to his base - not his country. He's doing this because he wants to win. That means ME FIRST, country second. In fact, if you look...

Up Coming Debates [ 4 Answers ]

I heard on TV that there will be a couple of televised debates upcoming before the Michigan(?) or Nevada(?) or So.Carolina, elections, but I didn't write down the dates. Can anyone tell me when these debates are? I feel certain both debates are this coming week. Cordially, :)

Debates galore! [ 31 Answers ]

This is a discussion purely for arguing with each other. Do whatever, just be a good sport about it. Second question: "Should you go out of your way to help people who bury their own graves?" Here would be an example of the preceding question: "A person drinks, does all sorts of drugs,...

Input: When Debates Erupt [ 29 Answers ]

Ok, let's hear y'all's input. Asker asks for opinions and users give them. ... then members get into a debate over who's right and who's wrong (remember, the asker is asking for opinions). Recognizing the goal of the site to be a repository of answers, how far should these debates be...

View more questions Search