Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 26, 2009, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    seams to me that instead of hunting Bin Laden you fellows would be better served by sidelining your prolific mystery writers, you would no longer be giving ideas to the enemy who must be totally devoid of imagination, but then I guess anyone who would pray the same prayer five times an day for the whole of his life is devoid of imagination:confused:
    That's an interesting perspective.

Orthodox Jews who pray 3 times a day say essentially the same three prayers each time... at least the major prayer, the Amidah (aka Shemonah Esrei) is the same one for all three services.

And yet, interestingly enough, Jews are also some of the most imaginative people on the planet. I think that Jews have more Nobel, Pulitzer and other major awards for imaginative, productive and problem-solving actions than any other group in the world.

I would argue that Kurds, who are also Muslim and also pray 5 times per day, are some of the hardest working, imaginative, problem-solving, high-work-ethic people in the whole world. (Which is why we ought to be supporting them over the Iraqis and the Iranians any day of the week.) Turks are also mostly Muslim and pray 5 times per day too, and also, for the most part, share the same work ethic and imagination and inventiveness of the Kurds.

I wonder why you connect prayer to a lack of imagination?

I personally connect the Arab Mentality to a lack of imagination, but it has nothing to do with prayer. Because others with similar prayer requirements in their religions do not share the same lack of imagination.

As a point of interest, The Hunt For Red October was published AFTER the incident that got Congress in an uproar, which means that Clancy didn't influence the events at all.

Weber's book, while written before 9/11, was actually published AFTER, and so it also didn't influence anyone.

And frankly, I don't think that OBL reads Clancy. Clancy has a tendency to make his Muslim badguys into stereotypical villains (even more so than his Cold War-Era badguys). So much so that at least one Clancy movie changed the badguys from Muslims to European terrorists in order to be PC. I don't think that OBL would read the works of sombody that was so unPC toward Muslims.

Just a thought.

Elliot
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 03:18 PM
    No sense of humour
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    That's an interesting perspective.

Orthodox Jews who pray 3 times a day say essentially the same three prayers each time... at least the major prayer, the Amidah (aka Shemonah Esrei) is the same one for all three services.

And yet, interestingly enough, Jews are also some of the most imaginative people on the planet. I think that Jews have more Nobel, Pulitzer and other major awards for imaginative, productive and problem-solving actions than any other group in the world.

I would argue that Kurds, who are also Muslim and also pray 5 times per day, are some of the hardest working, imaginative, problem-solving, high-work-ethic people in the whole world. (Which is why we ought to be supporting them over the Iraqis and the Iranians any day of the week.) Turks are also mostly Muslim and pray 5 times per day too, and also, for the most part, share the same work ethic and imagination and inventiveness of the Kurds.

I wonder why you connect prayer to a lack of imagination?

I personally connect the Arab Mentality to a lack of imagination, but it has nothing to do with prayer. Because others with similar prayer requirements in their religions do not share the same lack of imagination.

As a point of interest, The Hunt For Red October was published AFTER the incident that got Congress in an uproar, which means that Clancy didn't influence the events at all.

Weber's book, while writen before 9/11, was actually published AFTER, and so it also didn't influence anyone.

And frankly, I don't think that OBL reads Clancy. Clancy has a tendency to make his Muslim badguys into stereotypical villains (even moreso than his Cold War-Era badguys). So much so that at least one Clancy movie changed the badguys from Muslims to European terrorists in order to be PC. I don't think that OBL would read the works of sombody that was so unPC toward Muslims.

Just a thought.

Elliot
    Here is another though, you are devoid of a sense of humour, you fail to see when an ironic statement is being made. I think we call that AR where I come from

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath room mirrors [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: why do mirrors lose their reflective backing over time?:

Convex mirrors [ 3 Answers ]

A dedicated sports car enthusiast polishes the inside and outside surfaces of a hubcap that is a section of a sphere. When he looks into one side of the hubcap, he sees an image of his face 30.0cm in back of it. He then turns the hubcap over, keeping it the same distance from his face. He now sees...

Bathroom mirrors [ 2 Answers ]

We have a large bathroom mirror that has probably been attached to the wall for approx, twelve years. It is about seven feet wide, and three and a half feet tall. How does one go about removing it. Or, is this a job whereby you call in a contractor? It appears that it is attached by adhesive, or...

Working On Mirrors [ 4 Answers ]

I Need To Cut Some Mirrors And Also Cut/drill Some Holes In Them. What Tools Do I Need To Do This And How Do I Do It?

Fogged mirrors [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the bathroom mirror become fogged while you are taking a shower?

View more questions Search