Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 10:27 AM
    News Flash: Even some conservatives support a free press!
    You know the tide has turned when conservatives refuse to go along with the Bush Administration.

From Places Unexpected, Support For the Press

A federal shield law passed the House last year by a veto-proof margin of 398 to 21, with a conservative Republican — Representative Mike Pence of Indiana — leading the effort.

“What’s a conservative like me doing passing a bill that helps reporters?” Mr. Pence asked in the House debate last year. The answer, he said, came from his belief that “the only check on government power in real time is a free and independent press.”
    Imagine that!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Thankfully it came from the New York Times who are in no way the driving force behind the liberal media and have never had an agenda against the Republican party or actual conservatives in general.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 10:54 AM
    An independent and free press no longer exists in this country so what's the point anyway?
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    An independent and free press no longer exists in this country so whats the point anyway?
    Agreed.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 11:22 AM
    I think you guys missed the sarcasm is the original post.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I think you guys missed the sarcasm is the original post.
    Got me there, I didn't get it. From places Unexpected, I get it now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Save Streaming Flash Video for Free? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a free way to save or download long streaming videos on websites? They are being played by Adobe Flash Player 9. I have WM Recorder but the free version is limietd to 5 minutes. I also have Orbit which works for YouTube & MySpace but not for these general sites that use Adobe. Any...

Conservatives have never fully absorbed the fact that America is based on universal I [ 18 Answers ]

"While conservatives like Steyn call for a display of this confidence in reaction to controversies like the "cartoon jihad," it is they who lack confidence in our civilization’s ability to absorb and assimilate immigrants. This was honestly confessed in a March 30 column by Peggy Noonan in the Wall...

Flash Action Script-Programming in Flash cs3 professional [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Does anybody know 1. method to creating a folder using Flash action script ? 2.Any good sites to learn Flash action script ? 3.Code to make a button in flash to browse for a image file and then to display its path? Thanks in Advance.. :)

Good news or bad news are these doctors of their rocker? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, well I went to the doctor today concerning my miscarriage last week. Some of you may have read my post about having discharge and why the bleeding stopped (after only 3-4 days), well it turns out I am one of those women who can pass everything in 4 days. I have had an ultrasound...

Is there a place to get free tutorials on flash? [ 2 Answers ]

Just what the title says.

View more questions Search