Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joyfulmami Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 11:47 AM
    Birth control pills
    Hello, I had a baby 3 months ago and started to have intercourse with my husband using condoms, I want to get tuba ligation soon because we decided not to have anymore kids, I went to my obgyn yesterday and I was given birth control pills till I get the operation of tuba ligation done but I need to make sure I have this correct, I started my period on the 1st of may and it ended on may 6, yesterday I started to take my birth control pill Wednesday, when should I begin having unproctected sex with my husband? Even if we don't have sex now and I continue my pills when can we have intercourse without worring of us getting pregnant. Should he use a condoms for the 7 days or does he have to wear it the whole month. Confused!. Thanks.
    twiggylondon Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 05:52 PM
    Most of them says seven days. But check first. If you were told seven days then its is seven.
    This only applies to those who follow there medication patten correctly. If not give it time. A week or two won't hurt.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 11, 2012, 06:02 PM
    Even if we don't have sex now and I continue my pills when can we have intercourse without worring of us getting pregnant.
    The answer is never. The pill isn't 100%. I personally know many women that were on the pill, used a condom, and another form of birth control (all used correctly), and still got pregnant. If you really don't want another pregnancy, then don't have sex until after the tubal is done, and make sure that the tubal is done correctly.

If you want the generic answer, the one on the "box" of the pill, then you should be on the pill for at least a month before having sex without a condom.

If you want the real answer, then see my above response.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2012, 07:48 PM
    Most birth control pills are not fully effective till you have been on them for about 30 days, at 8 days most will not be as effective.

Next birth control pills are far from 100 percent effective, so you need to be on the pills and use a condom ( and you do realize condoms have about a 10 percent failure rate)

There are some women who still using condoms and birth control pills that still get pregnant.

So if you don't want another child, you would not have sex, till you can have the surgary.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 11, 2012, 08:08 PM
    I really hate to say this, because it will burst the bubble even further. I have two personal friends, people I know, see all the time, that had a tubal ligation, and still got pregnant. It is possible. Rare, but possible. So you really have to make sure that the tubal is successful.

I have to ask. Why are you getting a tubal? A vasectomy is day surgery, in fact, it's a few minutes, then back at home, so much easier, and even though there is a small percentage of failure with that as well (about the same as with the tubal), it's a far less invasive surgery. Why isn't hubby getting a vasectomy?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth control pills [ 402 Answers ]

Hello: It's clear that Limprod knows NOTHING about a woman's reproductive organs.. He thinks that the more sex a woman has, the more birth control she needs.. He's confused. Maybe he was absent that day in biology when the birds and the bees were discussed.. Or maybe his right wing...

Birth control pills [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant if I am using birth control pills while breastfeeding?

Birth control pills [ 7 Answers ]

A doctor once told me if you over dose on the contraceptive pill it has the same affect as the mornin after pill. True or false?

Birth control with pills [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've been on pills for 2 years now and I'm pretty satisfied with the protection. The only thing that worries me is this: Well after I finish a pack of pills, it takes me 3-4 days to have my period started. And I don't know if I have any chance of getting pregnant in these 4 days. I try to be...

Birth control pills [ 5 Answers ]

I was using birth control pills(CONTRACEPTIVE LD, Ethinyl Estradiol 0.03 Levonorgestrel 0.15 ) for 8months,on 8th months time I start had brown discharge,I went to doctor,doctor said maybe is infection OR pills is not good for you anymore so doctor gave me cream for infection & new birth control...

View more questions Search