Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2022, 02:00 PM
    Normal ?
    One of the reasons Clueless "won" was his channeling Warren G Harding's promise to return to normalcy. Do things appear to be normal to you? Or is the "new normal "? Was his promise to return to normal some nostalgia that really never existed ?

Herr Doctor Fauci said that Americans should "assess their own risk" so I guess that is a start to normalcy away from the benevolent busy body nanny state determining what you should be doing for yourself.
    Fauci FINALLY concedes that its now up to individual Americans to decide how to deal with pandemic | Daily Mail Online

Headline : White House says it expects inflation to be "extraordinarily elevated " is that normal ?
    Inflation data: White House expects big price hikes in March CPI (cnbc.com)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2022, 02:18 PM
    "Nothing to see here. Just keep moving on. Go to your houses and enjoy the free money we send out from time to time. Nothing to worry about. We have it all under control. Trust us."
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2022, 06:16 AM
    Inflation report is going to blow people away today. Also Clueless is going to reinstate a Trump decision to suspend the ban on summer time ethanol 15% that the courts had already called unconstitutional .
    U.S. Supreme Court Rejects E15 Case • Farm Policy News (illinois.edu)

Back then the Dems hated the idea .
    Klobuchar blasts Trump ethanol proposal as ‘too little too late’ | The Hill

This coincides with Clueless visiting an ethanol plant today.

Ethanol added to gas is BS
    Corn Ethanol Will Not Cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions News and Research - Scientific American

Even the Goracle admits it was a scam.
    Al Gore: Votes, not science, led me to back corn ethanol (nbcnews.com)

But that is besides the point. E15% is even worse because few stations have the infrastructure to dispense it because it is not a year round product. So the economic benefit should be minimal.
    E15 is currently offered at only 2,300 gas stations in the country.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2022, 08:05 AM
    Ethanol was never a good idea. Even worse, it is now a bad idea that no one wants to oppose out of fear of falling out of favor in the corn states.
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2022, 04:45 AM
    "Extraordinarily elevated " is the words Peppermint Patty Psaki used to describe the inflation numbers .What is extraordinary is how the Dems set a message and religiously repeat it like Gregorian chants. The other thing you hear them chant in unison is "Putin's price hike " . That is a big lie too. Inflation began to heat up almost immediately after Clueless was installed when his first act was to kneecap American energy production. .
    Joe Manchin gets it . He blamed “the administration” and the Fed for failing “to act fast enough” to address rising prices in a statement yesterdaycalling for lower federal spending ,less federal debt, more aggressive monetary policy from the Fed, and bipartisan support in Congress for “an all-of-the-above energy policy”.

By my estimation the Fed has lost a year when their gradual increases in interest rates may have worked . Now I am afraid that we will need a repeat of the rate hikes Paul Volker used to reverse a decade of bad monetary policy by the Fed in the 1970s. There is no alternative but the raise rates to the rate of inflation .The longer it takes ,the longer we will endure inflation and the inevitable recession. Their ideas about so called "soft landing " is fanciful and rarely happens.

Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2022, 03:26 AM
    They say this is the worse inflation in 40 years . That is a lie . This inflation is much worse than it was in the 1970s .Since then the government has removed some key indicators from the inflation calculation to make it appear that inflation is not that bad . Ask anyone who does the family shopping and they will tell you how bad it really is out there

Clueless blames high gas prices on Putin's war('Putin's price hike' ) in Ukraine. That is a lie . Gas prices started raising the second he walked into the White House and killed the Keystone pipeline by EO ;and ended leasing of Federal land . (When Congress grows a pair some day they will get around to severely limiting a President's power to play dictator via the executive order ).
    He knows he has stepped into it and with the midterm elections approaching ,he has EOed the release of 1 million barrels of oil per day from our strategic reserve (SPR). His plan it to release 180 million barrels for 180 days to end coincidently right after the midterm elections .

This oil is stored for genuine emergencies . But Presidents from both parties have used it to attempt to affect prices at the pump for political purposes . That is an abuse of Presidential authority.

What is even worse is that some of the oil released is on it's way to Europe .

According to Bloomberg, citing a person familiar with the matter, the Suezmax ship Advantage Spring - sailing for Rotterdam, according to ship-tracking data compiled by Bloomberg - received emergency SPR sweet crude from Energy Transfer’s Nederland oil facility around April 1 for export.

Oil From Biden's Emergency SPR Release Is Heading For Europe | ZeroHedge

It is bad enough that we are paying the price of Clueless' and the green new deal Democrat progressive madness . What is even worse is now we are subsidizing the European green madness .
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2022, 04:43 AM
    The move to lesson the SPR is really foolish. We have about 650 million barrels in the reserve, so the loss of 180 million barrels will be significant. Then throw in the fact that since the world uses about 80 million barrels a day, an additional 1 million barrels daily is not going to have any substantial impact. It's all political show as is the propaganda that gas prices are rising only because of the war in Ukraine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I distinguish the normal vaginal discharge from a not normal? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, It's been quite a while that I experience vaginal discharged. I don't feel itchy in that area neither the burning sensation, but I noticed lately that I have been experiencing a vaginal discharged even right after my period and continuous. And I discharge more when I go to the bathroom. Can...

I have a bump on my nose, is it normal or not normal! [ 1 Answers ]

I got my nose pierced two months ago, within that time I got this strange looking bump and I thought it was a pimple so I popped it. It resulted with a scab that fell off after like 3 days and then my nose was normal again. Recently the bump has come back, its red and looks a bit whitish like the...

My breasts! Normal, or not normal? [ 8 Answers ]

OK, so I'm 12 years old. My breasts are growing fairly quickly, and now I've reached to about a b-cup. The problem is, my right breast is growing at a much faster rate then my left breast. Now it looks ridiculously mis-matched, and my right breast even has stretch marks! I'm worried now, will it...

My chihuahua pup is in heat, her female part is 3 times normal size, is that normal? [ 1 Answers ]

My chihuahua pup is in heat, her female part is 3 times normal size, is that normal?

Are drywall cracks in arched doorways normal? How much is normal? [ 3 Answers ]

I have large, arched, drywall covered openings in my livingroom and dining areas. Some of them are showing cracks along drywall tape seams. The house is about 5 years old. My question is, how much is normal? Thanks!

View more questions Search