Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

May 17, 2009, 01:46 PM

I don't think 'Bama is cool.

Every time he opens his mouth, things heat up.
    Karmababy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 08:30 PM

Cool? And killing babies is cool too? Scuse me while I vomit.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 18, 2009, 03:08 PM

Obama, and Protests, at Notre Dame - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

A few moments later, another single protester began shouting “Abortion is murder.” The crowd erupted with loud boos directed at the heckler and then broke into loud chanting of Mr. Obama’s campaign slogan, “Yes, we can.”

That is not cool, BUT REVOLTING !

G&P
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 04:09 PM
    Yes we can... murder ?

During his address he recognized there were what he called 'irreconcilable differences ' about abortion (still the local rag said he bridged the gap...whatever that means. )

“The fact is that at some level, the views of the two camps are irreconcilable.”

Here is a guy who thinks he can find moderate Taliban to negotiate with but can't find common ground with over 50 % of the population that opposes abortions.

I guess he will... in an effort to be more "open minded "... tone down the rhetoric about women being punished with pregnancy .
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Here is a guy who thinks he can find moderate Taliban to negotiate with but can't find common ground with over 50 % of the population that opposes abortions.
    That's the problem.. You want the common ground he finds to be your 50%'s common ground. The other 50%'s ground doesn't get a look in.
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 02:19 AM

Not true. There was a constitutional way to deal with the issue. But the black robed ,appointed for life oligarchs usurped it and forced their decision on the whole nation.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 05:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post
    That's the problem.. You want the common ground he finds to be your 50%'s common ground. The other 50%'s ground doesn't get a look in.
    Nope, Obama is speaking from a position of being in power, with Democrats controlling both houses, a coming Supreme Court vacancy, being able to appoint other federal judges on an issue that's "settled" law. The left ain't budging and the GOP is already arguing over some alleged "need" to be more open minded about abortion. I guarantee the only common ground he seeks is for everyone to move towards his view... even in spite of the new surveys that finally show a majority of Americans are pro-life.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 19, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post

For the unborn that are killed, what common ground can they share with the abortionists?

G&P
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 01:58 PM

The Coolest President ever. I didn't know I got elected :p
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    The Coolest President ever. I didn't know I got elected :p
    You just might be cooler than Obama.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

May 27, 2009, 03:40 AM
    I guess he will... in an effort to be more "open minded "... tone down the rhetoric about women being punished with pregnancy .
    [/QUOTE]How many times you been pregnant Tom?
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 04:03 AM

Why is that relevant ? Are you saying that because I can't experience pregnancy that I am therefore disqualified to have an opinion ? If that is true then where is the legitimacy to Obama's opinions on pregnancy ?

May 27, 2009, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    why is that relevent ? Are you saying that because I can't experience pregnancy that I am therefore disqualified to have an opinion ? If that is true then where is the legitimacy to Obama's opinions on pregnancy ?
    Because your view does not give a woman a say so over her own body and Obama's does. He is not dictating what you are to do. He leaves it up to you. It's called a choice. Personally, I would be hard pressed to have an abortion. There would have to be an extremely compelling reason.

But, I am not about to make my choice be someone else's choice. I don't understand why anyone thinks they have the right to make someone else's decision over something so personal. I want to see all the anti abortion people foot the bill,take the baby, and raise it, Just line up at the abortion clinic and enter this contract with a pregnant woman. THEN, you can insert your opinion. Are you ready to do that?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 05:23 AM
    Cozy, you are being unfair, there is a distinct possibility that Tom has a uterus.
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 07:24 AM
    I wonder how many abortion supporters believed the state should have gone after the mom and son who just ran from chemo. You know have some say over his body.

Personally I think any woman that uses that "I want the say over my body" to justify abortion is pretty darn selfish - you aren't giving the child a chance and in many cases of consensual intercourse aren't giving the other party to your pregnancy a say. It's no wonder liberated women are less happy.

May 27, 2009, 07:39 AM

Speech, are you one of those that will take and raise the baby that results from the unwanted pregnancy or are you just going to talk the talk?
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Speech, are you one of those that will take and raise the baby that results from the unwanted pregnancy or are you just going to talk the talk?
    I would take the baby in a heartbeat.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I wonder how many abortion supporters believed the state should have gone after the mom and son who just ran from chemo. You know have some say over his body.
    Hello again, Steve:

If it was HER body we're talking about here, I would agree with you... But, it ain't. It's her kid, and he's brainwashed with his mothers garbage.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 07:58 AM
    What's stopping you from being a foster parent or adopting children then?

May 27, 2009, 08:02 AM
    FANTASTIC! Get more people like you and get busy. I'm sure there are lots of women out there that can't afford the pregnancy care, aren't at a place in their lives, where a baby makes sense, would bring a baby into a bad situation, have birth defects that a birth mom doesn't believe she could give the child the special care it would need, are victims of rape or worse, have accidentally gotten pregnant when they were too young or even too old.
    You may have to take many babies. Are you ready for that? Are your spouse and other family members ready for that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best president [ 20 Answers ]

Who gets your vote as the best U.S. president during the past 50 years? Why?

President [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible for Bill clinton to become president again?

If you were president [ 9 Answers ]

If you were president what would you do to fix the Untied States problems.

President beliefs [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, so I can't really find anything on what these presidents believed in politicaly, so yeah could u help me out? Name- Political Beliefs- George Washington- _____________ John Adams- _____________ Thomas Jefferson- _____________ James Madison- _____________ James Monroe- _____________...

View more questions Search