Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xox-kay77kay-xox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Oh My Goodness:Solve The System
    Solve The System

x + √3 y = 4√2

√3x+y=2√6

Help! I just can't seem to figure this out. And I have no idea where to begin with it.:eek:
    terryg752 Posts: 197, Reputation: 4

Oct 10, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xox-kay77kay-xox
    Solve The Sytem

x + √3 y = 4√2

√3x+y=2√6

Help! I just can't seem to figure this out. and I have no idea where to begin with it.:eek:

See my answer
    terryg752 Posts: 197, Reputation: 4

Oct 10, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Solve The Sytem

x + √3 y = 4√2

√3x+y=2√6

Help! I just can't seem to figure this out. and I have no idea where to begin with it.:eek:
    Multiply first equation by square root of 3

Then subtract the second equation, getting value of y

Substitute value of y in second equation, getting value of x
    Ratna Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 01:15 AM
    Solve The Sytem

x + √3 y = 4√2

√3x+y=2√6

I think what u can do to remove those square roots is to multiply the whole equation with the square root. So the equation would be : x2 + 3y2 = 32(16x2) -----(1)

3x2 + y2 = 24 (4x6)------(2)

and then u can multiply the first equation with 3... and then minus the equation 1 and 2... so that will just leave u with y.. and there u can solve your equation.. good luck... just send me a message or quote this if u need to noe more..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solve [(86400*n^2)/2^n]<1 solve n [ 3 Answers ]

Could you Please solve this problem <1 solve n

Solve the Follwing system of equations [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I need so help bad! 3x=-12 1=x+y+2z 2x-y=-9 I have tried the 5 or six times but I can never get the right answer... I need help... Sorry I forgot to add the 2z...

Solve the Follwing system of equations 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi New Question 4y+6z=-2x-13 5y+2z=-13 y+2=0 Could u show me how to do this one? Thank u

Power Source protector with alarm. Going off. Goodness. The noise is killer [ 1 Answers ]

OK. My internet died.. and I shut off the router and the power surge protector shut off too. Now the alarm is going off and I can't get it to stop

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search