Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 12:21 AM
    Rowdy members
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    My favorite part of your system is your floor debates . Here is the US they complain about "civility " at Town Hall meetings and you have no problem with simular hooting ,shouting ,loud and rowdy in your face rhetoric by your MPs in debate . I say good for you . The pretext of comity and bipartisanship by our Congress ...especially in the Senate is rediculous .
    Yes, but quite frequently a member is asked to leave the chamber, particularly when he impunes the integrity of the Speaker and sometimes they are forcibly removed.

Perhaps your chambers lack what we call previledge, but you only see what is called question time, at other times the parliament is sedate with only a few benches occupied, one from each party to hear the debate, every thing is decided in committee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BRAVO Aussies ! [ 20 Answers ]

Good job by the Aussie Senate which defeated Cap and trade Legislation ,putting jobs ahead of token environmental gestures.Australia is a major coal user and exported and such a move would have a negative impact on the mining industry. BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Australia emissions plan...

To the Aussies . Happy Anzac Day [ 6 Answers ]

Belated... it was Saturday.. It is the equivalent of the US Memorial Day in Australia and New Zealand commemorating soldiers who fought at the Gallipoli battle in WWI ,and all Aussie and New Zealand soldiers . God Bless the Diggers. YouTube - The Seekers - I am Australian(1993) ...

Is there a legal ramafication for an ex-spouse to forge my name on a check? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex wife is living in our home under the court order of use and possession; during this time the house was broken into. The insurance company issued a check in both of our names, to replace HER stolen property. She without my knowledge or permission forged my name on the check. The bank said...

Should I Go ahead or not [ 10 Answers ]

OK,this is something like a very unusual story.4 years ago someone broke my heart and I was really devastated then .and I thought I would never get a girl like her in my life. But 3 months ago there was a girl I met I fell for her at the first sight.She is kind of my student.I told my colleague...

View more questions Search