Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 14, 2009, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello El:

Yes, I am, as any red blooded American should be...

But, let's look a little further into your position.... You evidently DON'T mind the CIA gathering ALL of your correspondence, but you're bummed that Obama wants people to snitch...

In fact, that is the most ridiculous thing you've ever said... And, you've said plenty.

Go ahead. I want you to tell me how it's fine for the government to READ your email, but what Obama wants to do is bad....

Now, I know you'll say, the CIA doesn't actually read 'em, therefore it's ok.... Stupid, stupid, stupid....

excon
    You are still not reading my posts.

The CIA isn't reading my e-mail, or yours, or anyone else's. They have access to it, but they ain't using that information. They're never even SEEING that information.

Whereas Obama is deliberately looking for people to snitch so that he can take PUNITIVE ACTIONS against the offenders.

HUGE difference.

I'm surprised that you're OK with Obama actually having information about you, but are against the CIA having some e-mails buried in a computer somewhere that they will never look at it.

Actually, I'm not that surprised. You're a lib. Government GOOD, cops and intelligence agents BAD.

Elliot
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Your a lib. Government GOOD, cops and intelligence agents BAD.
    This is very silly. Cops and intelligence are the government.

Anyway, practically every other website on the internet already places cookies on your computer. If you don't like them, delete them every few minutes or set your browser to not accept any cookies. And if you want to fret about data collection, look at Google. This thing about cookies is too bad but about as shocking as a gum wrapper on the sidewalk.

I don't think you have any evidence that Obama is going to go after honest citizens for speaking their minds. That was more a Bush-era thing--like firing those seven federal prosecutors for failing to carry out the administration's political agenda.

Aug 14, 2009, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post
    This is very silly. Cops and intelligence are the government.
    Of course they are. That was the point I was making. Excon trusts the government but DOESN'T trust the CIA or the police. You tell me how that makes sense.

Anyway, practically every other website on the internet already places cookies on your computer. If you don't like them, delete them every few minutes or set your browser to not accept any cookies. And if you want to fret about data collection, look at Google. This thing about cookies is too bad but about as shocking as a gum wrapper on the sidewalk.

I don't think you have any evidence that Obama is going to go after honest citizens for speaking their minds. That was more a Bush-era thing--like firing those seven federal prosecutors for failing to carry out the administration's political agenda.
    I am NOT going to get into that argument now. Suffice it to say that you are wrong about those judges.

Elliot
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Of course they are. That was the point I was making. Excon trusts the government but DOESN'T trust the CIA or the police. You tell me how that makes sense.
    Hello again, El:

Yet trusting the cop part of the government, and NOT trusting the rest, DOES make sense...

DUDE!

excon
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 09:42 AM
    Yet trusting the cop part of the government, and NOT trusting the rest, DOES make sense...

DUDE!

excon
    Hehe!

Aug 14, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Hello again, El:

DUDE!

excon
    I don't trust either one of them. I don't trust the government at all. That's why I'm not in favor of this bill. I see no reason that we should be handing over MORE authority to a government I don't trust.

You apparently have no problem handing PART of the government that authority, just not the other part. That is the only way to justify supporting this bill as you do.

On the other hand, I know the difference beetween cops and intelligence officials doing their jobs and preventing attacks on our country, and a bunch of greedy members of Congress out for a power grab. I don't trust either one of them... but I sure know which ones I trust LESS.

Elliot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If someone snitches on me? [ 1 Answers ]

If someone new I was doing something illegal and told the authorities... yet they search me and find nothing at all... am I liable to any trouble?

Is Obama The One? [ 27 Answers ]

Check this, if you dare: He ventured forth to bring light to the world | Gerard Baker - Times Online

WHY does Obama say uh so much [ 42 Answers ]

Obama Says "Uhh" 144 Times in Eleven Minutes during Press Conference - Video Link 6/16/08 His past uh, uh, um, uh's were nothing compared to lately. ... and to think how Bush was criticized for not being a good speaker! Anyway I was listening to the radio today and they said he said uh...

Why Didn't Obama Tell Us This Before? [ 11 Answers ]

Now, this news article IS truly revealing and speaks volumes about Obama! Obamaites, here, take a good look at your superhero and read all about it! Why hadn't Obama revealed this little gem of a conversation he had with Wright, umm? Why did Wright bring it out finally at this time? What do you...

So what has Obama done ? [ 49 Answers ]

A new bill that is co-sponsored by Barak Obama and Democrat Senators Maria Cantwell, Dianne Feinstein, Richard Lugar, Richard Durbin, Chuck Hagel and Robert Menendez will increase foreign aid by the United States to a level that the UN dictates . Sugar coating it with a name no one could object to...

View more questions Search