Aug 5, 2009, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Sorry, try this one.

A BINGO greenie :D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2009, 08:21 AM

Hello in:

The right is good at politicking. They're out organizing the Dems, like they did in Florida when President Gore got cheated.

Now, if only they could get what they're politicking about right, we'd be in good shape.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello in:

The right is good at politicking. They're out organizing the Dems, like they did in Florida when President Gore got cheated.

Now, if only they could get what they're politicking about right, we'd be in good shape.

excon
    You mean like when the Dems did when they got control of Congress in 2006, 2008 and Obama. And if only they could get what they're politicking about right, we'd be in good shape.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 5, 2009, 02:35 PM

Arthur B. Laffer: Obama's Health-Care Proposals Won't Make Health-Care Better - WSJ.com

The health-care wedge is an economic term that reflects the difference between what health-care costs the specific provider and what the patient actually pays. When health care is subsidized, no one should be surprised that people demand more of it and that the costs to produce it increase. Mr. Obama's health-care plan does nothing to address the gap between the price paid and the price received. Instead, it's like a negative tax: Costs rise and people demand more than they need.

This is exactly the point I was making.

And Ex, to me this neither about conservative or liberal, but it is about what is right.

I agree more with a Daschle scenario to determine what healthcare measures are cost effective for the population as a whole.
    That is why government intervention in healthcare should be limited to PREVENTATIVE measures. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Epidemiological studies point out that a more educated and a higher standard of living is better for the health of the nation. Government's role should be in in those areas not direct healthcare subsidies of ACUTE care. That should be left to private sector, and might I say NON-PROFIT companies at that.

G&P
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    There is talk about PREVENTITIVE health care. We all know this makes sense. Don't smoke, don't drink to excess, don't become obese, exercise regularly, eat a low fat diet, reduce stress, get enough sleep etc.

How is government healthcare using our tax money going to make an someone [ for example some overweight smoking couch potato ] CHANGE BEHAVIOR?

So how is the government going to regulate couch potatoes and smokers and junk food addicts? Simple. The Couch Police, The Smoker Police and my favorite the Junk Food Police.

In some countries where they have the universal health care plan it took many years to get it where it actually works. And they actually have a tax on stuff like candy and chocolate that goes to the health plan fund.

Maybe we can put up some donation cans at McDonalds and Burger King and collect some money for Obamacare? Say a $10 donation for every Big Mac and fries or $10 for a Whopper and fries.

I don't think the cash for clunkers was anything other than some sort of government slush fund scam. Why has no money been sent to the dealers?

Does anyone know just whose brilliant(?) idea that was in the first place?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2009, 05:37 PM

At least this money went to the right place. The people and not the corporate crooks.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2009, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    At least this money went to the right place. The people and not the corporate crooks.
    What people? More like the government crooks in action again.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2009, 07:00 PM

People buying cars get the money.

Better than the crooked banking execs getting the money and taking a trip to the Bahamas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cash for clunkers [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 mustang that's been wrecked but is drivable can I trade it in on the cash for clunkers?

Healthcare Law [ 5 Answers ]

Does a patient have the legal right to view their chart while in the hospital if they request it? Thanks in advance.

Healthcare versus non healthcare business planss [ 1 Answers ]

What is important in a healthcare business plan that is not ordinarily included in a non-healthcare plan?

No Healthcare? [ 54 Answers ]

What percentage of Americans are without healthcare?

View more questions Search