Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 02:44 AM
    The terrorist
    Last April, in an attempt to kill the U.S.-Colombia Free Trade Promotion Agreement, House Democrats removed a requirement that would have brought the bill up for a vote within a specific period. This underhanded method of keeping the bill from reaching the White House on President Bush's watch was the brainchild of Rep. James McGovern (D-MA).

Now, the capture of a terrorist's computer has shed some light on McGovern's possible motivation for stiffing the United States' closest South American ally.

On 1 March, the Colombian Army attacked a camp in Ecuador belonging to FARC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia), a Marxist-Leninist terrorist organization that is trying to overthrow the capitalist government. FARC leader Raul Reyes was killed, and his laptop computer was captured. Colombia turned the laptop over to Interpol, whose computer forensics lab confirmed that the 37,872 files on the computer's hard drive were legitimate and had not been tampered with or created by the Colombian government. The files were a veritable smoking gun, indicating that FARC had (among other things) bought 60 pounds of uranium; that they were interested in building a dirty bomb; that Hugo Chavez had offered $300 million and Russian weapons to the terrorist organization; that FARC was responsible for numerous assassinations and bombings; that FARC had met with “gringos” about Barack Obama; and that FARC had links with a certain Democrat from Massachusetts... named James McGovern.

Indeed, it seems that FARC was trying to do business with McGovern. At the time Reyes' laptop was captured, McGovern was using a go-between to offer the congressman's services to FARC as a person of influence in America. The intermediary admits that he wrote some of the letters found on the captured laptop, but he excuses his actions on the basis that it is “a mistake to isolate [FARC].” McGovern also attempted to excuse his treachery, saying that “we need to find an interlocutor who could discuss these things including the safe haven” for FARC

So there you have it: Representative McGovern wants to make sure that Colombia gives a terrorist organization “safe haven.” Not only that, but he did FARC's communists a huge favor by masterminding the holdup of a capitalist free-trade agreement.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Well that's good enough for me. Let's attack. We can even slip over into Venezuela while we are there and install a central bank to put all of our newly acquired oil money in. Then there will be one less "Axis Of Evil" country to worry about. Let's Roll!
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 10:44 AM
    If that don't beat all, it's “a mistake to isolate [FARC]” and we need to provide them a "safe haven.” By all means, let's bring all the maniacal dictators and terrorists into the fold - it's far worse to isolate them than trust them or just leave them be. Hezbollah, al-Qaida, Ahmadinejad, Syria, the Norks et al. let's have them bring their nukes, RPG's, IED's and suicide vests on over and have a cookout for the Fourth of July. No pork ribs and only all-beef hot dogs of course - kosher variety not necessary.

With McGovern's torpedoing free trade with an ally to help the rebels, Madame Speaker's mideast tour, Obama's unconditional talks, the NY Times unveiling national security programs, the left's psychological warfare against Bush and success in Iraq, Carter's demonizing of Israel, courtship of Hamas and now his unveiling of Israeli secrets, one should finally begin to wonder where in the hell the Democrats' allegiance lies. They darn sure aren't doing anything to protect my family.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Don't forget this either : Feds: Saddam Financed Lawmakers' Trip
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Don't forget this either : Feds: Saddam Financed Lawmakers' Trip
    "Obviously, we didn't know it at the time," McDermott spokesman Michael DeCesare said Wednesday. "The trip was to see the plight of the Iraqi children. That's the only reason we went."
    LOL, obviously. Darned if DeCesare wasn't right about the reason for going, but that wasn't the original story in 2002.

"First of all," said Bonior, explaining the objectives of the trip, "we wanted to impress upon the Iraqi government and the people of Iraq how important it was for them to allow unconditional, unfettered, unrestricted access to the inspectors.

"The purpose of our trip was to make it very clear, as I said in my opening statement, to the officials in Iraq how serious we--the United States is about going to war and that they will have war unless these inspections are allowed to go unconditionally and unfettered and open. And that was our point. And that was in the best interest of not only Iraq, but the American citizens and our troops. And that's what we were emphasizing. That was our primary concern--that and looking at the humanitarian situation."

But if the return of inspectors was the "first" and "primary" purpose of the trip on October 2, it wasn't quite as important on September 25. In the joint press release all three congressmen issued before their trip, posted on each of their websites, there were many stated goals, and plenty of criticism of U.S. saber rattling and pounding of war drums. But there was no mention of inspections at all.
    Asked how he felt about being used as propaganda against the country he "serves"serves"represents," McDermott said, "If being used means that we're highlighting the suffering of Iraqi children, or any children, then, yes, we don't mind being used."

What kind of mindset does it take for an American congressman to not mind being a useful idiot for the enemy?
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Obama apparently has the endorsement of another dictator, Castro is giving him the nod.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

May 27, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Ever since JFK threaten the Cuban dictator by blowing his island country to smithereens, Castro knows he kissing Democrat tuchus. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terrorist from Al-Gebra arrested [ 6 Answers ]

At New York's Kennedy airport today, an individual, later discovered to be a public school teacher, was arrested trying to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a setsquare, a slide rule, and a calculator. At a morning press conference, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales...

Terrorist attacks [ 5 Answers ]

Do you think a terrorist attack is going to happen soon? Thanks your opinions are greatly appreciated!:)

Are we a terrorist [ 28 Answers ]

I read most time that usa asking why arabs hate us and they spend money to change that , and that really make me surprise . I am an arab man and I wish that I was american and my big dream now when I am 37 years old that I can visit New York the city that I love even for one week. And every one...

What's the definition of a Terrorist? [ 55 Answers ]

Terrorist "adj : characteristic of someone who employs terrorism (especially as a political weapon); a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities" Source: WordNet ® 2.0, ©...

View more questions Search