Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shannon147256 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 07:15 AM
    Worst thing to happen.
    I know this sounds like every other person after they break up, but I Can't get over my ex boyfriend. We were together for about 5 months and it was wonderful and I fell so deeply in love with him. We broke up about 5 in a half months ago. The worst part of this situtation is his mom made us break up. He never has thought for himself and has always been that way. We snuck around for those 5 months and even though I couldn't stand it I also loved it because I had him. IT got to the point where his mom said either his family or me and obv. He picked his family. When we broke up we both cried and just said we'd move on because we couldn't be together... six months later I still cry about him and think about him nonstop. We have everything in common and I felt like we were meant to be. What can I do? I've tried everything to get over him, and it won't work.
    dolly100 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 09:25 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that
    But for me, I think
    Parents should not intervene .If he is an adult then he knows what he have to do and this non of his mom's bussniss.. I'm tired of thos parents who think that they have the right to intervents of their son/Daughter
    And if your boyfriend was deeply loves you.. will also struggling for love
    Good luck
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

May 9, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Sounds like this is a guy you don't want.. either he's a mama's boy or he's got some deep emotional problems. No matter how close I was to my family I would never dump someone I was in love with because my family didn't like the person.. it's a really Odd thing to do. And you don't want to be involved in that... his mom definitely has power over him.. and think if you guys do end up getting back together it's going to be drama constantly and if you get married, it could destroy the marriage, I've heard of that happening plenty of times,

As for you.. you haven't gotten over him because I think you probably still have hope that he will see the light and come back to you.. and more than likely that's not happening.. You need to tell yourself that this chapter in your life is done. You need to come to the realization that it's over. You delayed the healing process and yes it's tough, but you need to move on. You need to do things for yourself and meet new people..

First step except that it's over and you'll slowly begin to feel better, time really does heal your pain.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 10:04 AM
    I think the critical piece of information here is the age of the couple.

While it may be correct to tell someone who is 18 or older not to let their parents determine who they date, if they are younger, maybe even MUCH younger, that advice is a little off base.

You will have other boyfriends. You will have other break-ups.

The only real cure for this feeling is time. Some require more time than others.

You will feel better, eventually, I can almost guarantee it.
    Shannon147256 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Thanks so much, I hear it from family and friends. And I've sat here for this period of break up and told myself that it won't happen but I do see him on a daily basis at our high school and he always looks at me and it makes me feel like he's hurting inside so bad, and I care about him so much, and then it gets me thinking of the things we said to each other and how we felt... all I have to say is it's hard, but I guess I have to just pretend it never happened, and move on but I guess I'm the type of person who's going to sit here and hold on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 10:55 AM
    but I guess I'm the type of person who's going to sit here and hold on.
    I think the way it happened is so hard to accept. Once you get over that things will be easier. Why did HIS parents break you two up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worst Foods ever [ 71 Answers ]

Worst Food - Spam What do you think is a waste of space in the supermarket? :D

The WORST bank to EVER go by [ 14 Answers ]

HELP! I need a real pro to help me figure this one out; maybe a banking pro. As of 12/17/07, my checking account overdrafted by $1.05. Naturally my bank (TD Bank North) charged me... $35.00!! I don't know if anyone knows RedBox DVD rentals but 4 of those came through on my account and I did not...

What's the worst thing [ 5 Answers ]

I always wondered, what's the worst thing that can happen from drinking or sharing drinks with someone. Besides mono. I don't see how its so bad besides catching a cold.

What Were Some f Your Best/Worst Experiences Ever? [ 53 Answers ]

Self explanatory don't you think? What are some of your experiences (recent ør not so recent) that were good, bad and ugly. Experiences with family ør friends ør pets... anything goes:)

What is the worst that can happen when you claim to be a citizen when you're not? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to apply for citizenship but before I do so I would like to hear from people who have either been through this or who know what happens in this case... About three years ago I was crossing the border for the first time and I claimed to be a citizen they took me in the room and told me...

View more questions Search