Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Tired of dealing with drug addicted
    My husband is addicted to marijuana. About 10 years ago, he said he'll quit once we have children. After the kids, he said he'll quit when the they start school. 2 months ago, when I told him that I really can not deal with it any longer, he finally said he'll be lying if he said he'll quit. He even said that he's doing it to keep me. What is that supposed to mean?? (Anybody knows? )
    We both work and I make more money than him. I am so tired of realizing that we can use the money for something else than his drug. The kids are getting older and I am getting more and more confused. I told him 2 months ago that I need to separate from him for a while. The kids and I was going to stay at my mom house. But it didn't happen because somehow, he talked to the kids and made it sound like we're getting divorce. The kids were crying, he cried... and he said he'll try to smoke less and not around us. My heart melt and I decided to stay. Well, less than a month later, it's back to the way it was... Does anybody ever have similar problem?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
    You understand that he will not quit until he is ready to quit. There is no amount of trying or talking to a person who addicted to any substance.

Unfortunately it may come down to you having to leave him and take the kids.

Understand he will NOT quit until he is ready to. Sometimes it takes life altering situations for the addict (of any drug) realizes the depth of their addiction and decides to take the first step.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm tired of trying [ 7 Answers ]

I'am tired of trying to get pregnant if it happen it happen.I want it so bad though

I am tired! [ 9 Answers ]

OK I am now 35 weeks and I want to know if anyone has any ways to go into labor early... now I don't want to just yet but I am getting close and in the next 3 weeks and I just need some ideas... please help me I am so tired and can't do much I feel big and blaaaaa... please let me know or if any...

Accelerated Eviction of Tenant due to Felony Drug Dealing Charge [ 8 Answers ]

Help! I live in PA and the tenants of the (only) rental property were arrested this morning on felony drug dealing charges. There is NO doubt that the drugs were being dealt from my rental property. What rights and responsibilities do I have as far as getting them evicted as soon as possible!!

I'm really getting tired [ 1 Answers ]

Its been since July first that I have been on my period. At first I thought OK its because I stopped the depo shot and its just trying to regulate itself. I started taking a new form of birth control (the pill). It was helping decrease my period but it made me nauseaded and develop too much yeast...

I'm tired of poop... [ 9 Answers ]

Mostly this thread is about me venting. Our lovely new little Basset Hound, Buddy, as my husband has named him, won't stop pooping in the house. We finally got him to stop peeing in his crate. He had to spend a couple of hours in a puddle of his own pee before we got home to give him a bath (the...

View more questions Search