Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2012, 04:45 PM
    Now for something completely different
    A pyramid shaped rock has been found on Mars. In any place on Earth to find such a rock would be to have found an artifact, but on Mars it's just a rock, an unusual rock, but a rock.
    Pyramid shaped rock found on Mars by NASA rover Curiosity | Space, Military and Medicine | News.com.au

When you find a symmetrical object it is usual to ask what could have shaped it, wind doesn't usually make things symmetrical and liquid tends to round things off and make them smooth.

Could it be this has been left there for us to find?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Little green men are hiding in their spider holes having what passes as laughing to them right now...

I'm curious if they got pictures from the other side as well... that would make all the difference in the world. Didn't notice in the article if they did or not.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2012, 07:12 PM
    No doubt we will see the other side when the rover moves on, wonderful how they think wind makes straight edges, and triangular shapes, I wonder what other marvels of science they will uncover
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2012, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    no doubt we will see the other side when the rover moves on, wonderfull how they think wind makes straight edges, and triangular shapes, I wonder what other marvels of science they will uncover
    I agree... I'm going to take a guess when they other side is revealed its not going to be what they saw in this side... the odds are just to great that it isn't.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2012, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I agree....I'm going to take a guess when they other side is revealed its not going to be what they saw in this side....the odds are just to great that it isn't.
    You got to hope otherwise mindboggling
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 09:35 PM
    I am sure it will be part of the Dec? End of the world ( can't remember what dates they are saying)

I really miss out on all the good news over here. But on the othoer hand I bet you did not know they opened a new Walmart here
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2012, 11:34 PM
    Hi Chuck, Walmart what's that? We have enough el cheapo joints here, we don't have that one. Dec 21 Chuck it's supposed to be the big day when the cosmic clock resets and the world falls apart, summer or winter soltice as the case may be

Try this perspective
    http://www.smh.com.au/tv/Movies/2012...a-4292107.html
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2012, 03:03 AM
    The rock was left by the same beings who carved the human face in the rock at Cydonia
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2012, 03:51 AM
    Nothing weird, just more unanswered questions
    Expert

Sep 22, 2012, 04:15 AM
    No, Walmart here is like part of America, almost all items in store have English names, they even have taco sauce ( only place I have found it in a month) and the prize of all, a air mattress. After a month of sleeping on a bamboo mat, that air mattress is like sacred.
    Expert

Sep 22, 2012, 04:19 AM
    They even blocked those video. I can't watch any Youtube, US TV on internet, Netflix and any US video company.

They let me on that side, but then blocked each video I tried to watch
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2012, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    They even blocked those video. I can't watch any Youtube, US TV on internet, Netflix and any US video company.

They let me on that side, but then blocked each video I tried to watch
    Where are you, China?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 22, 2012, 07:48 AM
    no doubt we will see the other side when the rover moves on, wonderfull how they think wind makes straight edges, and triangular shapes, I wonder what other marvels of science they will uncover
    It look natural to me. It doesn't look like it is attatched to the underlayment. If that is the case then the wind can polish the sides by dragging the stone across the land especially if it is made of basalt like they believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basalt
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2012, 08:01 AM
    Could it be this has been left there for us to find?
    Hello clete:

Absatively...

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2012, 06:34 PM
    I'm glad you agree Ex. We will just add this one to the many unexplained mysteries
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2012, 03:50 AM
    I'm glad you agree Ex. We will just add this one to the many unexplained mysteries
    More unexplained mysteries. I always thought Melbourne was full of aliens but then there are aliens and aliens

http://www.news.com.au/national/ufo-...-1226479683210

Now I wonder whether these are Greek or Italian or some newly arrived Indians, it sure beats coming by boat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

... and now for something completely different. [ 7 Answers ]

Last Pinta giant tortoise Lonesome George dies http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/6/24/1340576555626/Lonesome-George-007.jpg BBC News - Last Pinta giant tortoise Lonesome George dies Such a shame..

Factor Completely [ 4 Answers ]

3x^5 y^2 - 21x^2 y^7

And now for something completely different [ 84 Answers ]

Yes that's right Boys and Girls, step right up and... Ask Me Anything The Rules Ask me anything you want that isn't to do with this site and I will answer in a style of my choosing. That's the rules done, now what are you waiting for? Ok I know it's on the wrong board, but this is...

Factor Completely [ 3 Answers ]

how do I solve this problem Factor Completely 16x squared - 81y to the fourth

View more questions Search