Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 07:28 AM
    The Drug War
    Hello:

Why did they pass a Constitutional amendment to ban alcohol if all they had to do was make "War on Alcohol"?

Did those legislators know something that ours don't? Could the War on Drugs be illegal?

excon
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 09:21 AM
    I don't think it's illegal, because drugs can be really dangerous and should be kept away from children, but the war on drugs is not winnable, it's mostly just a waste of time and our money.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 10:11 AM
    The 18th amendment could not have passed without sufficient popular support . Like most amendments ,it needed the overwhelming ratification of the various State legislatures . In the end only 2 states outright rejected it.Many of the States had already prohibited alcohol on their own. This came after a century long growing temperance movement became the majority opinion in the country.

If you think the Controlled Substance Act is unconstitutional or illegal perhaps you should test it in court .But I'm sure it has been challenged many times in court.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Why did they pass a Constitutional amendment to ban alcohol if all they had to do was make "War on Alcohol"?
    Isn't that what Carrie Nation did? ;)
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Apr 2, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Ex,

I think you'll enjoy this interview. Ventura appears to support Ron Paul's views more so than the other candidiates:

YouTube - Jesse Ventura Discusses Politics Part 1

YouTube - Jesse Ventura Discusses Politics Part 2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

War [ 5 Answers ]

There was a post about a marine that lost is life. A marine that committed suicide. I commented on about what a war can do to somebody mentally. I also commented on what I would do if I were him. All of a sudden it turned into somebody accusing me of dictating what others have to do. Which was...

The War - Against Us [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: Is it possible to win a war without attacking the Constitution too? I say yes. The dufus in chief and his cohorts amongst you, say no. I don't know. There's this twisted Republican mentality that I've observed but can't, for the life of me, figure it out. It goes something like...

Civil War [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I have a question about the civil war... In mid-1863 the Union gained control of the entire length of the Mississippi River. What strategic advantage did this give the Union? Help Please

War [ 7 Answers ]

I recently saw a bumper sticker that stated: "Why do we kill people to show that killing people is wrong?" While I am not a warmonger, I do see the need for it since so many of our world leaders do not have the same value system. How do I respond to "peaceniks" who can offer no viable alternative...

View more questions Search