Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 09:55 AM
    After the abortion
    I had an abortion about 2 weeks ago. I was told by my medical provider to not have sex for 3 WHOLE WEEKS! I understand that my body has to heal, but unfortunately my man and I had sex within 6 days. Right after making love I began to bleed. Since then I have been bleeding very lightly but regularly and have had sex again which increased the bleeding for alitlle while then it went back to being light. I really would like the bleeding to go away so my sex life can get back to normal. I was told to put the NuvaRing in the day after my procedure which I did buti know the ring prevents me from having a period until I take it out. I would like to know if I will the light bleeding will ever stop and if so when or what can I do to help it?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 25, 2007, 09:59 AM
    You need to STOP having sex!! You see, your cervix was slightly dilated for the doctor to do the procedure. It will take a while for your cervix to close.

Having sex right now with your cervix partially dilated you are introducing germs into your uterus that could cause potential illness and/or injury.

Also, if you are not ready for a child you should be using two forms of birth control as on birth control is 100% effective except for abstinence.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Do you have any respect for yourself. I'm not judging you on the abortion but your lack of ability to say no to your man. You have to give your body a chance to heal. Unfotunatly I feel that the chances of you repeating your actions 2 weeks ago are very high.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Often for medical needs couples may have to go months without sex,

You seem to have no self control and little respect for your own health.
    Leedee Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2007, 06:33 PM
    You need to give your body a break for a while - I had a termination once and I had sex before the 2 weeks was over and I bled for another 3 weeks - its your body telling you it needs a break for a while.

Best of luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abortion? [ 54 Answers ]

I haven't told anyone about this... if I had a baby now id would be so unhappy. I don't have the money or the time kto put into it... same with my boyfriend... we are not married yet, we are taking things one step at a time, if we had a baby it would screw up our plans. You know? Well if I turn...

Abortion [ 33 Answers ]

I know my views... what are yours?

After abortion [ 13 Answers ]

I had an abortion by using pills before 9 months my periods are also normal after that but there is secreation of white liquid from my breasts and liquid comes out of the nipples from multiple holes.I m worried please tell me what it is?

After Abortion [ 12 Answers ]

I have had three abortions. After my third one I never really got my period but I do bleed once a month as if I have my periond. Can you tell me what's going on?

Abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Abortion I have a an abortion on the 29th of sept. I was fine after the abortion I had little to no bleeding.. on the days following the surgery . Now 9 week after the procedure I still have not had my period. I am having cramps which I thought where periods but still no periods. I am not...

View more questions Search