Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2014, 06:44 AM
    already did .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2014, 06:38 PM
    I know public servants are supposed to be a-political but get used to it, in a polarised electorate they have opinions and allegiences and they do their bit, bidden or unbidden
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2014, 06:48 PM
    to use the power that the IRS wields on political opponents turns the government into a tyranny .
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2014, 07:04 PM
    maybe, but law is law and the IRS has the right to investigate where deductability is claimed. That they might have been a little selective, well, there is a lot of poor judgement about and it isn't confined to politicians. perhaps that selectivity existed because they had experience in how to identify those bogus claims

The problem you have is you see a smoking gun everywhere. Tell me when you were a kid did you yell tyranny when you got you hand caught in the cookie jar
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2014, 01:40 AM
    That they might have been a little selective, well, there is a lot of poor judgement about and it isn't confined to politicians. perhaps that selectivity existed because they had experience in how to identify those bogus claims
    The equal protection clause of the 14th amendment reads :
    No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Targeting groups solely because of their political affiliation denies them equal protection .

Tell me when you were a kid did you yell tyranny when you got you hand caught in the cookie jar
    None of the groups targeted were charged with any wrong doing . The purpose of this persecution was to deny them their legal status under the law until after the 2012 elections.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2014, 02:32 AM
    As I see it Tom you are hiding behind a whole lot of excuses
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2014, 04:37 AM
    as I see it ,the Obama adm is stonewalling and covering up a criminal act .
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2014, 05:56 AM
    Look Tom this is a fishing expedition, Benghazi is a fishing expedition, charges are a whole other ball game
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 29, 2014, 07:06 AM
    The equal protection clause of the 14th amendment reads :
    No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
    Except if you are gay a woman, black, brown, or NON Christian.

Targeting groups solely because of their political affiliation denies them equal protection .
    All should be investigated equally. No exceptions.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2014, 09:14 AM
    All should be investigated equally. No exceptions.
    exactly but that isn't what happened.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2014, 03:15 PM
    What you are saying Tom is that unless every suspect is prosecuted at the same time, no one should be prosecuted, unless everyone is investigated at the same time noone should be investigated. All offenses are individual Tom not collective and that clause is talking about the protections of the law such as being on your ordinary and lawful occasion whereas these organisation were formed for political purposes and wanted protection from income tax, something they were not entitled to
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2014, 02:59 AM
    no what I'm saying is that if ANY political /charitable group is given the tax protected status then ALL should be treated the same . If they are targetting conservative groups exclusively then those groups are not getting equal protection of the law. The real problem here is that the IRS became an extention of the Obama /Democrat campaign in the 2012 election .
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2014, 04:07 AM
    No Tom what happened is the neat little plan got nipped in the bud, some of tyose good ole boys were just a little obvious. what's the point of being in government if you can't give advice and direction to departments under your control
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2014, 07:15 AM
    and I'll repeat that in 1973 ,using the IRS to target political opponents was considered an impeachable offense .
    Expert

Jun 30, 2014, 08:09 AM
    You haven't proven Obama used the IRS to target conservative groups.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2014, 08:24 AM
    Its in the emails that they are refusing to turn over Obama is behind all of this. And nobody that knows anything believes they are "lost". Its left wing loons protecting each other and their messiah.
    Expert

Jun 30, 2014, 09:10 AM
    So your whole case rests on emails you don't have, that might implicate the president. Good luck.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 30, 2014, 09:22 AM
    whole case rests on emails you don't have
    Actually, the case rests on the emails they DO have. The crime is already established. The emails they don't have indicate the defendant.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2014, 09:39 AM
    Those emails exist... those people are in contempt... and before this is over.. people WILL be going to jail... and a lot of people are going to be unemployed. Which is exactly as it should be.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2014, 04:55 PM
    so another gvt bureaucrat had her email erased with a hard drive crash. This one works for the Federal Election Commission. and as a coincidence ,Lois Lerner used to be her boss. You can't make this stuff up !!!

Her name is April J. Sands, a lawyer at FEC . The problem is that she spent a significant part of her day campaigning for the emperor ,and other Dems ,soliciting contributions in complete violation of the Hatch Act via Twitter .The Hatch Act is a law that bans such politicking by Federal Employees on the job. She resigned in April after the FEC Inspector General began an investigation. That's when it was discovered that the agency had destroyed the evidence.(ooops I mean "recycled" ). The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia declined criminal prosecution after the evidence was destroyed .

Now we know that Lerner did communicate with the FEC about the groups she was targeting . Could it be that April Sands' computer had that evidence in it ? I think so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Scandal [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of services or training do you think Toyota should give to the customers to gain back its reputation after the scandal occurred?

The real mortgage scandal [ 14 Answers ]

I read something on this a while back and finally found another column on it thanks to Sweetness & Light... And so what are the contenders' solutions to this crisis, brought on in the name of fairness, equality and other warm and fuzzy nonsense? Hillary wants a moratorium on...

Whoops, *another* Republican caught in sex scandal [ 6 Answers ]

Wash. legislator resigns over gay sex scandal | KTVB.COM | Regional News | Boise, Idaho News, Weather, Sports & Traffic This is happening with alarming regularity.

Protein bar scandal? [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard some talk about protein bars and how more than half of them LIE about the suppliment facts of their bar such as amount of fat, sat fat and other facts. Does anyone know any "trustworthy" protein bars out there that can assure me I am getting what I think I bought?

View more questions Search