Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2011, 02:00 PM

I'm was convinced the rank and file ;given the options would agree. Except it was pointed out to me that under rules established ,tenured employees would not get the ax. So they really have nothing to lose by playing hardball.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 08:05 AM

He was elected to do just what he's doing, what he said he would do. Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day he won, Obama needs to tend to his own mess, the AWOL democrats need get over their condescending attitude toward the new governor and face the music.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 09:26 AM

I can't post the last one here. Good to see the left has toned down the rhetoric after blaming the right for the Giffords shooting.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 09:42 AM

You forgot the ones with Walker in the crosshairs.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 09:59 AM

excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2011, 11:00 AM

Hello again,

Those leftwing bastards...

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 12:38 PM

University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health ,and the University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation will investigate physicians that were issuing fraudulent doctors 'sick notes' for teachers who attended anti-Walker rallies instead of teaching their students as they are paid to do .What they did was a violation of their contract.

News: Statement Regarding UW Health Physicians, UW Health, University of Wisconsin Hospital, Madison
    Waiting for The state Medical Examining Board of the Department of Regulation and Licensing to follow suit. Not a good way to begin their medical career by creating fraudulent unethical documents .
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    for teachers who attended anti-Walker rallies instead of teaching their students as they are paid to do .What they did was a violation of their contract.
    Hello again, tom:

Yeah, the authorities told us to go back to school in '68 too. But, we didn't listen. Instead we stopped a war, brought down a president, and changed the world..

Same thing this time.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 02:59 PM

Do you think that the 60s revolution was a success ? Most of the counter-culture types of your era became the greedy yuppies of conspicuous consumption of the 1980s ;the very thing they rebelled against.
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 03:35 PM
    Do you think that the 60s revolution was a success ?
    Hello again, tom:

Nothing lasts.. One of the Tea Party's favorite phrases is,. the seeds of liberty need to be replenished every now and then... or something like that. The 60's was then.. This is now.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 05:04 PM

FIre every teacher who is not showing up for work. THat constitutes an Illegal strike... and you can be fired.

Submit a fraudulent doctors excuse... thats a fraudulant act... and can be fired.

Public servants should not be allowed to organise. THey don't earn anyone a profit... the suck taxpayers dry. And its really nothing more than a glorified mugging of the taxpayers. Because they aren't earning a profit for the taxpayers. Unlike union workers of the private business sector.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 22, 2011, 06:48 PM

Government workers are tax payers too!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Government workers are tax payers too!
    How much do they earn for the taxpayers if they are paid by the taxpayers? Answer... Nothing, they are a net burden. And they hardly pay their own salaries.

Its like the police running a shakedown racket on their own beats.
    Expert

Feb 22, 2011, 09:21 PM

Then fire them all, and save money, and pick up your own garbage, clean, your own highways, after a blizzard, quit your job, and educate your own kids, protect your own city, put out your own fires, inspect your own houses, secure your own buildings, repair your own power lines, and maintain your own parks, get your own drivers license, clean up your own traffic accidents, fill your own pot holes, and guard your own felons.

Boy with the savings from all those useless government workers, we wouldn't have to pay taxes. You convinced me, they don't earn a dime for the taxpayers. Fire the bums!
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2011, 03:11 AM

Their work is important .
    That is not an excuse for them to have some elevated position where they get better benefit packages than their counterpart in the private sector. Or do you think the work the private sector worker does is of less value ? Let the public service workers grow their own food , build their own houses , build and fix their own appliances... it goes on and on . Both sector have jobs because their services are needed. But these unions have taken union dues collected by the State for them... paid off politicians to approve budget busting collective bargaining agreements that the states and local governments can no longer afford .
    EVERYONE else in the country have had to make cut backs and sacrifices including their fellow union members in the private sector. It's time for them to put up.
    Expert

Feb 23, 2011, 06:46 AM

The Wisconsin union workers agree with you, but since the governor won't acknowledge their willingness to take MORE cuts in benefits, and wants MORE than just money, we have a problem.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2011, 06:49 AM
    EVERYONE else in the country have had to make cut backs and sacrifices including their fellow union members in the private sector. It's time for them to put up.
    Hello again, tom:

I thought we were talking about the 600 lb. gorilla in the room... Of course, the Wisconsin union HAS put up. They've CONCEDED their union demands. They only want to remain a union - not a social club.

It's actually time for Walker to STOP trying to bust the union.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2011, 06:54 AM

Sorry . Let the unions collect dues themselves and justify to the rank and file why their dues are going to line the pockets of politicians .
    I'll go a step further . Let all states have 'right to work ' laws and end this encroachment on workers choice once and for all.

Why should Walker bend ? The real issue here is benefits... and even if they concede now ;it could still come up on the table at a later date. He is willing to have salary subject to collective bargaining... but that isn't what's bankrupting local governments .
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2011, 07:19 AM
    I'll go a step further . Let all states have 'right to work ' laws and end this encroachment on workers choice once and for all.

Why should Walker bend ? The real issue here is benefits... and even if they concede now ;it could still come up on the table at a later date. He is willing to have salary subject to collective bargaining ...but that aint what's bankrupting local governments .
    Hello again, tom:

You're a very good Republican for thinking that way.

But, the problem I have is the state negotiating these benefits (they didn't HAVE to), and then passing a law to repudiate what they already agreed to.

IF it's bankrupting local governments, WHO in local government agreed to it?? WHY is it just ONE side who's to blame?? That's the problem I have with Republicans... You don't want to stick to your agreements... That ain't right.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2011, 07:34 AM

Yeah it's real unusual for laws to change and deals broken by government . :rolleyes:

I opened an IRA under one set of rules . The money I put in it sits there now under a different set of rules. My boss started his business under one set of rules that has been modified by the government hundreds of times since.

Suddenly because it affects unions the law is written on stone tablets ?

There are many states without any collective bargaining arrangement with public employees. The Wisconsin public workers will just have to adjust to work rules that the rest of the country lives under. The alternatives is huge layoffs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First year choice, residents choice [ 5 Answers ]

I saw a similar question, but since my situation is a little different, I would like to be sure please. I was on H1-B from 2005 to February 2008. I then switched to F1 and was on F1 until end September 2009, when I went back to H1-B. Under substantial presence test, I was a resident for 2008...

Werewolves in Wisconsin [ 7 Answers ]

I just recently found out that there are werewolves in Wisconsin and I want to hear from somebody who has seen them and tell me what they look like and if they ever had any mental deseas in their family

Getting out of my Lease in Wisconsin [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question about getting out of my lease. I live in Wisconsin and recently sign a lease for a year. I am having problems with my landlords, They have been saying things and then backing out on them. I made the mistake by not getting anything in writing, but I am tired of dealing with them. I...

View more questions Search