Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Terrorist from Al-Gebra arrested
    At New York's Kennedy airport today, an individual, later discovered to be a public school teacher, was arrested trying to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a setsquare, a slide rule, and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-Gebra movement. He is being charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

“Al-gebra is a fearsome cult, ”Gonzales said. They desire average solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in a search of absolute value.

They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as unknowns, but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, “There are 3 sides to every triangle.”

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said, “If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes.”

:D
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Oh yea, they tried to get me into that Al-Gebra cult back in high school. I told them they were a bunch of fanatics and to bug off man. I'm glad I did... what with all this new information that has been uncovered. I'm with Bush on this one.

Well Rick, that skirt may be wide but somehow I get the feeling we are not getting "all" of the story. Therefore, I keep looking up there for answers.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2006, 11:08 AM
    I think I saw that guy, he was talking in hushes tones about axes and quadratic something or other. He tried to get me all brainwashed and wanted me to cosine something - no way, not without a lawyer present! Then he took off on a tangent and said it was irrational.

Crazy man.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Sep 1, 2006, 04:38 PM
    I wonder what the charges measure up to be? ;)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2006, 10:09 PM
    Yea, and then they tried to bribe me with pie but you can imagine my consternation when I realized it was'nt even real pi!
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Sep 2, 2006, 06:35 AM
    They'd better have a good union, (or at least an intersection) ;)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2011, 06:01 AM

Haha, this old joke is circulating again, but the end now reads

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Obama said, 'If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, he would have given us more fingers and toes.'

White House aides told reporters they could not recall a more intelligent or
    profound statement by the President - It is believed that another Nobel Prize will follow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are we a terrorist [ 28 Answers ]

I read most time that usa asking why arabs hate us and they spend money to change that , and that really make me surprise . I am an arab man and I wish that I was american and my big dream now when I am 37 years old that I can visit New York the city that I love even for one week. And every one...

What's the definition of a Terrorist? [ 55 Answers ]

Terrorist "adj : characteristic of someone who employs terrorism (especially as a political weapon); a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities" Source: WordNet ® 2.0, ©...

View more questions Search